Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why you say "Bless you" when someone sneezes, but not coughs?

Having trouble not bedwetting? (15) any advice?

Additional Details
i can't help not wetting the bed....

How do we know we all see the same coulors?

Does it hurt to get the shot you get before getting a mole removed?
I am getting a mole removed soon and i want to know how bad it will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i know that some people say it did hurt and some people say it didn't but are they ...

What can you do to stop crying?
If you are uncontrollably crying, what can you do to stop as soon as possible? So that your eyes dont turn bloodshot and your face all red?...

Why do people laugh when.....?
I tell them I don't smoke or drink. They even think it's funny that I stay out of the sun so I don't prematurely age myself, plus I had a 2nd degree burn from the sun a few years back.....

Why do professional athletes get paid more than Surgeons or Doctors?
Does it bother anybody that a player who can catch a ball and swing a bat gets million dollar contracts. A player who runs and catches footballs get million dollar contracts. A Surgeon or Doctor ...

What are some good sleep tips?
I have a busy schedule and don't get enough sleep and get up several times a night, any suggestions on how to get a restful night sleep?...

When are you too ill to go to work?
Honestly, how ill do you have to be before you take sick leave? Would you do it for a bad cold where your nose is constantly streaming etc? Do you have to have a high temperature and a dizzy head ...

What is the water inside my blister?

What is the best deodorant? that does not make you smell worse later in the day?
i have used several deodorants and it seems that some either does not do anything or just make a bad odor. ...

What exactly is anorexia?!?
im really fat and i want to lose weight. ive been on diets and they havent worked. what is anorexia? can it kill me? im only 13 yrs old. i look like i weigh 130-140 but im really 180 and im gettin ...

What do u think is better: being too fat or too skinny?

What can I do? Please Help!?
I believe I could be depressed. I don't feel that I have anything to look forward to when I wake up. I am a college student who feels that she should just drop out. I don't have any passion ...

Whats an excuse for not being at school?
stomach pain
headache
family commitment etc.
please be serious
ideas?...

What does it mean "to lose your virginity"?
well, i hope i'll get an answer to what i really wanna know. i know what changes persist at girls (like, losing the virginity), but what about boys? what changes are there? must be smnth! i ...

If Americans throw rice at weddings, do the Chinese throw hamburgers?

What Was The Last Thing On Your Mind Last Night?
Mine was why do mosquito bites itch<<Anyone know the answer to that as well? Lol ;-)...

Should I get breast implants and how much would it cost?
I am 5'3 and I am 92 pds and a 32 B but I am wanting like a 36 C cup is that to big for me and what would be the price range on ...

Who do we contact about a roach infestation in our apartment?
Hi everyone. I had another question. We have been dealing with a roach infestation for going on 9 months now. The previous owners were slobs and the apartment manager did now clean the appliances ...

krazh1234
Does rubbing alcohol help clear your face???

chathamcatred_201
alchohol dries out the skin. I do not feel that it helps clear your face.try medicated creams instead

sgeorges13
I had a friend in high school who put rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip and pressed it on a pimple for five minutes. It seemed to help for a few blemishes. Otherwise, it is way too drying. Getting regular facials where the facial-giver cleans out your pores will really help. They have to squeeze them and use some products and it does get expensive.....but, it is well worth it. It may make you look a little worse at first, but it pays off after many visits. If you can afford it, go once a week. If not, then twice a month, or even once a month (if you are female, then choose the week after or two weeks before your period....I find that a face is way too sensitive during or right before a period. It doesn't react as well as other times).

sea_sher
Rating
no, it will dry out your skin and it will look awful

Healthy Randy
Sure does cut that greasy look you get from natural oils. However, the right oils in the right amounts are absolutely important to keep your skin soft, flexible and healthy. The bad thing is, alcohol dries your skin out! A scrub makes microabrasions and hurts your skin at a microscopic level. Let me recommend a skin care system which is of pharmaceutical grade and has helped many overcome serious problems. You can order it through my website after you read about the company and product. Just hit "shopping @" and order on line. The skin products are satisfaction guaranteed, send them back for your return money. Do not use abrasive scrubs, do not use alcohol.

justwondering
Rating
i did that and i didnt break out but that was back in high school when i didnt know any better

RY
yes , it does but put only lightly after washing .

Jammy
Rating
by itself it dosent, it will irritate your face and with other regimens can help your face. But please dont burn yourself with it.

schenzy
well it is an alcohol product, which means astringent. First of all it smells pretty vile, and you don't want to get it in your mouth!! As an alcohol product, it tends to dry very fast and leave your skin dry. if you have any small cuts or scrapes on your face, it will burn burn burn. Don't do it. just use it for disinfecting cuts. Use a moisturizer to keep your skin soft and moist.

Big Jimi
Rating
It will strip off the oil!

Jessiekatsopolous
Rating
Nope.

Deborah J
Rating
As most all of your answers read.....No... the effects of using straight alcohol on your skin is basically damaging, there are toners and astringents that can be used to balance your skin if it's problemed... oily or dry...

tina m
NO!

My dermatologist told me that using rubbing alcohol will eventually make your skin as thick as elephant hide.

That's why they no longer use alcohol in astringent products.

yumyumlulu
it will dry it. Watch out you may hurt your eyes.

pink_person
Rating
some alcohol can damage ur face so i prefer not using them! just use soap and water if ur gunna wash ur face!

ice9698
It's possible, but rubbing alcohol is very harsh. It will probably dry your skin out. I know someone who used to use toothpaste to clear their face! lol

finallyINlove
Rating
Different people have different skin...
It may work for some but not for others...
I have a friend who tried it and it worked for him
but he didnt have a bad case of acne just a few pimples here and there
so it dried them up...
I guess it doesnt hurt to try...you'll never know.

Muy Buena
it can because it will dry it out but it will lead to other skin problems like flaking and exzema .. try witch hazel or an acne product .. i would even try toothpaste before alcohol

swilkes8305
some people swear by it, but it didn't help me. use something with salicylic acid in it....like neutrogena products or St. Ives

Morgan
sure does.

it will shrink pimples, if you keep reapplying it.

but if you have an acne problem, you'll need acne meds.

baddog
Hell no ! try dove sensetive skin soap and stridex.
The secret is a clean pillowcase every night or every other night !

esme_wolf
no, but it'll really dry out your skin.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy