Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why do we all need to sleep? To take rest?
Why? Perhaps it's kinda odd, but wouldn't it be much better for our civilization if human-being does not need to sleep? At least, we'll gain more more progress and development right ...

What should I buy with me pension this week?
tinned spam or moth balls?...

How can i stop a roommate from snoring?
I could not sleep at ...

I tried heroin six days ago, took a urine test today, will I be pass?
So six days ago I tried out heroin. I know there's a lot of information available on and off the internet, but my anxiety brought me to just flat out ask my own question. The urine test isn'...

What is the most interesting thing ever to happen to you while in a hospital?

Additional Details
wow.. these are great... Im going to have to let the people vote for this best answer. this is a tough one....

Can you cry under water?

What do you think about nursing? and what is your job?

Do you have smelly feet?
a little, medium, a lot, nothing.
Be ...

OMG!!!!!! What happens if you swallow an apple seed?!?
Oh My Gosh!!!
i was eating an apple and i swallowed a seed by accident!
does anybody knows what happens when an apple seed or something that can not be digested, like a button, is swallowed?...

Can puffing ciggrettes, without inhaling, cause issues?
i smoke with friends but do not inhale. My throat is paining after smoking and also a pea size spot on inside tongue is reddish and hurts.

What can it be?...

Can drinking ample amount of water can really hurt your body?
Like your cells or blood....

When's the last time you had an alcohol related injury?

Why do some people have such bad breath?
There are a couple of ppl I know who's bad breath is noticeable from across the room.
Also can a person w/such bad breath be aware they have it?...

Is yes or no? to eat carrot 4 eye sight.?

Why do we smoke when we know it's harmful?
i smoke about 10 cigarretes a day and if i dont i dont get any shaking or any other symptoms. i just enjoy it. and its not just me many ppl r like that...why cant we just stop?...

I'm sick. How am I going to make it through work tonight?
My throat is KILLING me and I think I might have a low grade fever. But my employer has no tolerance for calling in sick. I have to go. Any survival suggestions? (I have to stand the entire time)
<...

I,ve been told that drinking your own urine can be benificial,is this true?how do you go about it?

Ok, this is gross but?
when i poop, i dont use toilet paper really, i just get in the shower to clean it off, does this pose any dangers?...

Why do people not notice their own BO (body odour)???
I posted a question a couple of weeks ago about my colleague who has a really bad BO problem. Unfortunately I did not have the guts to tell him to his face, and my boss does not want to deal with it. ...

What is wrong with me do i need to see a doctor?
I woke up this morning with a really bad stomach ache and i cant eat anything becuase my stomach hurts sooo bad!! and i keep going to the restroom ALOT!! i cant even hold it in anymore..also when i ...

photoguy1967
What's the best cough and cold medicine for a 5 year old kid?
Looking for the best all around medicine for kids 5 and under.

lee
Rating
I find the advil flu and cold works also Motrin cold fomula.

minnie
try Motrin...its the best!

Coolchik13
Rating
BUCKLEY"S NO LIE TRY IT

brooke_558
I have a 7 year old and a 3 year old. After checking with my local pharmasist, I use Triaminic for both of them. They have several different formulas so you can get the best one for the symptoms they have...and not the symptoms they don't have. Plus, it doesn't have a fever reducer/pain relever in it. I feel like they get what they need without over-medicating.

Anthony S
Rating
it doesn't matter what anyone else says it would be Motrin.

Jennifer
please try tylenol flavors, chewable cough and cold. i still use it and i am 18.

tone
Rating
Dimetapp

Who me?
Rating
tylenol

ericnvannasmomma
Rating
they are pulling most cold medicines my advice would be to use cool mist humiderfiere and vicks vapor rub in outlet(the plug in kind) and also make her drink plenty of juices and water and be sure to take vitamins daily

robwale76
Rating
calpol, is best for the feeling ill part. for the cough, light cough steets, but read the pack first.
it worked for my 2.

CJ
well the best one is the vita-one syrup for kids 5~~~~ under you should try it out p.s. it can be very hard to get it but look every were

xx Call me Lolo xx
hmm im not too sure

uhh its like a purple bottle..its liquid and it tastes like "grape" [[no it doesnt]] lol...

so idk

go to CVS

HEA
Rating
go to a doctor

gm
I don't have children but someone once told me that children robotusin (?) worked really really well.. I guess you could check on epinions.com or something...

soccermom
Rating
They recalled most cough medicines.
they have never been proven to work anyway.
try chicken soup and plenty of fluids and vicks rub.
humidifiers/vaporizers work well

Steve
Rating
Vicks Vapor Rub on the chest, back, and bottom of feet (with socks over them). Better than any cough medicine.

Lili
I'd say a tablespoon of honey dissolved in warm water... it'll coat their throat and it tastes sweet too.

Ladyebony07
no over the counter drugs. take him or her to the doctor. ive recently had to do a report on over the counter kiddy drugs and you wont believe what i found out.

Amers
I don't recommend any medicine that is what the immune system is for! If the kid has a stuffy nose then get a humidifier and have the kid drink lots of fluids with plenty of rest. Besides there have been a bunch of cold medicines recalled you should look into that.

mbz
Rating
Robitussin DM. However most couch meds don't help that much. My son has had a cough for 3 weeks now. The doctor said he has a sinus infection. He got antibiotics. Which are helping. If the cough lasts most than a couple weeks take to Dr. Maybe he can perscribe something. Otherwise I'd try Robitussin DM. Look for med. that's only for coughs. It helps better then the multi symptom formula.. Also, all the meds usually have the same ingredients. So look on the back at the active ingredients, because usually they all have the same ingredients but one may have a higher % ingredient (say the one for cough suppresent)then the other. Most are same just differnt brand name. Also the pharmacist may know the best option for you. Good luck.

Peace, Love and Orange Fanta
The thing my mom used with us that is natural, awesome and totally works is lots of water, vitamin C and garlic. However you can get it in them. They have pills or you can cook with it. Garlic naturally kind of burns out infections and I was never sick a time when that didn't help. The pills are less effective than fresh but however you have to do it.

the girl next door
Rating
I wouldn't give them any cough medicine. There is a certain drug in there that makes one addicted. I believe it is Meths.

Instead use VIC Vapurup. It's the best. You rub it on your the chest and back. It even gets rid of fever.

♫♪♫♪Music♥Love♫♪♫♪
well.
im not 5.
but when i had a cold/cough took waltussin and sumtimes robotusin [sorry idk how to spell it] every day 2 times a day [morning and night] and in a few days, i was perfectly fine..

alsoo
put vicks vapor rub on them. like before they go to bed, put it on their chest and their forehead. and on their nose. [on.. not in] and it'll realy clear their nose, they wont get headaches from the cold they have and putting it on their chest will relieve the cough!

but just to be super safe
before you buy ANY medicine, check with a doctor.. some medicines aren't okay for small children..

hope i helped!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy