Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

How long does marijuana stay in your system?
I use to smoke pot every day (since September 2006)...ive been clean since May 5th 2008...I drink alot of water... Should my system be clean by now? I read that it takes a long time to leave your ...

Why do humans fart?

PLEASE HELP ME and read .......???
my best friends father said that she couldnt hang around with me anymore. He is very odd and does weird stuff like this often. He says Im only "bringing her down". I am an a-b student. I ...

I can't wake up early. Any ideas.?
I have an awful time waking up in the morning. What can I do to get myself out of bed early. I do go to bed late, but I am a night person and I can't fall asleep when I go to bed early. Any ...

Girls only!!! Do you mind if a guy looks at your toenails?

Any suggestions on how to deal with stress?
I am very stressed! I have a stressful job, 2 small kids and the usual life stuff to deal with - don't we all....

How do people deal with stress when it builds up and you feel like ...

HELP! My foot got so burnt in the sun that now it's swollen. Should I see a doctor about it?
It kinda scares me....

If i appeared naked on your bed what would you do?
im a girl weigh 120...

Would you want to live forever?
If you had the option of being able to live forever whether you still continue to age or remained the same?...

What is the purpose of eyebrows?

How can i stop smoking?

Is Milk really cows blood?
A nutritionist told my husband that milk was really cows blood. I told him no way but he insists that it is because of this class he took what do you think?...

Embarassing question. help?
well ....
i've been kinda gassy lately ... like farts. and they REALLY stink. like stink really bad! and i've pooped 3 times today, and once yesterday, and your supposed to poop once ...

What happens when you die?

I am drinking insane ammounts of everything recently, but im still thirsty no matter what. Anyone know why?
Normally i will drink about 30 ounces a day. Today, I have counted, ive consumed over 96 ounces and im still thirsty. Im not worried, but im tryin to figure out why this is happening.
A...

Do I have a drinking problem?
I don't get drunk everyday, but I need a drink just to have a good day. Everyday at lunch I have about 3 beers and I go back to work. Then I get home, take a shot of tequila, change my clothes, ...

Never smoked before, but I have a sudden urge to try it?
I thinks it maybe because my friends do it. I don't know. But I want to, so what will happen when I take my first puff? I heard that you cough really bad and I don't want to embarrass ...

Is it considered rape if the guy that likes you is 3 years older than you.?
my friends say that he really likes me but i dont know if we should be together. i am gonna see him next year in school but he is gonna be a senior and i am gonna be a sophmore. what is that ...

How can i get sick quick ?
i really need the day off of school, alot of things are going on in my life right now and i just need time off, some time to rest.
my parents dont fall for the faking sick, i need to actually BE ...

Do blood tests hurt?
well im getting one tomroow :(
and im very scared of needles
can someone also give me information?
like how long it lasts and stuff.

Cochy
What do you do if you're choking and you're alone?
I always wondered... it would be very scary.

emo
lean over the back of a chair between yor ribs and belly botton and push as hard as you can. should dislodge whatever is stuck in your throat...dont panic.

strangelittlegirls
you have to thrust you gut stomach agaisnt the back of a chair, or reach inside your mouth and scoop it out, try coughing and ramming yourself againt things , run outside and keep thrusting yourself agaist trees and try to get peopls attention lmao

ivegota?foru
find a chair and place the backrest part of it under you rib cage in your abdomen and give yourself the heimlich, basically...

matt w
call 911, get water and pour a bunch of salt in it(then drink it), get life alert, die, the usual

The Un-Cola
You perform the Heimlich maneuver on yourself.

lourdes r
i will go out of my door, open my mouth as wide and try to enhale air thru my wide open mouth, or ask the help of a neighbor if i cant do it alone.

Frank M
Rating
If you don't clear it in 4 to 5 min. You die

outlaw64
Rating
you force yourself to cough, it works

Andy
Rating
It is possible to give yourself the heimlech.

andrew
try to do the Heimlich to yourself with a chair

kayaliegh
Rating
use the back of the chair to do a thrusting motion. It is pretty much the same thing that would happen if someone else was there.

GuitarNoob1510181
Rating
You call 991... even though you can't probably talk they'll come.

BabyBoop29
U could die but there iz one way, u can have that life alert neckalace wen ever u r in danger but dats only 4 old ppl i think....

oracular spectacular
Rating
get behind a chair and thrust it upwards on your stomach are to try and dislodged the obstruction in your esophagus

i think

what?
you're supposed to give yourself the heimlich by pressing up against a table or the corner of the counter.

kate m
Rating
You can do the "heimlich maneouver" on yourself using a table.

Christine
It is possible to give yourself the Heimlich Maneuver by using a chair back.

Here's a link:

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/choking-rescue-procedure-heimlich-maneuver-choking-while-alone

Hello
First, don't panic! If there is a non pointed table, shove (extreme force) your stomach at it: like the procedure does if you have a person with you.

John
Heimlich Maneuver to yourself. You have to shove it out by raming your body into stuff.

a m o r e
Throw yourself to the closest table corner it will poke the area under your ribs and u might spit the thing out.

AlexTrebek
There is a procedure to perform the Heimlich maneuver on yourself. You should use the back of a chair or arm of a sofa to thrust into your diaphragm, thereby dislodging the item. You could check out Web MD for more details.

Patti
there is some way you can throw yourself across a chair (like a dining room/kitchen chair) and sort of do the heimlich on yourself

haven
Rating
Give yourself the Heimlich with the edge of the table. There are diagrams in almost every fast food restaurant that show you how!

babz
lean over the back of a kitchen chair-push UP and IN on your stomach as u do. HOPEFULLY, this will force the air that is in your stomach upward toward the object lodged in your airway, and force it up and out. IF 1st time doesn't work, obviously do it over and over until you disloge the object or pass out and die!! :(

hugs=happierperson
Rating
i just recently took a cpr class, if at all possible, find a chair or some kind of furniture that is close to you that has a rim like the top of a chair would and throw your stomache at the edge with a running start.

nursetips
you use the back of a chair or a sharp corner on a counter and do the himlich to yourself. I know someone who used the back of a chair and pull it up hard against his chest and it saved his life. They teach you those things in the military

butterfliesRfree
Rating
Throw yourself over a chair -- it happened to me ONCE......I was so afraid.....put - under your ribcage - over the back of a chair -- it does work. In the meantime, chew your food really well when you are alone.

jacquelyn s
Rating
try to find a chair around you or some sort of edge and thrust yourself on it. it gives the same effect of the heimlich maneuver. Thrust right inbetween the rib cage..where the fists would be in the heimlich. Then call 911 when you get it up.

Tjj9000
Jump on top of a chair back or thrust yourself into a table edge.

Dru
Rating
If you are alone and are choking it is important not to panic. Panicking, while understandable in such a scary situation, impairs judgment and can make it harder for you to help yourself in an emergency situation. If you are choking, but are still able to breathe or talk, your airway is not completely blocked. However, breathing may still be difficult, even if your airway is only partially blocked. If you are able to cough forcefully, continue to do so in an effort to expel the object. Remember do not panic. If you are able to cough or speak you are still getting enough air to breathe. If coughing fails to expel the object and you can speak, call for an ambulance immediately. If you cannot speak, but can still breathe, go outside and try to get the attention and help of a neighbor or passerby by clutching your throat with both hands. This position is known universally as a distress signal for choking.

If you cannot speak, cough forcefully, or breathe your airway is completely blocked. You may, in this situation, still be able to make sounds or cough weakly. This is a life-threatening emergency. You will need to give yourself the Heimlich maneuver.

To give yourself the Heimlich maneuver make a fist and place the thumb side of your fist against your abdomen, just above your navel and below your ribcage. Take hold of your fist with your other hand and deliver a quick inward and upward thrust into your abdomen. Repeat these thrusts until the object is dislodged.

Another option is to quickly locate a stable, hard object, such as the back of a chair, countertop, railing or sink. Lean over and thrust your abdomen forcefully enough into the hard surface to expel the object. You need to focus the pressure on your upper abdomen, below your ribcage, and just above your navel. Be very careful not to lean over anything with a sharp edge that may injure you. Repeat the abdominal thrust as often as is necessary.

It is possible to injure yourself while performing abdominal thrusts. Injuries such as broken ribs and bruising can be sustained. These injuries are minor when compared with the possibility of death from choking. Even if you believe you are not injured you should always see a doctor immediately after giving yourself the Heimlich maneuver.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy