Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why do people try to answer questions they do not understand?
Answer this question and i might enjoy going to bed in peace!!!...

Is it harmful to drink human pee?
i was thinking of tricking my friend, but i dont know if it could seriously hurt her
Additional Details
okay shes not even my friend ...

Flat chested?
im 15 and a 34A
pretty small
im so worried, i like keepin my coat on when i am around boys, cos they always look at my chest and i am embarrassed if they think there is nothin there

What do you think about abortion for teens?

Why do models have cold showers?
I have recently been watching modeling programs and i have noticed that they have to have cold showers?!? why?
what is it meant to do too your body?
Does it help you loose weight or ...

How do I get rid of stomach aches without medicine?
I get stomach aches a lot. I don't know why, or how to get rid of them. I don't need to take medicine, because they are not always that bad. What do I do? Please help.
Additional D...

I have a mosquito bite on my wrist. It itches like crazy. What should I do?
{Scratch Scratch}...

I have for the last two days had enlarged pupils that don't shrink with light...?
What could cause this?

I'm a 29 yr old woman.

Additional Details
It's Sunday so I can't see a Doc today ...

Why is every1 on here SOOOOOOO SAD?
you sad bas*terd fcukers!...

How long does weed stay in your bloodstream?
So me being me. i ended up doing some at a party last friday night. and now i;m having freak migranes wich means i have to have blood drawn tomorrow. any chance they;ll see it?...

How can I fall asleep fast?
I have 2 wake up 5 tomorrow to take a shower before school how can I fall asleep right now? I have 2 sit like a couple of hours before I fall asleep.
Additional Details

Ive been getting dizey alot do you know what could cause it???
im 12 and dont take any ...

Am I over weight?
I am 5'6' and weigh133 pounds.I'm also 13.If i'm over weight what are good ideas to loose weight....

Doc said not to eat for 12 nours before the procedure.?
I have 9 hours left but I'm starving. Can't I at least eat some crackers or applesauce or something?...

Why should I give up smoking?
I enjoy having a smoke after a meal, in the morning etc. I know it's bad for my health but so is too much of anything. Do you really need to cut out completly; something that is bad for you?
<...

My nine year old has started dating and she wants birth control, whats a good kind for pre-teens?

Bit strange but i have to ask?
i really like to have a good Fart, disgusted you might be.....

But my husband thinks it very unlady like its really off putting for him....not that i ever do it in public or around other ...

What Shampoo do you use?
Whats the best, even if price doesn't come into it?...

Is smoking pot as bad for your health as smoking cigarettes?

ARE you a smoker or a non smoker?
why do smokers repect you more if you say you quit, rather than your a non smoker?
They're less likly to smoke around you too!
Additional Details

carl_marriott
Do black people get sunburnt?

celine8388
Rating
Oh for gawd's sake....what a question...anyone that stays in the sun gets a sunburn...geez

Emma Woodhouse
Rating
l am glad to read that most people seem to realise that black people CAN get sunburnt.
For the few who don't know,sun burn is a 1st degree burn that affects the topmost layer of the skin after prolonged exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
The skin's defence against this is pigmentation -tanning.
The lighter skinned you are,the less you are able to tan and vice versa.
The ability to tan depends on a pigment in the skin called melanin and an enzyme called tyrosinase.
Melanocytes (cells which produce the pigment) use this enzyme to produce pigmentation.
All races have melanocytes and melanin.
Variations occur within every race based on the chromosomal make-up of the individual - so you have red hair,brown hair and different coloured eyes in 'white' people and really black skin ,brown skin,almost orange or yellow skin in 'black' people.
For this question l am referring only to purely white or purely black people - not mulattos .
The amount of melanin and the type of pigment it produces affect the tendency to get sun- burnt.
Thus an orange or yellow skinned 'black' person may get burnt almost as easily as a red-head or blonde'white' person,compared to other members of their respective races.

Vanessa C
Rating
yes but u cant see it cause of there dark ness

Anthony4Christ
Rating
I asked my science teacher and she said yes but its rather rare. And it also depends on how light-skinned the person is.

truefire125972
Why wouldn't they? Jesus Loves and Adores.

hello411
yes...you just cant see it that well

themhjr
yes. They are more prone to get sunburned then light skinned PPL. White reflects sunlight and dark absorbs it. If you have a 'Black' friend ask them.....

Becca
Yes what a stupid question

Judas Rabbi
Rating
Yes they do.

$0.02
Rating
nope. never. Doesn't that make you wonder? We rarely get skin cancer even. And did you know melanin converts sunlight into Vitamin D. This why we don't have to drink cows milk like white people (we do anyway). Does this mean black skin is likely the original color of man and white people simply Albinos? Do any other races get sunburned besides white people?

food for thought.
Nothing but love though.

btmduk
Yes. In fact they are more prone to sunburn.

homeskilletbiscuit102
No but we do get burnt. LMAO. That's why i use sunblock.
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think so

Malika
Hey i just want to say your avatar looks awsome..shoo shoo cute and so hyper...ahahahahahh...take care buddy.

grade school
well, duh! It'll just take them forever

dextersuess
depends on how dark they are. the more melanin they have in the skin, the darker they are and more protected from the sun they are. therefore, less likely to burn.

kamilion101
Rating
I don't think so...cuz i'm indian..and i don't get sunburnt either

Mama Pastafarian
Rating
All skin colors can get sunburnt and suntanned, which is why it is essential for everyone to use sunscreen before going out into the sun.

Sunburns make a person more susceptible to skin cancer, which can be deadly if not caught in time.

grandm
Yes, they do.

Vicky S.
Yes. The bad thing is in most cases you can't see when a black person is burnt. Black people get skin cancer and most of the time they don't even know it. They might think they've never been burned in their life.

toothpickmlmr
i don't think so. Black people get darker when they are out in the sun too long. But if your light skin and black it might happen. My mother got sunburn at walt disney world but that was because she is light skin. Most black people don't get sunburn. Our skin will get hot but i think thats about it.

♥~Nikki~♥
Rating
Yes but not as easily as others.

dsgc05â„¢
Yes you just can't see it as well

alex t
http://www.yahoo-news.co.nr actually just did a article on this funny u asked..

ghostlover
Rating
Most Definitely they can. Try looking it up on the web or in any medical book. It will explain to you what the signs are and what to do about it.

freedom
yes

the_one*
Rating
yes. my bf is black...while you may not be able to see it on dark skinned people, they can feel it, just like light skinned people. the sun is the same on any skin type...UV rays aren't racist =]

*baby_jade*
My best friend is black, and she says no. They just get darker... lol

polo boy
no

Loop Stricken
Rating
I daresay the skin is still susceptible to radiation, but as for actual 'burning', then no - that's why the skin is black, to prevent sunburn.

Higher concentrations of.. what is it, melanin.

('s the theory anyway, TBH I've never asked)

spudric13
Yes, they do, but they don't turn red like us pale skins do. I have many black or dark friends that have spent too much time in the sun (mostly in sports) and they do get burned.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, April 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy