Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best cure for a hangover ??
the best way to get rid of that day after feeling....

When you get sun burned, what do you do?
please answer.....i am sunburned!...

I want to appear tp be very sick how can i make my self have a high fever?

(doctors,nurses) Why am i so short?
I'm 14 female 4' 9" and about 85 pounds. I eat about 40-50 pounds of food a day. Is that normal? I just want to know cause i'm very short and I was wondering if maybe there is ...

So Depressed...?
I don't actually know what to do any more...
I have councelling, but it doesn't help.
I cant talk to my family, because they all hate me (please don't say they dont, because ...

Do guys get both ear pierced? What are the statistics?

WHAT iS THIS SWELLING ON MY ARM?
Yesterday, I had this little bump on my arm that looked like a pimple so I popped it. Today, I have this huge circle of swelling, and its 2 inches in diameter. It hurts and doesn't itch. What ...

Will I pass a a Urine test?
I've smoked pot on July 4. Ever since then i have been clean and sober. I have to take a drug test on monday July.24 I have been drinking plenty of water and have been urinating and sweating ...

Well world its time to go to the LAND OF NEVER NEVER Goodnight?

An embrassing question!?
I know this question is a little odd
However, I am keen to know because it will be usefull for me!
How many times (Average) do you go to the toilet per day to have a s**t.

A ...

Who do you think should be responsible for birth control? Men or Women? Why?
Please state your serious reasons only. If you have any information over this topic or know a website about this question, please share with me, i really need it
Additional Details
many ...

If you were able to find out now how and when you were going to die, would you?

3 year old got constipation?
My 3 year old daughter has got constipation, she hasn't done a poo for about 5 days now and she says her tummy hurts. I've been giving her fruit and stuff, but it doesn't seem to be ...

Yesterday, my dog bit off part of my ear.it only bled for about four hours straight, should i get stitches?

How do you reduce swelling in the eyes?

How do u kill a black widow?

Should I sleep?
I've been awake for about 11 hours from a 10 hour sleep. It is 2.27am local right now and I have a final exam at 8-11am and 1.30-4.30pm. I am contemplating sleeping for 3 hours and waking up at 5...

Whats a anti drug ?
like for example
basketball is my anti-drug....

Is it true that mosquitoes tend to bite some more then others?
I always get bit more then my friends, so is it true that mosquitoes tend to bite some more then others?
Additional Details
If so, why?...

Have you ever had a dream that you were stabbed with a knife?
Have you ever had a dream where you saw these bad guys rob a bank? They saw you and found you in a building? Holds the knife above your head, counts to three, and stabs you? Did you feel the pain, or ...

Veronica W
Does a cool shower make a fever go down?
I'm fourteen and I have a fever of about 101-103.
Will a cool shower bring my fever down?
If it does, how long do I need to stay in the shower?

Thanks.

OmniZero
Rating
Not a cool shower, a HOT shower. The best way to kill a fever is to stay warm. I know that seems impossible, but it's the way it works. Stay in for at least 5 minutes or more.

edit:

The HOT was for emphasis, to show not cool. Don't burn yourself, heh.

sammi
Rating
yes a cool shower will run the fever down i would say stay in about 1/2 hr

Breeze
Rating
A cool bath would work better. Just soak as long as you can.

chubbybunny.2007
Rating
Take Paracetamol 500 mg tablets.

Ferny N
Rating
yes it does try not to bath with too cold just kind of cold and stay there for at least 15 minutes

eat ice cream it help ur body cool down

**Sarah**
Yes. You only need to stay in for about 10 minutes. If you start to get shivery or really cold get out.

Eric H
Meds will do the best job of lowering your fever. Motrin seems to work better for me than Tylenol but it varies with different people.

Ice or really cold baths are only for really high fevers (104+) to bring the temperature down quickly. You want to stick with luke warm or cool shower/bath so you don't induce too much shivering which your body then interprets as a cue to further retain heat to your vital organs to protect against hypothermia.

You can also cycle meds if you don't think it's working or not working long enough but do so only with someone able to assist you if there are any problems. Cycling is stacking two different types of fever reducer. Motrin (8hr) and Tylenol (4hr). You basically start with Motrin, then 4 hours later if your fever is still fairly high, take the Tylenol. After 4 hours again it's time to take Motrin again and start they cycle over. This allows you to take medicine every 4 hour if necessary w/o going over the recommended dosage schedule.

Also wear loose clothing so the heat has a way to come off your body. ice pack to the head or under the armpits also helps.

MistiDawn
Rating
It doesn't always help to bring it down, but it will surely make you feel better.

Acetaminophen (aspirin) or ibuprofen is a fever reducer, so take some of that according to the directions on the label.

skarekro71
Rating
A warm shower or bath will work better. It will cause your blood vessels to expand and bring them closer to your skins surface. This will alllow for better heat dissapation. I usually cover up with several blankets and sweat the fever out. Fevers happen when your body raises it's temp to kill the cold. By using blankets, your body doesn't have to work as hard or long to get the temp up high enough or long enough to kill the intruder.

LUCKY7
Rating
it does work

kelly k
Rating
No it may make your temperature worse and you wikk probably shiver and then become too cold. You should just get a warm shower that should work.

♥ || Brown Eyed Girl || ♥
It can. You can also try ice packs under your arms. DO NOT stand in front of a fan. It can make it worse. :(

I hope it helps.

Harry M
A warm / hot shower will bring the fever down. I know this seems impossible, but I think it opens up the pores in your skin and allows you to ventilate... not sure about this last but.

Keenen D
Rating
hmm.. it might temporaily help. but eat, sleep and take alot of medicine..

sh1zzared
Rating
Only use a cool shower when the fever is going OUT of control.

But it's best NOT to use a cool shower when you have a fever. Just rest as much as possible and eat and drink enough.

kendiane
yes it will about 5minutes

Somone
Rating
NO it won't actully but if you take a warn shower not HOT but warm it will make the fever go down

Jxdy11
Rating
I wouldn't recommend this for if you're sick. It will just shock your immune system more. It's better to run a hand towel under cold water and put it on your head and keep changing it when it warms up. Also take some meds (eg. aspirin) to bring the fever down. If it keeps rising, go to the emergency room.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, December 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy