Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Want ten points???? Cannot sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Ten points!?
Last October, I tried to commit suicide in my room.

Since then I have trouble sleeping in there.

I am lucky to get two hours of sleep a day.

I think ...

I keep on wetting the bed....help?
I'm 20 and recently I've been wetting the bed.

Usually it's only a little amount but last night the sheets were completely wet through.

I don't drink ...

How long does lice live in your hair............
How long can lice live?hOW MANY TIMES DO LICE LAY LICE?How long do eggs live in your hair before hatching?If you can tell me some websites or you just know.....plz tell me...........

Do you prefer curly hair or straight?

I havent grown since age 11?
I was always taller then everyone until 12. I'm 14.5 now, and I'm 5'1". I am very overweight too. I am hypothyroid. But anyway, is it normal for me NOT to grow these years, I'...

Is cannabis harmfull to your health?

If you drink 2 big mouthfulls of washing up liquid by accident thinking its Juice what do you do.Seriously.?

Helppp!! Im Sick?
This is really embarrassing,but I ahve had diareah for 4 days straight and I Can't get it to go away... and suggestions???...

Is it safe to put hydrogen peroxide in your ears?

Additional Details
not for ear wax - to prevent the common ...

I have trouble sleeping at night, and was wondering if you know any things i can do to help me relax or feel?
sleepy, or help me sleep/feel calm, because it is really affecting my atitude during the day, i am all groggy, and it takes me about an hour to fall asleep! It's ridiculous, because im sooooo ...

Alright, alright... Who hates smok-ING?
Happy now? It's still a disgusting habit.
Additional Details
Jet- Well really. And people go on about me being biased....

Help!! Tried everything to get rid of headlice,,wot can I try?
I have tried everything there is to get rid of headlice and even from the doctor,,is there anything else that I can use,,anything,,,...

WHAT DO BOYS HAVE TO DEAL WITH IN Puberty????ANYTHING WORSE THAN GIRLS HAVE TO DEAL WITH?
i know what girls hafe to deal with durring puberty what do guys have to deal with anything worse???...

Will a 17yr old boy continue to grow if he still doesn't have facial hair?

How can I get over my head cold fast? I'm dying here!?
My sinuses are causing pain. Even my teeth are hurting. My nose is so stuffy, I caugh every once in a while. And my ear is in pain every once in a while. Someone please help me....

Why do my eyes water when I sing?
Hi

When I start singing my eyes start to water for some reason and I have no idea why. Does anyone know why this happens or how to stop it?

Thanks
Additional Details<...

This is true; allegedly?
A neighbour's young daughter had reached the age where she was left to attend to brushing her teeth unsupervised.
One evening she seemed to be taking an extraordinary long time.
When ...

This is very Imporant!!!!!!!?
Ok.... I just found out today that my 12 yr old friend got raped she didn't tell any1 but me and another friend and she got raped about 10 moths ago. She didnt tell her mom or any 1 else exept ...

Do you feel your age?
i dont..
i've been 15 for nearly 2 months but i still feel like im 13 or 14. it's a bit ...

This is NOT a joke... I accidentally snorted cinnamon up my nose, will that hurt me?
ha-ha-ha Yeah, get your laughs out now. I'm dead serious though. I was eating toast with butter and cinnamon on it, and I accidentally took a breath in while I was eating it, and apparently ...

jonnycab
I keep waking up with a jolt when I'm trying to go to sleep. Does anyone know what causes this?
should I be worried?

Jutty C
some scientists beleive this is caused by a leftover inprint from ancestors living in trees, as with Chimps they awake with a startle to prevent themselves from falling out of Trees.

kpinette
pissin on your electric blanket

?
Gas

wei_bei_li
Rating
it's you getting away from the clutches of the grim reaper... don't worry he'll get you one day

rhon
Rating
sounds like your having a nightmare ,unless it happens alot or your having problems getting back to sleep don't worry

emily_jane2379
Rating
Do you mean when you feel like you're falling off a cliff just as you're drifting off? This is actually common, normal and nothing to worry about, there is a medical term for it, but I forget what it is.

mjdp
Ask your doctor to check you out for sleep Apnoea. This condition reduces oxygen to the brain. It can be dangerous if severe

Dogwalker
I have been having these jolts all of my adult life and I'm 62. They usually happen when I have had an exerting day and I'm half dreaming of walking, jumping or passing an obstacle. I will describe an instance. I am dreaming of walking along a street and I pass over a curb at a junction, after a few steps I suddenly realize that I have not gone down to the new level of the road. That is when the jolt occurs as I try to adjust to the level of the road. I can always remember what caused the jolt when I wake up. If this is similar to your experiences I would recommend a not too hot bath before bed.

marina
electricity build up in your body during the day,the best way to stop it is to earth yourself to a metal pipe before going to sleep.

teazer33
i have heard its your heart skipping a beat, f thats the case i wouldnt worry, happens to us all sometimes

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

PI Joe
Rating
Narcolepsy.

If you feel this is interrupting your sleep to the point that it is disruptive to your life or health, see a doctor.

minerva
Rating
I get this too occasionally. usually when i'm very tired. i think it's just muscle spasms and nothing to worry about. my bf does this all the time and wakes us both up. it's like letting go and drifting into sleep.

rebecca200020002001
Rating
see you dockor because you might have a sleeping prolom ,my teacher does and she has to get up alot in the night but dont worry if you go to a dockor he might beable to help

rocky
I can have a similar thing I stop breathing in my sleep And wake up with a jolt or just jump and stay asleep and start breathing again. Very frightening for a lady who sleeps with you for the first time. I didn't even know I did it untill I was told by a former girlfriend. I was checked at a hospital where I was monitored by a machine but told it was nothing to worry about. I have often thought if this is the cause of cot death If a baby stops breathing in its sleep and doesn't start breathing again like I do. I am now 60 and still here.

sam m
yes ...its to do with faulty wiring in your electic blanket!!!!!

chrissy b
some say it is your spirit returning to your body..do you ever get that dejahvoo feeling when you think you have done something before or been someware before or it could be even something as simple as picking up a pen but you remember doing it before they say when you sleep your spirit can travel into your future and when it returns you get a jolt in your body some people can wake up gasping for air when their spirit returns but this is ware you get the dejahvoo feeling from. when this happens you should try and write down what you was dreaming at the time. more often than not you dont remember for some reason but beleive me or not speak to a spiritualist about this and they can tell you the same thing.

Dan C
I also do this, don't think it is anything to worry about. I think it is just a reflex your body trying to keep you awake for no reason!

Janice Tee
Rating
Only you know the answer.

michelangelo
It's because all your muscles are relaxing. Just turn over relax and go back to sleep. No need to worry about this!!! Night night sleep tight.

clear_petals
The same happens to me. I'm sleeping, I get up with a jolt and feel like the world is swirling around me and my heart and blood are pumping. It's not from nightmares, it's when you are worried about something or you have done something bad. I'm used to it, you'll get used to it, too.

But in case there's something else, go visit the doctor, he'll tell you for sure.

Jessica
OMG! I do the same thing. When I just first fall asleep, I will be startled awake, like I fell of the bed or someone jumped on the bed next to me. I have no idea what it is, but its sorta weird. I will wake up from it, heart pounding and practically scared to death. I've learned to live with it, I know that it is brought on by stress. So try something calming before bed, like reading or a bath.

dm_scorpio
You might be having something akin to night terrors. My wife has these quite often.

taketwo
Rating
your wind passages get blocked.

cam4jay
Maybe you watch too much television. And you dream about what you just watched.

hmmmmmmanna
Rating
I get this too. Just as you are nearly asleep you realize you are surrendering your conscious mind and so it jolts you awake as if in panic. Its probably to keep you in check, like maybe you suddenly become aware and it is scary. Maybe an old survival mechanism. Its common but may indicate a bit of stress.

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/answers/answer.phtml?id=49&PHPSESSID=b90509676bf9c2f3b7fadac98da7223c
this is an answer to that exact same question on a mens health website!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy