Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why does my bottom right eyelid twitch?
Last night, my bottom right eyelid started twitching. It wouldn't go away, so I went to bed. When I woke up this morning, the twitching went away. However, it did twitch a few times during the ...

Is blood blue or green before it hits oxygen?

Does anyone feel embarassed when they have to use the bathroom really bad and take a crap in a public restroom
I have a really bad problem about having to go to the bathroom in public and I wait until i get home. Is that normal?...

Is it that important to use sun protection?
I went out in the sun & instead of using any sun protection i used baby oil, it's only bacause i want a tan, it's not like i got burnt coz my skin don't burn in the ...

How do you get diarrhea on purpose?

What should i do to increase my height?
I am 17 years old and my height is 5ft 2inches. What should i do ?...

How can i get rid of my eye stye without going to the doctor?

Why do i go faint at the very first sign of hunger?
I eat alot for someone my height and weight, my co-worker can bring in a salad and have that fill her till tea time, but i need alot more than that ans the moment i feel hungary i feel shakey and ...

Does smoking cause depression?
I have been carrying out some research into smoking and quitting and along the way I have been alarmed at the amount of people who discover they have some from of mental or anxiety disorder after ...

I missed 2 weeks of class, and now my instructors want a doctor's note, any suggestions!?
I missed 2 weeks of class due to some personal reasons. I became very unmotivated to get to class because of this. So after 2 weeks, I return to class and tell my instructors and the program ...

My boyfriend has really bad dandruff,and not only is his scalp dry but his face is too.what to do.help?
. he is black and it basically looks like really bad dry skin.but it isn't.To ...

How can i get to sleep?
I need help getting to sleep..counting sheep doesnt seem to ...

What should we do to reduce stress during examinations???

How to keep warm? How to produce body heat?
It's starting to get cold, and the heat/ventilation thingy in my room doens't really work.. I can't really use a electronic heater because of rules/policies and chance of making a fire ...

Does a person with a colostemy bag fart?
I'm probably going to hell for asking such a question, but seriously... many patients w/ a colostemy bag have had their colons removed. So, do they have gas? If so, do they pass it into their ...

Could someone please describe this...waking up unable to move..?
Twice, I have awakened from sleep unable to move. I can open my eyes and my mind is alert. Yet I am unable to move my body for what seems like an eternity. It's not that I'm tired, I'm ...

Is too much laughing bad for you?

Pregnancy not even a possibilty....serious answers PLEASE!?
Lately I feel sick & tired.
I'm only sixteen & i know for a fact i'm not pregnant.
I have moments where when i stand for a long period of time i feel like i'm about ...

How would I get myself to sleep early?

Please come here if you have had your wisdom teeth pulled EASY 10 POINTS?
okay so i had my wisdom teeth (all 4)out about 2 months agonow. the other day i woke up and my gum was swoolen. this is the second time. the first time i got anit-biotics and so i went again this ...

blackolivesrule
What does a doctor's note look like? is it a little filled out form or just a note scribbled on a blank page?

Additional Details
oh, n it's not for me...not that it matters, heh, but it's for a friend's friend in college, apparently her prof actually wants one.

sapphiresunstar
Rating
The doctors note should come from a doctor! Forging a doctors note could lead to a fine or jail time. Think about it.

Justsyd
Your friend needs to call the doctor.

jaylenemarie
Rating
They have specific paper that lists the office information and the secretary normally can fill one out for you. It will say some like Sarah Jane was seen and treated in our office on 7/26/2006 and released 7/27/2006. There will also be a few lines they can writie any work restrictions, etc. Normally the drs signature is a stamp. I've seen a lot since I am a manager who requires workers to show me a drs excuse for missing work.

van kedileri
Rating
the latter

BeachBABE
Rating
Its a real form and he just checks it off with the day you went there and when you can return to school or work.

imagineworldwide
Rating
Actually, you can go and steal a prescription pad (or part of one) from the drawer, while you're having to wait forever in the examining room (some doctors leave their pads there), and use them to write anything that may sound professional looking and that will satisfy the educator or the employer.

or

You can go to a printing store (or set up your own printer) and have them print a bogus doctor's name and address on the top of a pad, and then do the same writing.

NightSpotter
Rating
In England its a bit like the prescription pad its A5 size and a printed form that the doctor fills in it is pre printed and has the surgery address and phone number on.

whabtbob
Some doc's have pre-printed notes they use exclusively to document absences from school and/or work. Others just scribble something quickly on a piece of paper.

The key is that as long as the handwriting is illegible, people will assume it was written by a doctor! :)

hotmama
Rating
Usually docs just write it on a script pad and sign there name, I'd tell that professor to screw off

A Designer
It depends on the doctor's office... for scholastic purposes, however, it is usually expected that the note will be on some sort of form or letterhead with the doctor's name/address printed on it... so that the person who's requesting the letter knows it's legit.

Calina
It is what ever the doctor wants to write it on. Usually his prescription pad or something with his name and license printed on it.

Really no point in trying to fake it. They will call and check it out.

KayAlley
Rating
whatever is happening understand that when things look suspicious the Prof. will call the doctor to verify everything is correct anyway.
Every doctors tablet looks different. Now that you are adults forgery is another thing to worry about,

practical thinking
Some will just scribble something about you having been at their office on one of their perscription not pads. It has the Dr's address and number on it, and it's usually right there just after s/he examines you. If you have to go back and ask for one, depending on how busy they were, they could type one up...or again just whip out the pad and scribble a quick note.

aout
They write the note on their prescription pad. So it has all their contact info and credentials on it. So, you actually need to go see a doctor to get one.

Most doctors write something like this:

"insert your name here" was in my office today due to medical reasons.

Earl D
Rating
It's handwritten on a precription form or typed up on letterhead by the secretary or nurse and signed by the doctor.

trekker2b
Rating
its usually written on a script note, or an office letterhead

gummi bear
Rating
doctors have pads of paper with their names and office addresses/phone numbers on them. they scribble their notes on these.

Lauren
It's a filled out form. Tell "your friend's friend"(who do you think your fooling)to go to class next time.

zippythejessi
You mean a note excusing from class/exam?

It depends. Often they're on prescription pads, but sometimes drug companies provide forms to fill out. (Since script pads are not cheap and the forms are free!) But, in order to be valid, they need to be stamped by the office.

PS - stealing a prescription pad or prescription blank is a FELONY and most doctors prosecute.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy