Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Isn't it just so amazing how life is?
i mean, if you think about it..and watch closeeellyy...you see people reacting to eachother, talking to others, communicating, eating..going to work..getting there..they're doing what they need ...

What are the worst injures one can get...?
Me and a friend are in a debate. What arethe worst injures possible from stab wound in the hand. He claims only a flesh wound, I think there is never damage and reduced hand control. What do you ...

Would u like to KNOW the EXACT date of your DEATH?
i couldn't really live my life as i would like to if i was aware of ...

Do you still choose to smoke dispite the health risks?

Why shouldn't you take aspirin on an empty stomach?
I don't want to have to find some food, and I have a bad headache and I broke my ankle a week ago and I just knocked it against a table side on accident and it hurt like hell. Do I REALLY have ...

What could be the cause of lack of appetite in general?
Apart from this I have no other health problems. Bit stressed maybe. I feel like my stomach is a bit tight....

My eye feels like there is alot of pressure in it and getting migraines can anyone help?

Additional Details
i already have ...

Do you know what's wrong with me?
about 5 weeks ago i had a cold and it lasted about 3 weeks, then it started to clear up, but a week after i started to feel better, it felt like i had a chest infection, but it's starting to ...

I would like to know the exact time, day, month and year I will die.?

Is smoking better than drinking?
I have given up smoking but have taken up drinking instead. I drank once every three months before I quit smoking but now i'm drunk 3 - 4 times a week. I've put on weight, i'm ...

Why is my nose constently dripping clear fluid, I am always sniffing, I do not feel like i have a cold, help?

Do you have a body peircing if so where?

How come everytime i look in the mirror i see myself?

-Do stuttering people stutter when they're thinking to themselves?

Waterrrrrrrrrrrr?
if u drink a lot of water do u need the toilet a ...

If cut off, can your tongue grow back?
I know its a strange, disgusting question, and for that I apologize. When I was in first grade, my teacher had cancer and was barely ever there. I could have sworn that my mom told me that they had ...

I go home from school in a bus, and i always get a headache and feel like vomiting, what should i do?
its really crowded, so there is a lotta smell, and heat, and there is loads of noise 2, and i cant always get seat, and im one of the last ppl to get on and off the bus, what do i do?
A...

Why do i get boners?
when ever im wearing like anything that has to do with girls like make up or clothes or anything i get a ***** or even wen i think bout it i get a *****..why is that?...

Is it possible to worry myself sick???
I have been worrying and stressed a lot for about the last three months, over relationship issues mostly. My question is, is it possible to worry so much that you can make yourself sick?
A...

What are the side effects of having iron tablets?

Someone
I swallowed a staple, what is likely to happen? What should I do?
Well it just concerns me, because it seems, at worst, it could cause some good damage. It's just a small normal sized staple, it might be opened or closed but I think it was an open one, it slipped through my throat and is now in my stomach. So any details on what might happen or advice on what to do would be appreciated. Don't recommend medical attension just for the sake of it unless you really think it is important. Thank you!
Additional Details
It happened about 20 minutes ago.

I was chewing on the staple and it accidently slipped back into my throat.

I have no stomach medical history or anything of the sort.

I'm in my teens.

williamj
Avoid magnetic fields

flowermieses@verizon.net
Rating
yOU SHOULD GO TO THE DOCTOR, STAPLE IS MADE OF METAL AND IT VERY DAMGOROUS FOR YOUR HEART.

sue man
Rating
drink some milk to coat the lining of your stomach and eat some bread

Cloe
Rating
What the hek were you doing that you swallowed this staple?

I dont think you should worry so much....It will just be pooped out....

sickpuppee82
in time all things shall pass

dedrickbakkudo
If you swallow a stapple you should eighter check it out with a doctor or swallow a hole spoon of peanut-butter.

rera1397
Ok, I am not crazy.....When I was 2, I swallowed a stick pin and they put me in the hospital until I pooped it out. They were concerned about internal bleeding. I still have the pin, it is in one of my grandmas old Tucks containers (anyone else see the humor?) I think that they might be concerned about internal bleeding if it was an open one, but you will poop it out!

Jon
Nothing is gunna happen, the staple is thin enough to be melted by you stomach acid

Christine
how the heck do you swallow a staple?!

Courtz
Rating
I would say just wait it out, if you have troubles then see a docter!

Wouldn't You Like To Know...
Rating
I think you should be fine ... it may be a little uncomfortable on it's way out though (if it was open). May I ask how exactly you swallowed a staple?

Dr VT
how old are you? have you had any surgeries on your stomach or bowels before? When did this happen?

Jennifer N
Rating
This is a tricky question. With luck it will pass just as any food would. But it my get stuck in your digestive lining and cause bleeding, pain or swelling to name a few problems.

shodan
Need to call the doctor it neds to be tracked to make sure no intrnal bleeding happens, go tell your parents now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sympathetic_sirensx
Rating
It should come out. And it shouldn't do any damage but it could. If it hurts when it does pass stop if you can and get medical attention.

om
Rating
wait to take a dump

http://cutepiggy.com/george_w_bush.html...

Laura D
This too, shall pass.

Nina
Rating
It is very important. Metal does not pass easy It could get hung up in your system and cause a infection. BM would need to be checked to see if it has passed. A doctor being on hand to X ray your tummy would be good and a hospital stand by for watch to pass it would be good. Even a hair can cause a tumor in the gut. Please See A Medical Center. O I do not mean to scare you but you cant be too calm about it. I passed a broom bristle when I was little and it was a big deal to me but I did not panic as it was like straw or some natural fiber you know earth metal is much different...Lately doctors are using cameras in capsule form to check body organs. But they are in capsule and Capsules are made of plastic or some matrix of whale bone to come in calcium forms The wait is for the capsule to come out in the stool. God Bless YOU I do not want you to be harmed...

shizzlechit
it wouldn't hurt to phone y our doctor or hospital and ask. Hopefully you will just poop it out and be fine........no scratching or getting stuck in the process. Solution: Stop eating staples

midori1012001
Rating
I think you should seek medical attention just for the fact that it could tear/rip your intestines and that is not good.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy