Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Can someone give me some tips to sleep better???

To burp or not to burp??
What do you think about burping in public do ya think its gross or do ya let it out??...

Suicide i cant take it no more?
i am 21 old with Cerebral Palsy i can walk and do everything i just walk funny i have a felony for robbery when i was 18 for a coat that fall off during a fight and then a few months later lost a ...

If i am 117lbs and i am 5'3 am i fat?

What is your major turn off?

Nightmares....?
I have these nightmares that started when I was about thirteen. Most of the time it's about spiders chasing me, when I wake up it is usually because I screamed myself awake, or when I turned on ...

If I want to live forever...what should I do to achieve this?
news is out, that within the next 100 years sometime there will be a kindove biological revolution that will allow humans to live for a very very long time, if not indefinitely. Trouble is I'm ...

Woman missing the toilet daily at my office!?
Is it just me, or would she have to be actually trying to miss? Everyday? #1, #2, toilet paper.....THE WORKS!
Additional Details
How can I make it STOP? We left a note for her, it ...

Why when people take a dump and they just ate corn you can still see the corn?

Is this safe??
My bf was in a really bad car wreck in 2004. He broke his neck, but he lived and he is not paralized or anything, he just has screws in his neck... anyway... he wants us to go to six flags. im ...

Are crabs good for you?

Why do I yawn so much ?
I really hate it when I repeatedly yawn and ...

How can i get rid of stretch marks?

I'm always cold, what can I do to make myself less cold?
Like it was 80 (Fahrenheit) outside today, and I was freezing... =/ There wasn't a strong wind or anything though. And it's always like that.

What should I do?...

Can you get cancer in the mouth and any other area's if a guy kisses you when he dips? need to know?
have to know right away if you all know of such a thing like this?
I also heard second hand smoker's can get cancer so does this
also affected this same way as dipping scolls too?...

Apple should be eaten with or without skin? What's (if any) is the difference?

Trying to commit suicide???
i am 15 and when i was 8 i overdosed on a medication which was a muscle relaxer. i took the whole bottle. Heres the thing i dont have any memory except what felt like flying in a bed sleeping like a ...

How do you get a six pack without any weights or exersize machines?

Im 15 years old and my hair is getting whiter by every day. i need help!?
i really need help. my hair started getting white since i was 7th grade. my mother says is genetic because her hair started going white when she was in high school but i dont think thats the case. ...

Puberty...?
I have grown so much hair down there, its like santa clauses beard...what should i do?...

GaryUKB
Does Lavender really help sleeping?
I don't have a sleeping disorder but one or twice a month I have a bout of insomnia. i had been advised by family that the best way to drop off to sleep is use Lavender oil on my pillow or bed clothes. Is this true if not anything else that you can suggest.

ashesanne
Rating
my mom always said lavender helps you fall asleep and would put some lavendar under my pillow case when i was little. i dont konw if it did anything except smell good. but maybe it does...

avalon123
yes this is true. lavender has calming effects. or you can burn a lavender scent candle before you go to sleep and have the smell in your bedroom.

brogdenuk
Rating
Hopefully.

Chipper
I guess it works. I have the same problem as you. My shampoo is by Aromatherapy and it's scented Lavender Vanilla and it even says so on the bottle that it's supposed to help sleeping.

So yes, buy some lavender oil!

Good luck :)

me!
Rating
it relaxes the mind and body, so does chamomile OIL not lotion

buggerlugs
Rating
my mum swears by it but ive used it and all it did was attract bleeding wasps- take some co codamol pain killers if you are desperate as a one off they will make u sleep in no time -only take 2 tho

tuthutop
Rating
Try it and see.
It may work for you, it may not work for others.

blahhblahhhblahahh
sorta yea, i think, because it does have a calming effect i have some lavender body lotion i use at night time too =D

betty_boop81xx
Rating
yes appartently it has a calming effect but if ya have trouble sleeping, people say if u are in bed longer than 15 mins and not sleeping then u should get out of bed and do something like reading then go back to bed after 30 mins to 1 hour

SingingBlondie
Rating
Try it. I like it.

anna
Melatonin is a great help; lavendar helps me relax but I wouldn't say it helped me sleep. You can take 1 or 2 tablets of melatonin at bedtime and sleep well, and wake up naturally with no headlag like you get with sleeping pills.

danielle425@btinternet.com
some time it does

richard g
cider

stephanie
Is is true!- A drop of lavendar oil or dryed lavendar can help you get right of to sleep.

taketwo
it does me

VRS
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

bobhol
It has always helped me, but don't us too much as you'll end up smelling it all day.

nicola c
it doesn't help sleeping as such it just relaxes you, prompting you to sleep.

misterviv
Rating
Hi, fellow occasional insomniac,
Yes,every now and then I get that 'when the hell am I going to sleep' feeling.
A few drops of lavender oil (a spray is even better) across the pillow works a treat.
Very relaxing.
Just don't try it while your'e driving.

masterwitchphd
Rating
Anything that will comfort you is the trick. 1-keep a log for 6 weeks of what you eat-drink-stress-tv,....etc. Find out what triggers it. 2-relax 30 mins before bed: no tv, phone calls, text msgs, etc. Strictly, clear your mind. 3-try meditating before bed. Certainly wont hurt you. 4-Don't anticipate the next days worries. Leave that for tommorow. My best to you.

Hannah81
Rating
You can buy lavender pillows....They really do help. Also if it's only for the odd night buy an oil burner and put it in your room for half an hour before you go to sleep xx

^crash_&_burn^
it is called aroma therapy and it works for me.

Norm
Rating
Yes, put a sprig under your pillow

Dona Anya
I think lavender is useful for relaxation - it also happens to be very handy to have around as a cleansing spray for those with curly hair (mix 5-10 drops in a spray bottle of water), as well as vital to use on skin burns (use straight). It's a must in my medical kit.

For occasional bouts of insomnia though, I'd make sure you also elminate as many sources of light in your room as possible (or wear an eye mask), as melatonin levels are dramatically affected, even by a little night light. Chamomile tea and Rooibos teas are also good relaxation aids before bedtime as is a foot massage with warm sesame oil. If you need *sleep*, not just a little nudge though, valerian root capsules should do the trick!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy