Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

What way would you like to die?

Are black widow spider bites fatal?
I was gone for the summer and came back to a few in the house and quite a few around the house! Yikes!...

What is worse, tobbacco or marijuana?
Please relate with these 2 vague categories:
1. Harm
2. Dependency (how addicting it is)

For this reason, if something is a little more harmful, but a lot less addicting, then ...

Addiction to Cigarettes?
I am 13 turning 14 and i had about 4 cigarettes and i think I'm adddicted. I think that because i want more and more. I smoke when i have the chance.. but when i dont have the chance i want one, ...

My teeth laugh at me?
This might seem like a strange question, but it's been bugging me for months now.

Well you know how someones teeth can be sensitive? like sensitive to hot or cold, or whatever? well ...

Can listening to loud music through earphones eventually kill your ear cells and make u deaf?Does it happen?
I can't help it,when I listen to music through ear phones I put full volume.Recently I've been hearing this weird 'tiiiiiii' sound in my ears.Are my ear cells dying?Should I stop?I...

What's the weirdest place you have ever fallen asleep?
I can go to sleep anywhere at anytime... I just use a self-hypnosis/relaxation technique and I am gone! But what's the strangest place you have actually slept in?...

Should junk food be allowed in schools????
What is your opinion? Please nothing rude or inappropriate, thanks....

Is this kid being abused?
i was walking my dog, and while i was going past a certain house i could hear screaming and arguing (i'm guessing it was the parents) then a little boy about 4 or 5 came running out to pet my ...

Why do nicotine patches make me feel sick?
trying to give up but the patches making me nauseous. any ...

Do Contacts Hurt?
I can't imagine sticking something in my eye.Do they hurt ,and do they feel better later?What's the best kind?Thank you....

Are people with headaches considered to be very happy people?

What pant size do you consider skinny?
4? 14? what's your opinion?...

How can I stop biting my nails?

Can you drink windshield washer fluid?

Additional Details
Lol ok i wont drink it, i saw a discovery channel tv movie about a volcnoe and they ran out of clean water so they started drinking windshield fluid and of course i ...

Does anyone know info on the choking game?
i need to know the effects it has on the ...

If the hymen is not broken then the Girl is a Virgin ?

How can I get rid of my acney?
I use stridex and soap stuff for acney, yet, it seems like it doesn't do anything. I just get more zits!
Additional Details
Ya it's spelled acne, don't have to make a big ...

Do you smoke? And would you like to STOP?

Is it true that you get a poorer quality of sleep if you go to sleep after midnight?
I have heard that you get less 'good' sleep if you go to bed after midnight than if you do before. I find I am often still trying to sleep at 2 or 3am even on a work day, although I do ...

Miss Applebottom
Weird question about a spider bite and it laying eggs.?
This lady I know was telling me today that her mother had been bitten by a spider on her forehead and she didn't know it. She thought she just had a pimple. It kept getting bigger and she thought it was a boil so she went to the doctor to get it removed. When they froze it and went to cut it open a whole bunch of baby spiders supposedly came out. The doctor told her that she had been bit by a spider and it had laid eggs under her skin. Is that really possible or is this lady just trying to mess with me because I'm terrified of spiders?

KELLY S
Rating
Spiders do not lay eggs under people's skin. She is trying to get under your skin.

Samantha
Rating
that is bull, it is not possible!

Dr. Atrocity
Rating
They were just messing with you. It's an urban legend, actually. You can take a peek at the link below and sleep easy.

Shelly C
Sounds like she's trying to mess with you with urban myth. If stuff like that really happened we'd be grossing each other out all the time with (credible) news reports on it.

Michael O
Rating
The only case i've heard of something laying something under skin is the Bot fly of South America. It lays its eggs on the underside of normal flys. Once the fly comes in contact with warm flesh (human, cow, etc..), the eggs hatch and the larva burrow their way under the skin. Nasty stuff!

butterfly
Rating
I have never herd of this. But a friend of mine had a spider burrow itself into her back

Cassie P
It's an urban legend. That's all. They're just messing with you.

Kate C
Rating
Oldest urban myth in the book!!! Check out snopes.com for full details and search for your spider myth.

catsplayyy
Rating
It's sadly possible. I saw on a medical channel once the same thing. It happened to an older lady and whatever she was bit eby left a larva to grow and form the lump. They covered the lump/sore with plastic wrap or a sheet of surgical tape to suffocate it. She went back after 2 days and they pulled out a rather large larvae. It was Gross as hell!!

J.D.
Rating
That's a first... normally a spider bite just destroys flesh.
Left untreated long enough can cause very unsightly sores requiring surgery to repair the damage.

Azul
i dont think its possible ..never heard anything like that .. i can hold spiders on my palm ..they dont bite , the only house hold spider that bites is black one with round backside

patclem2
Rating
You know you hear all kinds of strange things, so I guess it is possible. My mother went to the doctor once because she had a bump on the inside of her thigh. When they cut it open it had a flea in it. The doctor said it just embedded itself in there. She doesn't even know where she would have gotten a flea. She doesn't own any pets.

Bill
Urban Legend

http://www.warphead.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=205

brownie
Rating
I am also terrified of spiders, however the story you heard was just crap. i have done some searching on different kinds of spiders and there is only one species that will lay eggs in the flesh of people and that is in the third world country's and only on the dead.

Pumpkin Head
Sounds like BS.

dhills23
Rating
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blbugs.htm

According to this link, it is just an urban legend. Hope that helps.

scgleason74
Rating
I think she's just messing with you. I've seen and had a lot of spider bites and its venom introduced that causes a reaction. Swelling, pain, fever at site. Never laying eggs that I know of.

razorbackgirl95
she is just messing with you !! some bugs do lay eggs under the skin but not spiders!!! if you ever in doubt on somthing someone told you go to snopes.com they have thousands of urban legends and tell u if its true or false and where it originated from!!! its a pretty cool website!!! check it out!

brett_day2002
Rating
possible i guess. i had a friend who went to jamaica and he fell aslep on the beach and he went back home after vacation and he had a lump that kept on growing under his ear, and they cut it open and a bunch of baby bugs came out....

CARLA J
Rating
It's possible...it's possible...(Foghorn Leghorn's voice)

Linda
Rating
That is an old urban legend. Your friend is just trying to scare you.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/spiderbt.htm

P C
Rating
http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/spidermyth/myths/skineggs.html

"Myth: Spiders can lay their eggs under human skin in wounds created by their bites.

Fact: In a surprisingly widespread urban legend, a nameless woman is bitten by a spider (usually on her cheek) while on vacation. She later develops a swelling, from which, in due course, baby spiders emerge! Somehow or other, the venom must have transformed into eggs. Spiders, need I say, do not find the human body a suitable site for egglaying, and no actual case anything like this can be found anywhere in scientific or medical literature."

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy