Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

How do I get some energy?
I cant have any caffine or take any pill. I need to wake up and do something. help!...

Should i have a tetanus jab?
i have recently cut my back on a rusty gate, ripped my leg open on some brambles and had an argument with some rusty barbed wire! i have not had a tetanus jab for about 9 years. do i need one?!...

Why cant i stop doing the drugs i don't want to do?

How much does it cost to have a facial mole removed and can anyone recommend somewhere in London ?

Please help?what seems to be the problem with speaking your mind and telling people what you feel?

Do any of you know anyone who got arthritis because they cracked their fingers or ancles?

Is it possible for a 14 year old to be perscribed sleep medication?
Is there no help for the sleepless youth? My mother says that there is no doctor that would perscribe sleeping pills to me, and I was just wondering if it was true....

How do i gain 10 pounds in 10 days? if somebody gives me an answer i will chose them as best answer?

When one goes to get their yearly physical and have to pee in a cup, what exactly are they testing for?
can the doctors tell if you've been using non-prescription drugs? are they allowed to test for that without informing the patient(under 18)...

How can you tell if you, or someone close to you is an alcoholic?

How many of you are on the organ donor list?
Does your family know and do they agree? I registered a few months ago but still haven't received my donor card....

Why are men such babies when there sick?
MY MAN WAS SICK AND HE WAS SUCH A ***** AND THEN WHEN I GOT SICK HE WENT OUT ON ME AND LEFT ME HOME. THEN HE CALLED ME AND I WENT TO GET HIM AND THEN WE GOT IN A FIGHT AND WE NEVER GOT HOME UNTILL 7 ...

Whats the best way to stop smoking?
I've tryed everythink to stop and just can not do it,...

Do you get shivers when you walk into a room for the first time?

What I Want To Be When I Grow Up!!IDK?
I'm looking for a job to be when I grow up and I think I want to be a registered nurse. Because I want to clean the babies up when they come out of there mom, is that what a registered nurse is? ...

Does anyone know a good remedy for a sore throat with no other "sick" symptoms...?

Additional Details
LMAO @ Steve... I honestly hadn't even thought about an "alternative" interpretation of this Q......

Can anybody unveil the best way to wake up early in the morning instead of yawning or sleeping again ?
Instead of sleeping for 6 or may be 8 hours, i end up sleeping for 10 to 12 hours a day & research rest of the day,Solutions Please !...

What is your biggest pet peeve?
I cannot stand for somebody to leave butt crumbs and hair on the toilet seat... ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!...

How do you clean your ears without using q-tips?

Did u know that The Crocodile Hunter died this morning..? thats soo sad?
hey people for those of u that dont know he was killed my a sting ran it stung him in the heart :(

R.I.P

I loved you ...

Alison
How do I make bruises fade?
I have 6 very distinct bruises on my bottom that I need to fade as soon as possible. Does anyone know of a cream or treatment that will make them disappear more quickly?

Troubled Joe(the ghost of)
Rating
i keep a large container full of foundation which i make my girlfriend wear most sundays after i've blackened her eyes after a saturday night on the beer

mt
Rating
Bruises are usually caused by bumping into something which ruptures the tiny capillaries under the skin leaving the area darkened. Some people bruise more easily than others, and this is indicative of fragile capillaries, poor health or an inability to create collagen. For people who bruise easily, bruises seem to appear for no apparent reason. Research has shown us that the leading cause of frequent bruising is a deficiency in one or more nutrients. The elderly, due to their generally poor diet, are quite susceptible to having bruises. The remedy is very simple: add supplements to your diet. Dieters who have lost a substantial amount of weight are also at risk of developing bruises. This is due to the fact that they have many capillaries that were needed to supply blood to their body, but that body is no longer there, leaving the capillaries exposed.

One of the main causes of bruising seems to be a deficiency in certain nutrients, primarily vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, bioflavonoids, and zinc. A vitamin C deficiency may be caused by several factors:

? eating too few fruits and vegetables (remember the problem sailors used to have centuries ago with scurvy outbreaks on long voyages? It was caused by a lack of vitamin C)
? taking drugs which destroys this vitamin
? long-time stress from illness, frustration or depression
? smoking (one cigarette can deplete the body of 25 mg of vitamin C)
? frequent emotional outbursts such as anger
? exposure to pollutants, allergens or heavy metals

A deficiency in hesperidin, one of the bioflavonoids (sometimes called vitamin P), naturally occurring nutrients usually found in association with vitamin C, has been linked with abnormal capillary weakness. These bioflavonoids, including hesperidin, Citrin, Rutin, Flavones, Flavonals, Calechin and Quercetin, were found to be essential in correcting the tendency toward bruising.

Tips
When you bump something, immediately apply a cold compress to the area to reduce the swelling.

Changes to Make
Supplements
Vitamin C is an antioxidant and is depleted when the body is trying to rid itself of pollutants, allergens or drugs. Take 2 grams the first day, adding one gram daily until 12 grams daily is reached. Using unbuffered vitamin C sometimes causes stomach upset at large doses. Bioflavonoids, such as rutin and hesperidin, facilitate the functions of vitamin C. Take 200-1,000 mg of rutin daily with the vitamin C. Vitamin C helps protect against bruising by strengthening capillary walls.

Vitamin E works synergistically with vitamin C to repair tissues.

Vitamin K is made in the intestines, but can be depleted by antibiotics, which kill the friendly bacteria that synthesize it. Supplementing your diet with leafy, green vegetables is a good way to add this vitamin to your system. You can also use vitamin K cream which will help fade and clear bruises and can help decrease post- surgical bruising when used approximately two weeks prior to surgery and after surgery. It helps the capillaries heal themselves by sealing the blood leakage. Vitamin K also supports the body's ability to reabsorb the blood in surrounding tissues, thereby helping fade the bruise and restoring the skin to normal color.

Zinc is helpful in maintaining healthy connective tissue, and a deficiency can lead to bruising. Take 50-100 mg daily. However, don't take doses this high for more than a week or two without medical supervision, as it may interfere with absorption of other important minerals, especially copper.

Remedies
Folk
Butter Apply butter (not margerine!) immediately after getting bruised. Remedy courtesy of Rosie Kinsey, as learned from an RN friend in rural Indiana.

Cabbage Macerate and heat some cabbage and apply to the affected area.

Calendula Apply a cream or a tincture of calendula to the bruise.

Mustard Make a poultice of mustard and apply to the bruise. It will draw the blood away from the bruise.

? Combine 2 parts of ground mustard seed with one part set honey and one part finely chopped onion. Apply to the bruised area and cover with a bandage. This will relieve the bruise and swelling.

Onions Make a poultice of roasted onions and apply to the bruise.

? Cut an onion, dip it in apple cider vinegar and rub on the bruise as soon after it occurs as possible to prevent black and blue marks.

Pepper Applying black pepper oil to the bruise will also draw the blood away from it.

Vinegar Make a compress and soak it in vinegar to alleviate the bruise and swelling. Avoid getting it in the eyes.

Vitamin C Increased intake of this vitamin has been shown to improve resistance to bruising. Take 2 grams the first day, then add one gram until your intake is 12 grams daily. Use unbuffered vitamin C if regular vitamin C causes stomach upset.

Vitamin K Rub a cream with vitamin K on the bruise twice a day. Vitamin K will aid your body in breaking down blood and reabsorbing it. The act of rubbing helps speed the process.

Witch hazel A tincture of witch hazel will relieve swelling and bruises. Apply as a cool compress.

Zinc Take 50-100 mg daily. However, don't take doses this high for more than a week or two without medical supervision, as it may interfere with absorption of other important minerals, especially copper.

Homeopathic
Arnica To alleviate dark, swollen bruises, apply a gel containing arnica every three hours to encourage healing. Or, apply a tincture or cream to the affected area. Arnica traditionally has been used for muscle aches, sprains and bruises. The gel should improve the swelling, stiffness and discoloration. Some people have a reaction to arnica, so if your skin becomes red, itchy or inflamed, discontinue use.

synkronyzer
Fairness cream

Sunseeker
Arnica gel/cream is the best thing that you can use to help bruises get better and fade. All good chemists should sell it. If you can't get hold of any then try massaging an aloe vera moisture cream into it.

Cat ( " , )
Rating
ARNICA Cream....

You can buy this from boots or superdrug or most larger pharmacies... this will help reduce the sweeling and help increase the healing process...

♥haggisbasher♥
Rating
You could try to cover them with make-up.

beechwoodboris
Rating
that was either great fun or downright cruel. try baby talc

lucy a
Rating
Buy Witch Hazel from the chemist or Holland & Barrets follow the instructions on the bottle please. it does work

Scottish Girl
Arnica will work, you can buy Arnica Gell from QVC

teresa h
first of all if you dont mind I would like to know where you got the bruises from if you dont mind telling and you can also email me

hot momma
Rating
Arnica has been mentioned to death, it does work but a cream called LASONIL works much faster- within 36 hours, it has the consistancy of vaseline . Also strange as it sounds massaging the area is really effective, but it makes the bruise go very dark very quickly. LASONIL is the best bet, you can get it from the chemists in a tube.

Good luck

Liam B
Drink Pineapple juice.

Carl_the_Truth
Rating
Time...

John S
Theres a brilliant cream made by bayer, im not sure of the name but its something like Hepr____
Its a skin absorbed anti coagulant so actually breaks up the blood clotting beneath the skin (which is basically what a bruse is). Literally put it on and the bruise will be gone the next day.

/-\ /\/\ |_ /-\
Rating
use an indian ointment called iodex, although its banned in the UK u mite find it in sum indian shops, it very effective,
tried and tested

eamonandmegan
I use a lotion called 'Wild Tiger'. It's red and you rub it on and it makes bruises fade more quickly. It's also good for aches & pains.

bexboo7
rub butter on it

kimbridge
Rating
arnica cream available from most chemists

f0xymoron
Rating
Arnica's the best thing you can use - you'll find it in any decent chemist

minerva
Rating
arnica cream and witch hazel are both very effective

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy