Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is sugar a sedative or a stimulant?

How do you get pot out of your system for a drug test?

Additional Details
I's not for me. Once agains it's not for me....

Why is it bad to pull off moles?

If you were to die tomorrow, what would you do the day after?

Why do I get so sleepy and tired after I eat????
It's been happening for a while now...I can't even get my butt to the gym because im so tired and sleepy...I get sleepy even if I have slept well enough I don't get it......

I had a kidney infection now on codene for pain in my back and now have been sick all day?
IS THIS NORMAL OR HAVE I JUST CAUGHT A BUG TOO...

What foods will make you sleepy?

Start Smoking?
Okay, I know this can get heated, but I am curious. I realize how addicting smoking is and how it is very hard to quit. I sympathize with people who try and have trouble with it.
What I want to ...

HICCUPS - HELP! cures please!!!?
Went to bed with them & woke up with them... have tried the spoon of sugar (which worked for 1/2 hr), breath-holding, water-drinking, some prat trying to scare me ALL DAY!!! 24 hours on and I'...

Is it Completely Normal To have White Hair at the age of 14?
i have been freaking out about this one white hair and im so young? so i wanted to know if it was normal, what are the causes, and how to slow down or prevent more white hairs from ...

Is there something wrong if i can't stay awake?
during my classes i have a habit of falling asleep even though the classes are intresting. does that mean something? i get about 9 hours of sleep a day yet i can't stay awake. is that normal?...

Do girls like guys with mustache?
beard, side burns....

My 7 week old daughter is constipated?
she is completely formula fed after combined breast and formula till last week. I use the right amount of powder to water, should I increase the water a little ?
Additional Details

Why, after 5 shots of vodka, do I get this sudden attack of nausea and vommiting? And how can I prevent it?

She wont believe me?
okay i've told you guys about my headaches and blackouts. the doctor said the headaches were only hormonal, i didnt go to the doc my mom just asked him when she went in. well the headaches ...

Why do men usually end up cheating on their girlfriends? If they are that temped by another they shouldn't sta

I have a bad felling about tomorrow. What do I do?

My son is smoking?
I was told by a neighbor that my 12 year old son was smoking in the garage. I came home the one day and I caught my son smoking. I acted really casual about it since I smoke too. So I lit one of his ...

How old are some of y'all truthful no lies?

Why do farts smell?

inlovew/jesus
I have a sty on my eye, how do I get rid of it?
I have only had it for about 12 hours, but it hurts!! I don't wear make-up. And I don't know what to do about it. It's in the corner of my eye and it HURTS like crazy. Please Help!! Thanks!! God bless all your answers!
Additional Details
Found out that it is an infected tear duck. But thanks for these answers.

Nyny
Rating
ask your frend 2 pull it out.

SunFlower
Rating
Hello Sty on eye, I also have stys on my eyes...this is what I do. Hot moist compresses ever 30 minutes. Also do NOT touch your eye! Stys will just have to go away on their own. I know its painful. The sty will come to a head. A little white bump. Do not pop it or touch it.
S.

family man
Rating
what the hell is a sty? i hope to god u dont mean STD.

Chillin'In Bklyn
Rating
I used to get them all the time when I was younger. Bathe eye with sterilize cotton balls and sterilized hot water..as hot as you can take it. Keep bathing it and it should go away within a day or two. Hope you feel better.

Joaktides
A hot tea bag ( as hot as you can take it) hold it on it for 3 to 4 mins. Do it a couple of times.

AJ
Rating
Dip a washcloth in a hot salt water mix and apply to your eye, this should help reduce the size and also draw out the infection. For bmwill711a sty not a std, is a small pocket of pus that forms near one's eye.

advicemom
keep a warm washcloth pressed against it periodically. it's an infection of the eyelash follicle or whatever, so like a pimple it must come up and pop to go away.

Peace2All
You should see a doctor. They will probably give you a prescription for medicated eye drops. Don't wear make up until it goes away. Good luck, I had to have surgery when this happened to me.

deemo1971@sbcglobal.net
Rating
get a regular tea bag, and boil water, put the tea bag in the water, then put the tea bag on your eye for a few minutes.... it needs to be warm, but not hot enough to boil your eye..

bubu
Rating
Put hot compresses on it, use an oil (Castor oil or olive oil) to keep the skin moist, I used to have them, my doctor told me to take a vitamin with iron, I did, and haven't had one in years. Good luck

brandiejs1979
Rating
well i had one recently and this lady i worked with rubbed her gold ring on her jeans (it makes it hot) and then put it on my eye outside where the sty was and i swear it went away in like less than an hour

JulyBaby
Rating
You dont. Just wait it out. I havent had one in a long time (knock on wood) use a warm compress. Wet a wash cloth with warm water and hold it against your eye. It should ease the discomfort.

matt
was u working in a dusty place i was and the next day i had a sty it takes ablut 3 days and u can put eye dropes or wash it out and do NOt tuch it

eyegirl
Since your sty is painful it has probably turned from a chalazion (what people normally have as a sty) to a hordeolum. A hordeolum is infected and needs to be treated with an antibiotic and/or steroid. Go see your optometrist and they can determine for sure if you need an Rx or if warm compresses are enough. Good luck!

xoxo
go to any store its called STYE its a little tube of cream works good

luckystar
Rating
put a warm washcloth over it for a few minutes a few times a day

MiKe
Rating
get rid of the pig and the sty will go away

Michelle F
It is a infection of the hair follicle of the eye. Warm compress will make it come to a head all by itself. Basically it is a ingrown hair of the eyelid.

Artist
smoke a little bit of weed...believe me, it helps!

trekker2b
Rating
a HOT compress will ease the pain and pull the cap off of the sty to help it go away.... just take a washclothe and soak it with hot water and hold it over the eye

caroleeberhardt
Just leave it alone it will go away in a few days. What ever you don DO NOT pop it that will just make it worse. If it is really bad just put a warm cloth over it.
Hope this helps you good luck.

blinders_roff
There are topical stye medications you can get at any Walgreens or pharmacy/store. My daughter gets them alot and I use an over the counter medicine called STYE in a white bottle with red lettering, that works really well for her.

chrisP
Rating
ice it

unsure
Hot compress to the eye.

Call your eye dr or PCP.

And if you were contacts, take them out and wear glasses. Also, get rid of the old contacts. Lastly, (if you are female) get rid of your eye make up and start over.

Good Luck.

riyadp
* Apply warm compresses 4-6 times a day for about 15 minutes at a time to help the drainage. Keep your eyes closed.

* Gently scrub the eyelid with tap water or with a mild, nonirritating soap or shampoo (such as baby shampoo). This may help with drainage. Close your eyes as you scrub so you do not injure your eyes.

* Do not squeeze or puncture the sty. A more serious infection may occur as a result.

* Discontinue the use of eye makeup as well as eye lotions and creams because they may be infected.

* Discontinue wearing your contact lenses because the sty may cause an infection to spread to your cornea with the continued use of your contact lenses.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy