Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

I missed 2 weeks of class, and now my instructors want a doctor's note, any suggestions!?
I missed 2 weeks of class due to some personal reasons. I became very unmotivated to get to class because of this. So after 2 weeks, I return to class and tell my instructors and the program ...

My boyfriend has really bad dandruff,and not only is his scalp dry but his face is too.what to do.help?
. he is black and it basically looks like really bad dry skin.but it isn't.To ...

How can i get to sleep?
I need help getting to sleep..counting sheep doesnt seem to ...

What should we do to reduce stress during examinations???

How to keep warm? How to produce body heat?
It's starting to get cold, and the heat/ventilation thingy in my room doens't really work.. I can't really use a electronic heater because of rules/policies and chance of making a fire ...

Does a person with a colostemy bag fart?
I'm probably going to hell for asking such a question, but seriously... many patients w/ a colostemy bag have had their colons removed. So, do they have gas? If so, do they pass it into their ...

Could someone please describe this...waking up unable to move..?
Twice, I have awakened from sleep unable to move. I can open my eyes and my mind is alert. Yet I am unable to move my body for what seems like an eternity. It's not that I'm tired, I'm ...

Is too much laughing bad for you?

Pregnancy not even a possibilty....serious answers PLEASE!?
Lately I feel sick & tired.
I'm only sixteen & i know for a fact i'm not pregnant.
I have moments where when i stand for a long period of time i feel like i'm about ...

How would I get myself to sleep early?

Please come here if you have had your wisdom teeth pulled EASY 10 POINTS?
okay so i had my wisdom teeth (all 4)out about 2 months agonow. the other day i woke up and my gum was swoolen. this is the second time. the first time i got anit-biotics and so i went again this ...

Why does my daddy fart so much?
Well I asked my dad if he had any unanswered question just for the heck of it and he said this so if you would like to answer this weird question please do-for my dad's sake.lol....

I have a PROBLEM! HELP PLZ?
this whole day & yesterday i have been sneezing non-stop & coughing & my throate is sore and ive been getting headaches [and i never get them.] I dont think im going to school tomorow ...

Every time im under the sun i develop red bumps on my body that itch. what can it be?

Why do I have headaches EVERY single day? I have had them everyday since I was around 4, and I'm now 21.?
I am prescribed three different migraine medicines that I have to take double doses of a day. I've been on these pills for 6 weeks and there is no sign of improvement. The doctor says there is ...

How young can u be but still die of old age??

Why do people yawn??????
i yawn alot.
HELP A SISTA out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

What is proper way to tell my boyfriends I have Herpes and HPV ?
Should I just act like I dont and when he gets tested for them, then I say " You gave it to me. I never had it"

With the summer and hot sun I have more frequesnt breakouts ...

What time do you get up during the week?
What time do you go to bed? I sleep late and stay up late. Part of the advantage to working evenings....

MEN AND LADIES!!!what perfume or cologne gets you really aroused???
MINE IS FARHENHEIT AND O.P. JUICE....THAT STUFF GETS ME ALL ...WELL YA KNOW!
AND MY FAVORITE PERFUME I LIKE TO WEAR IS GEO BY GEORGIO ARMANI...MY MAN LOVES IT...

ADF2008
Do you get sick easier after quitting smoking?
I have quit smoking (about 3 weeks ago) and seem to get a bick sick pretty much every week now.

Is this because of the quitting or just a timing?

Kaleb P
well, you get depressed cause u loose all that nicatine.

duckling0224
It has nothing to do with quitting smoking. When you smoke your brain stops producing a chemical that you get from cigarettes, that is how they keep you hooked. I smoked for ten years. And when you quit, your body is deprived of that chemical completely and your brain has to relearn how to produce it. It doesn't mess with your immune system, or anything. That is just coincedence.

Bonnie S
Rating
No but I did get cravings and kept every time I smelled or saw cigerattes I wanted one. I quit during a time when I was sick from a bad cold so I felt pretty rotten already. You might have just caught something and it is a coincident that you just stopped smoking.

spendergast5
Rating
Wow how did you quit?

Forever young
You get healthier after quitting smoking, are you eating and drinking healthy?

Mrs. Clayton
I didn't get ill, such as vomiting, but I did notice some changes in regards to my sinuses after quitting. I know it's kind of gross, but I started getting bigger, and more boogers after about the first week of not smoking. I was also using Chantix to quit, so I don't know if that has any effect on that. Not sure what kind of sickness you are referring to, but hopefully it's just your body adjusting to not having toxins in your body. You could always place a call to your doctor to ask their advice. Good luck on your quitting endeavor!

zmansgram@sbcglobal.net
I quite smoking about 6 years ago, after smoking 25 years. I didn't have any problems at first, but the last year or two, I think about smoking more. You don't think that smoking is depicted in movies and t.v. shows anymore, but it is. Movies, at least. And seeing quit smoking ads, only makes me sort of want one, but I know I can't even have one. And the desire is not that strong.

Spenny
Rating
it may be psychological. you may be depressed or anxious more.
this can cause certain types of illness to come and go.

thepeng
Rating
for some reason every time I stop smoking I feel like mid grade flu symptoms for about a month, then I feel better than even my best day of smoking. I believe its something to do with the nicotine withdrawal, a doctor would probably call it malaise.

♥Miss My Husband♥
Rating
If you are experiencing headaches/migrains, increased irritation, stomach irritation, then this could be from quitting, If you are experiencing coughing and flegm then you may have a respiratory infection which just happened to appear as you quit.

John F
Rating
I think just bad timing....When you are smoking the tiny cilia in your upper airways don't work as well. These are to help propel the secretions up and out of your airway. After you quit, the cilia start working again and will actually help prevent you from getting sick as much! Keep up the good work.....Also, wash your hands!!!best prevention from getting sick!

Cassandra
yeah you do
when my cuz stopped it made her REALLY sick for bout the 1st month

bigblue
Rating
You are suffering from withdraws. Your body is adjusting, just give it time. At least two months. Drink plenty of water and you will be fine.

Tray
Rating
Perhaps it's just your body adjusting to the fresh air and lack of toxins.

ida
I hope not. you suppose to be healthier (you'll likely gain weight though). you may get sick through the transition process.

Lana
Rating
Your body might be reacting to withdrawal and you feel sick, but I quit 2 years ago........
And haven't had bronchitis in 2 freakin' years!!!

Wow.

I would get it 3-4 times a year, like clockwork.

Now, never.

Keep it up. You can do it. I did.

Just say to yourself, "I can't smoke ever again. If I do, I'll smoke forever." And stick to it.

ktownfarmboy
It may be related to your previous nicotine dependency. Withdrawals tend to overstress the body, making it more susceptible to infections. It's your body's way of telling you to give it more nicotine. Of course, your body doesn't know right from wrong once it's been hooked to cigarettes, so you continue to not smoke. Eventually your body will re-adapt to a non-smoking norm.

t.dot
Quitting smoking should make you healthier.

laterales
Rating
It is hard to say exactly, but it very hard to rule out quitting smoking as a cause for your sickness.

Your body may very well be adjusting to your new lifestyle. Like others have been saying you will get healthier but this doesn't happen overnight. Smoking does decrease your immune systems capabilities. It is possibly just trying to kick itself back into full gear but has to weaken before it gets stronger.

There are no real negative side effects to quitting, only positive ones. The longer you have stayed smoke free the easier the quitting process becomes. You have made the right choice, believe you can quit and you will.

Visit our site to join our inspirational 12 day e-course. You can also download our free book '36 Powerful Superfoods' to help fight weight gain and start mending damage caused by smoking. For more information and to post your opinion about the products you have tried, visit the following website.

Good Luck and Good Quitting

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, April 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy