Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

I have a really itchy bug bite! im not sure what it is but i need help on how to make it stop itching!!!?
i have two and i have one on each leg! they are on the back of my legs, and are really red! they are spreading all over the backs of my legs, and the itching is killing me!!!!!!!! HELP!
A...

Need to take i drug test next week.whats the fast-es way to clean my system?
i smoked a blunt on the 1/19/07 and ived been drinking alot of water and my test is next week. im not a regular user maybe once or twice a month.what should i ...

Is anyone afraid of the dark?
I'm 22 years old and still get paranoid sometimes when it's dark...i guess it's just a nattural reaction..but even when I'm home, to go to the restroom in the middle of the night, ...

How do you pass a drug test if you have smoked pot?
My friend smoked pot 2 days ago and the test is in 2 days. What can she do?
Additional Details
Of course you can pass a drug test-...

I am 13 and I have been wetting the bed lately, my mom found out and told me i have to wear diapers?
we talked to my doctor who gave us some medicine and said it should stop but it hasnt!! My mom is being un-reasonable and changing my diapers. it is so mean and i want it to stop......help please!...

Should I get plastic surgery? *Pic?
I am thinking of rhinoplasty because I have an ugly nose and I want it symmetrical.. and maybe lip injection on my upper lip. My friends and family says I'm stupid and I don't need it but I ...

Why dont fat people stop eating?instead of looking for excuses for there size.?
im sick of hearing all the crap about why people are fat.
i appreciate that there are a small minority with a condition that dosent help.
but for the rest they should remember rule 1 you ...

What do you think of magazines in the bathroom?

Additional Details
My husband likes it I think it is gross.
Any kind of magazine....

I'm a 16 year old coffee addict?
This is starting to be a problem..every morning when I wake up I need my starbucks!!! Do you think I;m addicted? If so...How can I stop this. If I usually don't have it in the morning I'll ...

Should marijuana be legalized?

I want to die?
I feel terrible and I just want to die. I'm 24 years old and I hate everything about myself. I don't see any reason to continue living and everyone would be better off without me. I have no ...

How often should i change my face cloth and toothbrush?

My daughter 3 years old can't pronouce word properly, what should I do?
She can pronounce some words properly and most not. Is there any medicine or any therapy? Or she will improve as she grow older?...

What is the best method of cleanicg marijuana out of your system. I don't need sarcasim?

Why am I so HOOKED on this CRAP?!?
I'm so addicted!!! I need help people. No more Yahoo Answers damnit....

What are some things young people should know about drugs?

I think I have a problem-?
i am 13 and i have a pretty good life.
the problem is that i hate myself and i wish i could die.i dont cut my wrists, but i thought about doing. i have started scratching at my legs with ...

If you could be invisilbe for 24 hrs. would you and why? I'm very serious with this question?

What is a golden shower?

Do You Eat McDonalds? Read The Details And Tell Me What You Think Of Still Eating Mcdonalds...?
McDonald Burgers Are Not Even Considered 'Beef' By The 'Food And Drug Administration'(FDA) Because Beef Is Supposed To Be Cow Muscle. Instead, They Call It A "Byproduct" ...

Teresa H
Does smoking make a person look older?
I know that smoking is'nt a healthy passtime, but my Aunt tells me it can also make me look older than I actually am. Is that true & if so, how does it cause premature aging?

junglejungle
it dries out your skin on your face.. due to the smoke. for a start..

over a long time it won't help your skin...

but the sun is worse for damaging the skin..

intially when your young, as much it won't affect it visabily , but as you get older it will. regardless it causes damage whatever age you are.

LouLou
Aparently so!

Jackie Jaundice
Yes, it does cause skin aging, so you look like a hobo with extremely bad breath and yellow, crumpled up, teeth. I don't know why some people want to look like that...

K8
Yes, it's been proven that smoking does age you.

kew
Nicotine constrict blood vessels and this somehow hampers our cells from receiving oxygen and nutrition that is carried by the blood. Thus prolong smoking will cause unhealthy skin (among other harmful things) and smokers usually have dull complexion. The dermis layer of the skin is deprived of adequate nutrition which is then reflected on the epidermis ( top most layer of the skin). In due time, unhealthy skin will contribute to premature ageing.

Polo
Rating
Smoking does age your skin which makes you look older.

Old Man
Rating
Yes it does. My mom quit smoking and she actually started looking younger. Some of the wrinkles went away.

dam_dam
yes it can

bunzer
Smoking ages ones skin

aaronsmith302@msn.com
Rating
hard to say i think for me atleast it looks differnt on everyone also depnds on how much you smoke but it probley almost for sure maby yes!

Gypsy
please Teresa dint start smoking, i am a smoker and wish that i had never picked them up. i have chronic bronchitis, and a terrible cough that wont go away. it also isn't cool to smoke because u may look older. your time is coming to have fun, just plz don't smoke. it also causes wrinkles around your mouth and besides that the risks of smoking outway the coolness that u r looking for. as for your aunt she should encourage u not to smoke for your health amoung other things.

Top Cat
so you just want to smoke to 'look' older?

killedbyzombiegirl
Rating
if you smoke for enough years yes same with drinking

tre
look at a person who smokes compared to a person who does not you could tell even if they are not smoking

maclaren
yes

sidmanfree
Rating
Smoking not only stinks, it's terrible for skin because a cigarette around the mouth causes probably much more then wrinkles.

kitty
Rating
Yes. I work in a shop and I can normally guess which customers are going to ask me for cigarettes. Apart from the way they smell, which is awful, they have deeper voices (because their throats have been damaged by the cigarettes), they have yellow finger tips from the nicotine, and their faces look pinched, grey and lined.

BELINDA B
Rating
You know it does. It creates these little ridges right above the lips and effects the smoothness of the skin. It invades every pore in your intire body. It will not only make you look older, it will make you look dead. I saw a lung in a medical setting that was a smokers(they had died of lung cancer) and it was black and looked as if it had ridges and tears in the flesh. My friend (who smoked) had to have one lung removed from lung cancer. I beg you to quit.

bama2
Rating
yes it does

koh raymond
Rating
Yes, bcoz you're living with less oxygen.

joyceeleann
Rating
no

snr7601
Rating
it does make you look older. it makes your teeth yellow, gives you wrinkles around your mouth, makes your skin dull , and it makes you stink.

cheri h
Rating
toxins clog skin pores, also more lines around the lips

usman k
Rating
hi there, it sure does! i smoked and i quit! im 17yrs old and i took me a heck of a time quitting since i started smoking at 15! so below is the information that tells how smoking makes you older!

Everyone wishes to look good. The way we look and present ourselves plays an important role in many areas of our lives, especially when it comes to building good first impressions. Unfortunately, smoking does little to promote your general appearance, in particular, your complexion.

Smoking narrows the small blood vessels in your skin, thus reducing healthy blood flow. When this happens, the delivery of essential nutrients like collagen, vitamins and minerals are greatly reduced. Smoking also activates a type of enzyme which break down collagen, the main structural protein in the skin that keeps it elasticated.

Over time, your complexion deteriorates. Your skin will look dry, old and wrinkled. On top of that, frequent squinting from cigarette smoke leads to more wrinkles. You may look as though you're always frowning.

In addition, most smokers experience the darkening of their lips, a typical tell tale sign of a smoker. Other experts add that smoking worsens dark eye circles.

Smoking also affects the healing process of your skin. Wounds and scars tend to take longer time to heal. Smokers are at higher risks to infections and scabbing from operation wounds or open injuries.

Recent research on smoking confirmed that smoking increases one's risk of developing a common form of skin cancer called squamous cell carcinoma. There are over 1.2 million new cases of squamous cell carcinoma in the U.S. each year.

Fortunately, these changes and risks are reversible. Upon quitting smoking, the skin begins to recover immediately. Within hours, circulation restores and repair continues each day. Risk of skin cancer is also reduced.

So to summarize, if you continue to smoke,

You'll end up looking many years older

Your skin develops poor healing abilities

People can identify you as a smoker from the way you look

You are exposed to high risk of developing skin cancer

Don't let smoking ruin the way you look. Stop the damage now before its too late.

Crafty Cath
Rating
Just check out around a persons mouth who smokes and one of a similar age who does not, all the lips are usually puckered up.

EDWARD W
Your aunt is correct it will make your skin dry and look older..but you can overcome this by not inhaling the smoke.

Weed
Smoking &drinking too much can prematurely age the skin,

missymoo
Rating
This does cause you to look older as it makes your teeth turn yellow and your nails go all flaky.
If I were you I would try to stop smoking. I hope you know that people who smoke do not live as long as non-smokers. My aunt was refused a MORTGAGE because she smoked!

lestermount
Rating
Yes, it causes wrinkles on your face.

Al
Rating
it can age the skin yes

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy