Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

I drank coffe at 9:00. Big mistake. Any tips on how to fall asleep now?
Drank the coffe 4 hours ago and now I can't sleep......

Why can't I cry?
I've been going to counsiling because of of my abusive past but I can't cry about it. I've cried by myself. And not only that, but I had to say goodbye to alot of my friends today and I...

Why is my poo sometimes green?

Is it OK to be what I am?
A lot of my mates in their spare time go to disco clubs where they drink beer and so on. I dislike it, and I prefer spending my time in chess club over it. I have never been to a disco club, and I ...

5 ways to prevent addiction from marijuana?
websites are helpful
Additional Details
this is a classroom assignment and i could only think of 2 ...

Moms out there can you help please?
I have a 21 month old daughter, for the past 3 days all she wants to do is eat and sleep. When she gets up she plays for maybe a half an hour then back to sleep. No fever or obvious cause, appitite ...

I'm only 5'4 and im 18?
What is this? I'm the next heir to the family and I'm only going to grow to 5'5 (doctor said). My whole life I was told that i am a late bloomer and ill be 5'10-6'. Now it ...

What do you call the 'stuff' in the corners of your eyes in a morning?
I call them eye ...

If your belly button smells like cheese whats wrong with you?
My little sister's belly button smells like cheese..whenever she cleans it the q-tip smells like cheese..is there something wrong with her?...

Does it make u mad?
to know I'm high on oxycotin and your not?...

Has anyone got a crap doctor like me?
Mine seems to be physic and diagnoses me on the phone?also 3 weeks for an appointment about ear pain that ihave had for 18 months and he recomends neurofen?Real waste of time dont bother going ...

Does red bull make your heart pump faster?
Just wondering because I had my first red bull last night and this guy felt my pulse and was like "oh your nervous" and I wasn't so I was wondering if that could be the reason?...

Should i try weed?
my "friend" says it doesnt affect my body, not addicting, he says food tastes soo good after you smoke, it messes with your head for only an hour then your back to normal, and says that i ...

Bad Breath?
What are some tips for this.
I brush my teeth, often and a chew gum but i still have the problem.
Any advice?...

Give me an easy home remedy for Kidney Stones?

Do I have alcohol poisoning????
I had lots of alcohol on tuesday and I feel really shitty still and I think it might be alcohol poisoning, I have been really shaky, sick to my stomach ( but not throwing up cuz I have a really tough ...

How can i stay up later, like 3 am?
i always fall asleep even when i drink 4 ...

Whats wrong with piercing you belly button yourself????
Im 14 and i want to piece my belly button myself. And im homeschooled and most of my friends are all kinda older then me and like to be "responsiable" and they really dont like the idea. W...

Do I have cancer?
I've been smoking since I was 13 now i am 21 and once in awhile my loungs start to bleed hardly.from troat comes out a lots of blood.and I can't breath.is this cancer?...

What is your favorite color?
sorry about the category but its the only one i could find. this quiestion really doesnt belong to any category....

I_LUV_MY_HUBBY!!
Is using Clorox on your hands bad?
Ive heard that it can cause chemical burns on even cancer!!
Additional Details
blue sea- dont act like im a dumb *** , im not the one who does this I have a friend (with ocd) and she does this i was trying to come up with some info to give to her about it

REnate
Rating
Depends on the amount of dilution with the clorox. If you put your hands in pure bleach it's bad but in a solution with a high water content it is not bad.

caffsans
Rating
it can cause your hands to get rough and sore

NYinFL
Yes, it's terrible for you. My sister was dumb enough to use it on her feet once (she had done gardening for about a week in bare feet and had terrible grass stains on her feet that wouldn't come off) and her feet cracked so bad that it took medicine from her doctor and about a month for her feet to heal.

glass_cut_r
YES!!! It can cause burns. As for cancer, I don't think so.

Sophie
You always need to dilute bleach whenever you use it. It can also burn your throat if you don't have ventilation when you use it.

B.A. Baracus
Keep bleach away from skin, eyes, orifices. It will be bad news for all three. Use latex gloves if you have to work with bleach regularly.

BlueSea
Rating
Bad? Why no, not if you enjoy the outerlayer of skin peeling off.

Wow. Sometimes I come on here and just shake my head in wonder.

Proud Nana
Rating
Don't use clorox on your hands. When using clorox to clean you should wear gloves. Don't ever ever mix clorox with ammonia or any other kind of cleanser. Very Very dangerous.

aspergerskitty
Rating
Yes, it is bad to put it on your skin.

--------- -
yes...
especially due to exposure...
it has chemicals on it that are not suitable to our skin..
and causes side effects too..
such as cancer...

x
Rating
The chlorine in chlorox is only 4% so there will be no "chemical burn"...(unless you rub your eyes with it, afterwards, with out washing it first with soap and water!).

But, the chlorox "will" dry your skin out, and you will have your hands peeling, (it may even take some color out of your hands as it bleaches and the skin sloughs off).

Once in a while, like your preparing foods and things like that, to run some clorox over them isnt bad, but, I wouldnt make a habit out of it...

In fact, if your preparing chicken and using a cutting board, rinsing it with chlorox would be a good thing, or even hydrogen peroxide to kill all salmonella bacteria.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Nurse Answer Mama
Rating
That is true. Just use soap to clean your hands. The friction does more than anything.

Linh Thi
Rating
Yes it's bad!

Clown Knows
Well.. repeated exposure is not a good thing. We may never know which chemicals in our environment are causing the increased rates in cancer and other illness.

REBECKA
Oh yeah it will hurt like heck, like a bad burn, and for days. Cancer? haven't heard that one but wouldn't surprise me everything causes cancer it seems.

ladybug
I don't think it's good
Try using hand sanitizer instead

calbee
Rating
its bad I don't know about all that. When using any household chemical you should use gloves........even if it smells good! Bleach drys the skin out and I am sure its not good to put it straight on your hands

CYP450
Yes it does cause chemical burns and the cell changes can cause cancer.

Teri
Very bad indeed and penetrates the skin almost instantly! There is absolutely no good excuse for ever needing to do so! The only thing I ever get from "Wal-Mart" stores is the $4.00 gloves that they sell with "cotton" on the inside layer and use them whenever! I just can't find those gloves anywhere else and since I was told that they have them... I am under the sad obligation to shop there for that purpose only as I'd rather pay a buck or two more for local merchants to make a buck and keep the economy rolling than give it to them to get the monopoly on everyone and every thing.
If you are afraid of having touched it too much for one reason or another, I would suggest taking pure aloe vera at the rate of 2 tbs. a day for a while. That's all... Remember that aloe vera is a natural plant as good for you skin as it is for the inner body! It's even in the Bible which is the only book on earth which claims divine inspiration!

Rating
Yes, bleach is caustic, and can damage skin fast.

Lisa
Rating
Yup. I permanently ruined my skin because of cleaning with bleach without using gloves. Now I only use gloves. My skin broke down and still hasn't healed well. I've used steriod creams and all kinds of things, and it took years for my palms to heal. When I get stressed, my hand "breaks out" again (the skin breaks down and oozes). It's kind of healed now, but it's rougher than the rest of my hand.
Cancer? Yeah, I'll let you know in a few years. I've heard that too. It's not a risk you want to take, though!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy