Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

This is NOT a joke... I accidentally snorted cinnamon up my nose, will that hurt me?
ha-ha-ha Yeah, get your laughs out now. I'm dead serious though. I was eating toast with butter and cinnamon on it, and I accidentally took a breath in while I was eating it, and apparently ...

Why do I get a headache whenever I wear glasses?
I usually wear contacts everyday, but on the weekends I wear glasses. But everytime I wear my glasses, I get a headache. Why is that?
Additional Details
The prescription is up to date . I...

How long does marijuana stay in your system?
I might be trying to et a job in a month or two and i want to know if the drug tests you are required to take can detect if you smoked marijuana??If i smoked just yesterday how long does it take ...

What heppens if you keep your anger inside you?
if you get really mad a bout something or your just in a really bad mood is it better to express your anger and risk your reputation and/ or friendship? wilol it come back to haunt you later if you ...

How to fake sick???
i need things that actually work. and i need them today.

thanks.

positive answers only or i will report you.

I need to fake a FEVER!!!

THESE THINGS NEED ...

Why can't we hear ourselves snore?
I've heard that hearing is one of the senses that is still doing its "job" while we our off in dreamland. So why is that we can't even hear a sound our own body makes when we are ...

How much sleep do you need every night?
I need at least eight hours. Any less, I can barely string a sentence together and I turn into the ***** from hell! About nine hours a night suits me well....

What to eat while recovering from wisdom teeth extraction ?
I got all 4 cut out of my gums on Thursday. and since then i've been eating yogurt and drinking milk and water. i'm starting to get stomach aches from all that yogurt , what else can i eat ...

Im 16 and i want to get my navel/belly button pierced but my mum won't let me should i got behind her back?
I want to know should i go behind my mum's back and get it done anyway?...

Child Vomiting nonstop for 8 days.What else can I do?
My daughter started having stomach problems about 2 months ago. She would throw up about 1-2 times a week. Went to the doctor she gave antacids. Last Monday night she stared vomiting and has not ...

Why do men use the kitchen sink instead of the bathroom sink to clean their mouth or wash their hand?

I think my hymen fell out...how to I put it back in without hurting myself?

Additional Details
OOPS..stop the presses...It's not my hymen(I thought guys had hymens too)....It's the wad of bubble gum I swallowed last week....

Why am i deformed of the face?
ie lots of people lots of people have called me ugly ...

Do you think it's lame if a guy does card tricks for his date (on the 1st date)?

My sis is 16 and she is starting to lie and experiment with drugs and alchol wat can i do about it?
she also ditches schoolto go do this with her friends. did any of you have to deal with this befor if so please help me. me and my famly dont know wat to do any more....

Please help, dont know what this could be, starting to get really annoying.?
i have had like this huge headache in the lower back part of my head or so for the last 2 days hasnt gone away, i havent been catching up on my sleep so i figured it was lack of sleep so last night i ...

Quit smoking?

I know of the many bad things that obesity brings on. But are there any positive things about being obese?

Why am I not fat?
I drink 3 20 oz bottles of coke
stop at Checkers or McDonalds and get fries every day I eat pizza for lunch 3 times a week
I do no exercising at all. I have a job where I sit all day A...

If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours......?
still had your health etc...How would you spend your last day?...

Angie
Is it safe to put hydrogen peroxide in your ears?

Additional Details
not for ear wax - to prevent the common cold

dagblastit
Yes, but you should mix it 50/50 with water. I'm guessing you want to use it to break down ear wax as that's what hospitals use to do it.

Tha' Brotha
Rating
don't know but I know to drop beer in my mouth its very very safe......it is!

messijessi
Rating
I usually mix half rubbing acohol and half hydrogen peroxide together and use this-- it will dry out faster and better.It works good for swimmers ear- I guess it doesn't hurt- I do it all the time.

da_hammerhead
Rating
Yes. That's what my parents did for my ear aches.

Scadle
Rating
Yes but "Over the counter wax removal systems use irrigation with a solution containing hydrogen peroxide or a similar chemical, carbamyl peroxide. This can be effective, although hard wax and complete blockages often require more aggressive treatment (by a doctor!) Also, bear in mind that you run the risk of converting a partial blockage into a complete blockage by using peroxide, because the liquid can get trapped between the wax and the ear drum. This is true for any home remedy ."

AuroraBorealis
I know that when i was younger, i used to get swimmers ear from being in the pool so long. My mom would take an eye dropper and drop in 3 or 4 drops of peroxide and water in my ear while i layed on my side (it would fizz and bubble)....a couple minutes later, tip your head and get the rest out.....qtip to dry

i don't know if that's why you want to put it in your ear, but who knows.

shylilly_665
yes just put it on a q-tip and let it drop in the ear it is safe straight out of the bottle

use it all the time
even on kids mine get ear infections and doct said use it and it works

stanleys_2001
Rating
Yes it is.

justanotherengine
Rating
a little on a q-tip is ok, it's ingesting peroxide (H2O2), thats really dangerous

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
I've done it for years and it's safe as far as I know.

Just Gone
my mom did it to us, i do it to my kids. None of us is deaf.

n_of49p
Rating
Hydrogen Peroxide bonds with blood and dead cells and dissolves them. The problem with putting it in your ears is that the gunky stuff in your ears protects you from infection, by forming a barrier that keeps out germs. You can get very clean ears with peroxide, but you will be more vulnerable to ear infections.

greggsbabe
Rating
Yes, I do this almost everyday for years no problems.

sshannon81
I wouldnt.Just get some Qtips and call it a day

Spanky
Rating
yes. it is a good preventative for swimmer's ear

Melissa F
I don't know if it's safe or not, but I've done it and it didn't seem to hurt me.

bkwrm1982
Rating
yes it helps to bubble out the wax but you want to make you sure you let it drain back out

Jessica
Rating
I have always put hydrogen peroxide in my ears and it has never harmed me in any way. So I wouldn't think it would hurt you. I grew up hearing the saying of putting hydrogen peroxide in your ears. I've seen it done to adults and kids. They didn't have a problem.

ami
Rating
i've done it..hasn't caused me any harm

Adam C
Rating
why wouldn't be I put everything else in there

Alysia
I was told it does when i went to the ER.. they say to do that instead of using a cue tip... all that does is push the ear wax in further.

nurseTINA
Rating
You can use 1/2 hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 water drops in your ears to soften wax. I would never use straight peroxide as it damages good skin cells as well as bad ones.

tre_loc_dogg2000
Rating
I put hydrogen peroxide in my ears all the time growing up, but that was if I had an earache. As far as I know it didn't cause any permanent damage.

Mark S
Rating
Yes, in fact it's what most doctors use when patients go in to get their ears cleaned out. But what they do is mix warm water and peroxide and it gets squirted in your ear with a machine that uses pressure.

At home, what you do is get a cap full of peroxide mixed with water, dip a cotton ball into it and then squeeze about five drops into your ear and wait a few minutes; you'll hear the peroxide popping and cleaning away the wax. Do it again if you feel your ear isn't completely clean. You'll feel an immediate difference.

Eric
Rating
Yes, unless there's a hole in your eardrum.
But whether or not it will be helpful depends on what you're trying to treat (works OK for removing wax, not so good for swimmer's ear...)

floyd_hendrix_zeppelin
Rating
Maybe.

executioner_bolan
Rating
It`s idiotic is what it is.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy