Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Could I have a cyber-pat-on-the-back, please? I went the whole day without...?
a single cigarette!
Additional Details
Thanks, people! You can do it, too. Just know that people care about you....

I did the most Stupid thing ever??
I let some one know my aim and e-mail adress on yahoo answers and he did the worst thing ever. He put some picture up talking bout' it's him and then me being so dumb I gave him my url on ...

How many cups or ounces or water should we drink a day?

Whats the most painful thing you have ever expierienced?
Mines probably period pain.. That's a killer!...

Would you ever condider............?
having cosmetic surgery?
I was due to have a procedure very popular with ladies earlier this month and I cancelled it because i really wasn't sure I was doing the right thing.
Would ...

I need sleep!!!?
i havent slept in days and i can never get to sleep please help!!!...

Anybody working tomorrow?
or is everybody american tonight. if you are working how do you manage if you dont get 8hours ...

Should she see a doctor?
My girlfriend is having chest pains not very bad until she was exercising, she has also coughed up mucus. She has been having frequent headaches and is a little stuffy. No sore throat no fever. Im ...

Is marajuana addictive?

Why do people who are dying?
become quite lively and optimistic and even look much better shortly before their death
especially old aged people
Additional Details
sorry-Why do *SOME* people!

and not ...

Is it true that if you eat ants, your eysight will improve?

How do u make ure stomach not growl??
i'm always so hungry in school and my stomachs always grumbling. it stotally disturbs me. how do i stop that?
Additional Details
besides eating more in the morning cause thats wat i ...

I snore really loudly and I hate it, can I do anything to stop myself snoring?

Why do some girls get eyebrows tattooed on?
I understand the concept (never having to tweeze your eyebrows again)but is it just me or does this abomination look hideous and make it difficult not to stare when having a conversation?...

Is alcohol more dangerous than marijuana?
In terms of risk of injury or death, etc. ?
Additional Details
Taxes on alcohol, hmm.
They can tax weed if it was made legal, right?...

What does OCD mean?????????
i have no idea what ocd means i just hear people say it alot. ...

How do i ask my Mum & Dad for a nose job?
ok. ive tried dropping hints about it. ive tried asking her opinion on my nose but its always the same."youre beautiful the way you are". but im not. i would be if it wasnt for my nose. its ...

If we all have blue blood?
if we all have blue blood then how come when us women have a period that it comes out red then and when i cut myself the other day it was red then ...

If you know you where dying would u tell any body?

Why am i always tired?
i feel my tierdness is getting too much of a habit but it isnt my fault. i think something wrong with me. i have low iron and on iron tablets and on anti depressants and loads more other tablets. i ...

Djmaster360
How do you get a extremely high fever down fast?
19 year old

Cassie
Rating
paracetamol & a cold bath.

Mrs.Edward Anthony Masen-Cullen
Take a COLD bath, eat popciles...if its really high, like 103.5+ go to ER

Cena_Kix_***
Rating
warm shower helps to break the fever. Just be careful too hot doesn't really help things and too cold can put ur body into shock. also tylenol

Waiting_helpless_&_wanting_more
hot shower??? edit i meant warm

Cejay
Rating
OTC fever reducer or immersing in cold water.

Matt
if it is really bad, you may want to buy a few large ice bags, and put them in a tub with some water.

burning_pacemaker
Rating
i did it practically 108 fever to 98.6 by water bath rubbing body with wet cloth and pouring water all over it can low highest temp

nogoodloser
ice bath

zandaria7
Run a luke warm bath with a capful of eucalyptus oil in it.

corvette girl
put them in a cold water bath,this brings down a fever over 104.if this doesnt do the trick call 911 this is an emergency..

Sideways
ice pack and tylenol

Alessandra
Rating
Take a cool bath.

Kristy T
Rating
alternate tylenol and motrin, take tylenol then in 2 hours take motrin and so on. taking a cool shower will also help but don't freeze to death, just COOL water

tricky
Rating
ice bath

nejad helpa
Rating
ice pack and advil or tynenol.

Soapflake
Rating
Well I have a bunch of kids, with a wide range of ages, and used to be they said to put the kid in tepid water, but then they said not to do that anymore because the rapid temperature change was too much of a shock to the body. Then they said to use alcohol and rub the body down, but now they say that is not cool because of all the alcohol fumes and to just use rags dipped in tepid water and rub down different parts of the body at a time. Use ibuprofen instead of Tylenol, works better on fevers, or alternate every four hours, ibuprofen, then Tylenol. Also do not cover up which is the tendency, let the heat escape. If the fever stays high for more than a day, or gets above 104, seek medical attention.

Denise M
like many have said before: Ibuprofin or Acetominophen and Cold packs. Ice packs at the groin, armpits and neck will do the most good the quickest.

if your fever is over 103-104, it's best to get to the ER FAST. a fever that high can mean DEATH or serious BRAIN DAMAGE and a life threatening infection. Getting the fever down does not get rid of the bacteria. It just will mask the problem for the short term.

Get to the doc if you run this high fever for more than 24 hours.

bobbilee
Rating
By this time you could have gone (or taken) this person to a hospital.A very high fever can even kill a person.Get to a hospital.Why take a chance??

ward6359
Rating
Wash off with rubbing alcohol

Bob H
Tylonol works well, and take a cool bath. But you have to be careful, they can be deadly.

MissMonk
Rating
A cool bath,,,but if the fever stays you need to go to the ER,, ALSO take a fever reducer a in Tylenol

college_gal_83
Ice bath. Tylenol. Hydration.

Science Geek
Put the person in cool water and call a friggin ambulence. Notice I said cool, not cold or freezing water (roughly 65 degrees is good); ice water can put the person into shock and should only be done in a hospital.

slepore29
Rating
tepid bath - not too hot or cold.

khn_mchl
Rating
Ibuprofen, cool water. Get right in the tub if you can. How High is the fever? If it is too high you need medical help. You can have permanent damage if you have a fever too long.

daljack -a girl
Be very careful because a high fever can kill you.

Getting in some cool water sometimes works.

Orlando57
tepid water not cold and then alcohol wipe downs and ice packs on the neck and head

kclo
Rating
a medium to cold bath works the best

Me M
eat hot soup or something. chicken noodle is actually been proven to help when you're sick. when you have a fever, it means your body's trying to heat something out of it, to kill a virus or whatever. so if you help yourself heat up, it will eventually cool you down. or at least just make you feel more human again.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy