Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

What is with everyone being ill lately?
me and anyone i talk to is ill lately with colds, flu or a stomach bug thats doing the rounds. Are there more virus about or is it just bad luck this year?...

How hot is too hot for you? (in Fahrenheit degrees)?

Do boys have problems like us?
LIKE DO THEY LEEK? and other ...

Why do I always have to pee during the night?
My last drink for the day is at least 6 hours before bed. Yet I still have to go, why can't it come out quicker?? All I drink is water, so it should easily passed, no??
Additional Details

What is the difference between alcohol and drugs?
What is the difference between alcohol’s effect and drugs’ effect? Are they the same? If not, which one is worse and why?...

I get dizzy and i sometimes pass out. do i have an illness?

Smoking weed, is it bad to do it only once?
ive been with friends many many times, my sister, brother, cousins, even my step mom! when they are smoking pot, but i never do it myself. ive gotten a little high off it considering the smoke n all, ...

Can you really worry yourself sick?

Additional Details
What are the symptoms?...

Women only, what do you think about short men...?
I am 5'7" and i know I am short, do you think different about a man if he's shorter?...

Are farts ghosts of the food we eat?
maybe the food we eat also has the spirit inside, so when we fart, are this actually ghosts going out but instead of visual appearance, they make a smelly appearance?...

What is your cure for the hiccups?

Which colors better pink or black?

After i eat pinapple theres a wierd burning sensation on my tonguedat lasts bout 20 mins could i be allergic?
It is mainly on the side of my tongue, and feels really wierd, no other symptons accur after i eat it and i dont feel it when i eat any other foods!!...

Would you call Childrens Services on your friend?
I have a friend that has bedbugs and won't do anything to rid her house and her kids of em. I won't go in her house, I stay outside and when her kids come out, they are bit up. It's ...

Can I get sick if this happens.?
I opened the window and I was in a tank top and this really cold wind came at me and I was freezing. Could I get sick for that happening?...

Horrible cramps in my calf. Relief ideas?
It's actually for my wife. She's not on her feet too much but her calfs have been really bothering her for the past few weeks and we're not having success finding any relief. Ideas?...

What stretches can make me taller?
i would like to know what can make me grow an inch or 2 by ...

I have my nose pierced...read on?
and now it is really infected...there is a huge red bump on the piercing which looks really bad...I took out the stud which only made it more noticeable but now it is unable to go back in...Any ...

Do you smoke?
In short, my mother is dying from lung cancer, now spreading to other parts of her body. She is a shadow of her former self-having lost nearly 50 pounds in 3 months time. She can barely breathe, ...

My brother farts while laughing.....?
he say it is normal as laughing release gas, it just that his can be heard while most are silent......is this TRUE?!?!??...

jackass
My wife has Green eyes, I have Blue, is it genetically possible for our soon to be child to have brown eyes?
Or any other color for that matter, from what I understood, since we both have a recessive gene for eye color, that it would be impossible for any of our children to have darker color eyes. However, I could also be completely wrong.
Additional Details
ack ok, to the idiots who read this question.... I'm not debating on if the child is mine! We were simply talking about the eye color we think the baby will have and realized we were taught two different things, so I thought I'd ask all of you! I don't need a paternity test and she doesn't have a boyfriend.....idiots.

teeree5
Rating
It is possible! I have green and my husband has blue eyes. His parents have blue and hazel eyes. My parents have blue and brown eyes. My three sons were born with blue eyes wich turned green and Both my daughters were born with Brown eyes.
they both look like my fathers side of the family. My father was the one with brown eyes.

missy
Rating
Yes.
My mother and father have brown eyes. I got hazel(brown/green) eyes and my sister got hazel (green/blue)... These colors came from my grandparents. Your child may get eye colors from a grandparent or great grand parent.

Stratomanssy
Rating
based on my school studies, ur child can NOT have brown eyes.. like u said.. brown is dominant.. so, if any of u had brown genes, then they would have, like, prevailed over the green and blue ones, cause green and blue are recessive

lustfulfaerie
Rating
Not according to my first your genetics proff, cause Brown is the dominant colour and if either of you had the gene for it it would be prevalent in you, but you both have the recessive colour gene.

Sara
I have green-blue eyes and my husband has blue eyes, but our son has dark blue eyes, so it's okay. But the parents of a girl that i know (neighbours) have brown eyes, but their girl has blue eyes, she has the same color as her grandmother.

Jennifer F
Rating
If the grandparents eyes are of a different color then yes, it's completely possible. My husband and I both have hazel eyes and our daughter has blue eyes like my mother. Genetics are a funny thing, so don't be alarmed if the baby is born with an eye color neither of you have.

Bodie
Yes, it is possible for a child to not have the eye color of his/her parents. Genes from past relatives can be carried down to another generation. Say a father had hazel eyes. Five generations later a child has the same hazel eyes, yet the child's parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc had a different eye color. These type of genes are still active in the DNA, but it may not be used until it is passed down to a child. It may help to know that brown eyes are dominant.

Gossamer Moondancer
it is genetically impossible.

fresh princess
if wither of your parents or grandparents had brown eyes its likely

zippythejessi
Rating
It's entirely possible - IF both of you carry the gene. Which, more than likely, you do, since brown eyes are the dominant gene and blue and I think green are the recessive ones. (Meaning, both of your parents had to carry the blue eyed gene for you to have blue eyes.)

B.J.
Rating
I believe if you have the gene for darker eyes like a parent, grandparent, great-grandparent, or great-great-grandparent and anyone one of those grandparents that it is possible to get darker eye colors even though both partners have light color eyes. It's just digging in the deep gene pool. But yes it is possible in my opinion.

Lita
Rating
If your parents or her parents have brown (or any other color) eyes, you may have a baby with that color. Eye color gene skips one generation, so it depends on your parents.

Mr. Hendricks
it is possible if your parents had a different color of eyes than you.

dj
Rating
get a paternity test it will answer all your questions.

Jet
Rating
What if she has a boyfriend?

Nostradamus
Rating
Yes it is possible if one of either of your parents has brown eyes. Because neither of you have brown eyes, and if one of either of your parents do then you still have the gene for brown eyes, however it is recessive.

hawndawg
eye color is the most complicated factor in predicting what you will get. anything can happen and they are not sure why. there is only one color and all colors are really shades of that color.( same pigment) this is true

GroovySmurf
Rating
There is a WONDERFUL site that you can input both parents eye colors (and their parents) and it will tell you the percentages of what you offsprings eyes could be!

http://www.thetech.org/genetics/

Down near the bottom left it will have the link for you to launch the application to do the test.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy