Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Please answer?
okay im 13 havent had a growth spurt yet but i wear a size 11 in shoes my parents are short som where around 5 4 and 5 7 im as tall as that now is there any chance i could tall like 6 somthin oh ...

How do I explain my mother's leg amputation to my 5-year-old daughter?
My daughter is really smart, knows that grandma's leg has lots of trouble, but has no idea that she's having it amputated this week. How do I explain to her why it's no longer there ...

What should I eat if I'm sick?
I'm still having a little of a hard time keeping down my food. It's been about two days since I've really eaten anything, and I am a little hungry. (Besides I heard it helps you get ...

How long does it take for you to get to sleep?
I wanna know how long it takes yall to sleep?...

Is your gallbladder closer to the front or the back?
my friend is having pains and we think it might gallstones
Additional Details
we already checked for kidney ...

I shot crystal meth for days i did sleep 5 hours a night today i did some and i feel real bad short of b?
i know dont use but i did so dont say nothing if it aint to help!!
Additional Details
short of breath ,shaky,headache ,weak,...

My soap does not lather after it gets smaller. what do u do with these small soap chips? i can't trash them!

I'm thinking of suicide, i don't have any friends or relatives. I feel outcasted and abandon.?

Why does it hurt to poo sometimes?
you know what i mean. . . . . when it feels like there is daggers ripping your ...

What is it when you have a burning sensation in ur ***** when you pee?

What is this on my eyelid?
i have this tiny looking pimple thing on my upper eyelid and its been there for quiet awhile. its not where my eyelashes are, its where you put eyeshadow. what is it?...

Why do alot of BLEACHED blondes insist that they are NATURAL Blondes???
Even if they have brown or black roots when their hair grows out?????...

How long could someone go without going to the toliet before exploding?

Why, when the alarm goes off you could sleep and sleep, but when you don't have to get up, you wake early?

Is it true that you can tell how clean a person is by their bathroom?

What is the best and safest way to dispose of unused prescription medicine?

Anyone's children suffering from growing pains?
my 4 yr old daughter wakes in the night, complaing of pains in her shins, this happens about 2 hrs after she as gone to sleep. she is absolutely fine at all other times. i have spoken to the health ...

Do you find smoking repulsive?
i find it revolting why does everyone do it??? it gives u cancer!!! wtf??? why??????? it makes ur shirt smell!!! and it cost like 5 bucks a pack!...

Do you like the smell of your own farts?

Additional Details
ah ah !I love you ...

What's wrong with me???
Recently I've been going to the loo all the time, and drinking too. I'm tired and I can't concentrate at school. I thought to start with I was just being silly, but it's been ...

cody c
What are some good remedies for social anxiety, specifically in a high school environment?
I have social anxiety sometimes when im at school and it seems to be worsened by cold weather. but what are good ways to reduce or help that during the day when im at school.? thanks!

carrie_bazzett
Rating
antidepressants.

mrenigma1983
Meditation, Humming music, whistling, breathing exercises based on Yoga, actually you can do yoga anyplace even standing still. Study up on it. Martial arts after school will help build your confidence along with other sports and exercise.

james
Rating
excercise more

MELBA1220
The best thing to do is just take a deep breath and realize you're not alone! Lots of kids have this. You'd be surprised at how many. Having confidence in high school is hard! Just rely on your friends...you don't have to be all loud and social...just be *there*. The more you're around people, the easier it gets. I know it's hard...I've totally been there. But realize that you can go home and be safe and sane and alone, and recharge for the next time you have to be out in a social situation. Truly, the best thing is, keep at it. Don't let it beat you.

If it becomes a bigger problem, and you have anxiety and panic attacks, then see a doctor! There are drugs like Paxil that can definitely help, short or long term.

I'ma Shy Girl...
Rating
listen to your favorite movie

Thomas
I suggest you read Dr. David Burns' book, "When Panic Attacks: The New, Drug-Free Anxiety Therapy That Can Change Your Life." It's available from Amazon.com

Zealnu
Rating
Start easy like find one person who has the same interest like reading a book, photography and start talking to them about the subject . Don't try to talk to groups first that may take time. Or join some kind of club or try to watch how they react. Or see a counselor in your school who may help you be upfront what is your problem or see a Dr. Since you know what bother you you can learn how to over come it in a long run. I use to be shy but once I took photography every one wants me to take their pictures so they had to talk to me. You can find a hobby that interest you.
Good luck.

GoodQuestion
Why knit pick at yourself? Just relax and live positive...school, family time, friends, hobbies, reflection time, reading, a part-time job if old enough, etc.

Have you considered multi-vitamins for your age range and we all need exercise...not just teenaged people. Find an activity that you enjoy.

Why So Serious?
i have this same problem myself, try not to think about it too much, and try to talk to more people

d.paige!
Rating
You should always remember that if someone that you don't know doesn't like you, they probably think that you don't like them.

I read this in Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul.

Silver_q
Learn to relax and simple meditation techniques.

DYKO BYKO WAKO CRAKO
Rating
I had the same prooblem and I involved myself in some school groups/clubs that interested me and it really helped me and brought me out of that.

jillianne
Rating
first off you might want to see a doctor about that and see if medication is needed for such a thing.

secondly, find devices that help you cope, exercises, breathing techniques, or maybe some music that calms you. I have had anxeity problems for years and finally started taking meds about a year ago and they helped and then i have also gotten testing arrangements so that i dont have to test under time constraints.

dave w
Rating
Have you managed to identify the triggers for your anxiety, is it possible you can limit your exposure to these triggers or avoid the situation to try and prevent the problem occuring.

Not sure what sort of symptoms your suffering but a book, self help for nerves was very useful to me when dealing with bereavement stress some years ago, worth a browse in a local bookstore if symptoms are anything like panic attacks?

shakensunshine86
Rating
I would advise you to start small. Start by trying to be comfortable in a small group of close or familiar friends. It would also be helpful talking to your school counselor or psychologist about your problem.

Amber D
I know how you feel. Mostly, social anxiety is taken care of through a combination of therapy, and antidepressants. If it gets worse in the winter, then maybe you could also have what is called seasonal depression. If you talk to a therapist, then you should mention the seasonal part.

Mystikdancer
Rating
I get that all the time. I usually have a 'security group'. A close group of friends that I hang around with and can blend in with. I'm still looking for the right group, though, so I have a constant source of 'retreat' I can go to.
Uusally it's a book or my MP3, something you can 'zone out' with. You also might want to just forget about worrything thigs and just go with it, unless it's dangerous, of course.

frank
You mean shyness. I faced my fears and was on the debate team for 2 years. Spoke in church and tried out for plays. Now you can't shut me up.

I came up with a saying Surf the Pain

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy