Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is vitamin D milk the most fattening kind of milk?

Additional Details
i am trying to gain weight.......

Is Exctasy dangerous for health ?
exctasy is a forbidden drug....

What do you think of Chavs?
Seriously, what is your view?...

If I fart and sneeze at exactly the same time, will I explode?

GUM/TOOTH achee!!!!?
what can i buy from a chemist to stop it hurting???...

What is the quickest, not the cleanest, not the easiest, but the quickest way to restore hair?

What do i do to not get a hangover?
i wake up feeling lik crap then thats when i take a advil how can i avoid waking up with one at all!!!...

Can toothache cause a bad pain in the ear?

Should I have a bath or shower tonight?
I'm going to bathe at 25 past 7 but can't make my mind up between the two! Help!
:)
xoxo
Additional Details
Hmm... I think I'm going to have a bath. It's ...

Burnt Tounge???
how do you heal a burned tounge?...

Why Do People Do Drugs (Like Weed?)?
I really do not like people who smoke, do drugs, including weed, etc. I think that it is disgusting, and from what I have witnessed, weed is a gateway drug because I knew a lot of people who started ...

Why Am i Peeing every half hour?
It just started like yesterday. I am having pain in my lower stomache towards the side, and i have to pee every half hour to and hour. I am not drinking OVER ESSEIVLEY fluids so idk whats wrong? do ...

Can you get plastic surgery to make your forehead smaller?
Is there such a thing as a forehead job?...

What's wrong with me?
I took at a club yesterday like maybe 5 shots of vodka on an empty stomach, smoked alot, and thats it. All i wanted to do is go home, i wanted it soo bad.. Then while coming home i threw up in the ...

I jammed my thumb really badly playing bball it was even bleeding could it be broken should i go to the doc?
Really hurts, ...

How does old age kill us?
You cant just end, even at 76, a woman died naturally. did her body just stop functioning, did her heart stop? what?...

Ways to make me more sleepy?
My sleeping patterns are all messed up because I was on break from school, and I have morning classes next semester and want to start getting back into a normal schedule.

What are some ...

I've Damaged my knee ligaments playing football any advice you could give me???
Also i haven't bothered to go to the hospital or doctors should I???? They might just tell me the usual ...

Had an accident, please help??
Ok, so about twenty minutes ago I was on my trampoline doing flips when my knee hit a spot just below my eye, or on my cheek.

The pain went away pretty fast...it really hurt when it ...

How can i not be tired?
So if I am tired now what should i do to not be tired? I know i need to do something but what??...

um yea hi
If cut off, can your tongue grow back?
I know its a strange, disgusting question, and for that I apologize. When I was in first grade, my teacher had cancer and was barely ever there. I could have sworn that my mom told me that they had to cut her tongue off, and that it would grow back, which I thought was impossible, but mym mom would never make that up. Some how it came up while I was talking with some friends and they thought I was insane, so I asked my mom and she said it sounded familiar but she wasn't sure. It's possible I misunderstood her, or that I dreamt it up or something, so I'd like to find out. So, will your tongue grow back if cut off?
Additional Details
I know it was crazy, but I could have sworn she said that.
No she was not teasing me, who teases about your first grade teacher whom you like a lot and has cancer.
I don't appreciate the answers that some of you are giving. I know it was a crazy question, and I thought that it was impossible for a tongue to grow back, but yet I thought it did only because I thought she told me that. I had a reason to ask.

rattyboo
Rating
Yes, that is true, people do it all the time without knowing it. They chew it and think it's chicken, swallow it, and it grows back over night.

I ♥ Tes
Rating
Yes, same with your ears and nose. Dont you know? Us humans regenerate at amazing speeds... GOSH

Truth
Rating
only one way to find out...

let us know how it goes! good luck! ;)

idiot.

Jamie R
Rating
NO! It's not a flippin' lizard tail! Cheese and rice!

xzone fan..
Rating
no they can,t that,s whythey cut the tongues off the mummy,s

acceptancewithjoy20
Rating
no that is why in the early days they cut off the tongue when they talked back to their parents. and such.

RockerChick
Rating
NO!

?
Rating
No it does not grow back. It's like any other body part a finger,hand,leg.... If cut off either in an accident or emergency surgery. It will not grow back.

The REBELution!
no

ticklemeblue
No

SD96
Noooooooooooo

[THE] Indian
Rating
no

Chula
Your Mom at the time was just teasing you. Your tongue can not grow back. Well...only in cartoons I suppose.

Gary D
Nope.

Dirtbox
That's ridiculous!
If that's true, then why don't amputees' limbs grow back?

Mawmaw
Since God promised to restore sight to the blind,
hearing to the deaf , the lame will leap... why not
expect a new tongue? For those who are battling cancer
or any grave condition, this is encouraging as
they cope & endure ...
Restoration in His due time, of course

dawnsmysticalwonders
I don't think that you can grow your tongue back fully if it were to be cut off.. it can heal slightly if split or pierced.

Marilyn B
No, it's a muscle and cannot grow back. The tongue is made mainly of skeletal muscle like that in your arms and legs.

P.S.-- It's a good question and I can understand why you asked it.

eman j
It will not grow back. Mainly, the most our body is capable of is creating a scar tissue to seal off wounds, even bones can not entirely regenerate, but they can fill a small space of fractured bone.

On the molecular level the body can do a lot, they can replicate new molecules, as this is a necessary function. Even the brain cells you are born with will be entirely replaced if you live your natural life span. But, this type of small-scale replication is not sufficient to reproduce a massive organ loss. It can repair small damage but not reproduce.

Basically, when a major loss of body part occurs the dna is lost, the program for construction disappears. This type of construction is only possible during your time in the womb.

However, with the tools of science they may one day be able to reinsert the program of the lost dna forcing your brain to reproduce a lost organ, much the way a computer can be reporgrammed to do other things. Basically, it is the code that tells your brain what to do. Once we find a way to interface with the human brain we can program it to create the body with whatever it could do at naturally during pregnancy. Further, with this technology we could even program it to do things that it could not before do, like create a third arm etc. . .

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy