Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is this rumor? supposably your blood is blue till it hits oxygen then it turns red?

Additional Details
thanks for the ...

How do I get marijuana off my system because Im going to get drug tested in two weeks?

What Causes Hiccups?
What causes hiccups? and what are your best tips for getting rid of them?...

How do you disinfect a needle ??????????????????
if i want to disinfect a needle is cause i want to put a lip piercing and i want to know waht to do and one more thing at the body where are the spot for you getting horny???...

How many hours sleep is ideal?
I am female and 20 years old. What is the ideal amount of hours sleep for me?...

Why do we close our eyes when we sneeze?!?

How do you get rid of hiccups fast?!!?
I keep getting hiccups from laughing or drinking to fast! Does anyone know a fast and easy way to get rid of hiccups without standing on your head and making a BIG scene!?
Thanks for your help!...

How long are your showers?

How do I help my daughter turn straight?

What is the best way to detox your body of toxins and worms?

How do I relieve constipation?
I have been getting severe back pain when I've been constipated the last few times. Is it because of too much pizza or stuff? How do I relieve the constipation without ex-lax or that ...

Why am i drinking sooo much milk??
Recently I've started to have this crave for milk : S

Any reasons for it?...

Is it possible to have a kid with 1 nut?

What can i do/eat/drink to help me fall asleep?
used to smoke ganja EVERY night because i couldnt fall asleep if i wasnt high. (dont judge.) ive grown up a bit and now that im not smokin as much, is there anything i can do to help me fall asleep ...

How much water should a regular person drink everyday?
I took a test yesterday it turned out that i dont drink water too much
infact. last time i recall was 3 or 4 weeks ago that i drink water since the wether is cold ..my pee went from white to ...

How did you stop smoking cigarettes?
How long till the cravings go away?...

Why does my deodorant fall off?
The past couple days, and some days in the past, my I find that I have white things all over my pants, which would be from my deodorant. This has happened to me with both roll on and spray ...

What does it mean when you have white patches on your nails?

Hand sanitizer?
okay, im a germ freak, i carry my hand sanitizer everywhere. but recently i was thinking does this stuff actually work? idk what do u think?...

What color is your blood , inside your veins it looks blue, why?

dennis
Is hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alcohol the same thing??

WhaCK
Rating
YES THEY ARE!!! But i'd prefer hydrogen peroxide.

Shalka W
i do not think so! use hydrogen peroxide it is fun to play with!

thedude4614
no...........i forgot why though. oh well...8th grade science!

compugeek420
I'm gonna guess you are a little kid. No.

Jerry S
they maybe similar, but they are not the same thing.

protoham
Rating
NO

Snooks
NO

Sweetie P
Rating
No -- one burns, the other doesn't. No really...they're two totally different chemicals.

Rubbing alcohol is used to disinfect (kill germs), and it burns when applied.

Hydrogen peroxide is used to clean (usually blood), and it doesn't normally burn when applied, but bubbles. That's how you know it's breaking the blood down.

thebourne_id
Rating
No, they are certainly not. They are used for similar tasks and purposes, but that is where their similarities end. Hydrogen Peroxide is H2O2 which if you think about it is just like water (H2O) but with one addtional oxygen molecule. Rubbing alcohol is usually made with isopropanol style alcohol, and is NOT for drinking, sometimes they will even add a little wood (also fatal) alcohol to "denature" it. Hydrogen peroxide also has the cool effect of foaming and frothing and becomes all fizzy when it hits germs and other scuzzy things. Rubbing alcohol does not.

Jay H
Rating
no, trust me they're not!! rubbing alcohol is also called isopropyl alcohol. and you can use hydrogen peroxide to apply to cuts to disinfect them, but if you put rubbing alcohol on a cut you would be in a lot of pain because it would burn and sting ALOT!

Sweet B
no there not the same thing but they do similar things alcohol is used to fight germs and peroxide is used to fight infection

Liz
Rating
They are not the same

E
Rating
NO.
hydrogen peroxide is just one molecule away from water, but should never be swallowed, It can be used to swish in your mouth for gum infections etc. but spit it out.
Rubbing alcohol is Isopropyl alcohol and should never be used internally. If you swallow that stuff you will go blind

vhesponage
Rating
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

They are chemically complete different and serve different purposes.

jamlynne
Rating
haha...no,....you can use hydrogen peroxide as a mouth wash diluted with water...but I wouldnt suggest this with rubbing alcohol!lol.

ll_solcorp
Rating
No, they are not the same.

Hydrogen peroxide is H2O2, (One oxygen molecule away from being jst water.) It is only sold in a diluted water solution. Ths disinfect cuts and scrapes without a burning sensation.

Rubbing alcohol ( at least the Isopropyl variety...) is C3H8O.
Also diluted in water for sale. Rubbing alcohol "feels" cold on the skin and burns like heck when used to disinfect cuts.

cooleyo
Rating
No

kramnnim
Rating
Um, no, they are not the same thing.

Stimpson J. Cat
No.

judithia
No, they are not the same.

David G
NO

Dashing Geek
Rating
No, they are two totally different compounds. However, both have antiseptic properties, which means that both can kill bacteria when applied to the skin.

Computer Guy
NO! Hydrogen peroxide is basically water with extra oxygen. Alchohols are much different.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy