Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best treatment off depresion?

I've just swallowed a button...?
It was about the size of a 50p am i..safe? Should i see a doctor about this or just leave it?
Additional Details
Haha i was biting it off my shorts because it was falling off and choked ...

Why do people smoke ciggarettes?
I know that they are addicted because its the nicotine. but I want to know what is so great about smoking....

Ever been electrocuted?
what happened?...

I have the hardest time waking up in the morning for work...?
no matter how much rest I get. Any tips on how to get my butt out of bed so I get to work on time???
Thank You!...

Is it normal getting horny,.almost everyday?

Why do people take cocaine? what does it feel like honestley...do u get addicted?
...strajgt away...how often do u need it???...

Whats wrong with me?
i have an ear infection with bad dizzieness. i have had this problem for about two weeks, when I lay down i get really really dizzy, especially when i turn my head to the left, i heard its an ear ...

What does it mean when your left ear is itching?

Why does the stomach growl? And how can I temporarily get rid of it?
Uhhhh!!!!!!!! HELP! I had this big test today that continues on for the next few days, and during the test, my stomach made sounds like the bad version of opera, everyone in my class heard it, it was ...

What do you think about the smoking ban in all public places?

How tall are you?
And would you like to be taller?...

OMG!! head lice ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?
Need some tips for it please!...

Do u think somking is cool?

How do you dump your boyfriend?
i like his but as a friend so please help me and remeber i have to see him at school ???...

Is it right to drink the water dripped from the air conditioners?

What do u think u smell like to other people?
every1 has a unique smell. we can't smell ourselves, we smell different to every1. ne1 negative feedback? apparently i mostly smell of chocolate, it must be seeping out my pores!...

Does ANY 1 (really) care about legalizing marijuana??

Is it true that if you unscrew your belly button your bum falls off?
Please help answer this question......

Do shots hurt more than piercing your ears?
:) im getting my 7th grade shots today. what do you guys think? or do they hurt more than braces.. anything?? scraping knee...... :D
Additional Details
well im very nervous and i HATE ...

Caffeine Fiend
Can spicy food actually harm you (time is a factor here)?
I just ate a load of chilli con carne, and we went a bit overboard with the chillis, we put 3 in, put in some chilli powder and then added hot and spicy chilli con carne mix.

I like spicy food, and Im no wuss, I even managed to eat most of it... but my god. It hurts. I've stopped sweating and the fire in my mouth and throat is starting to burn itself out, but I have a really really sore stomach. I think I might vomit (god, I hope I dont, Im not sure my taste buds could face another wave) and I feel bloated and god awful.

Is it possible I have done something silly? Should I be crawling towards a hospital?

God, I feel awful, it hurts so bad. Im dreading my next movement... I feel like I am weeping both ends.
Additional Details
It doesnt feel good for me

sgl99must
Rating
u should head to a hospital because the spicyness and hotness from the chili con carne could damage your stomach badly. You should rush to the hospital as fast as u can(in my advice)

Good Luck

dwell_in_zion
Rating
Well, it may feel like it's going to kill you, but it won't! I do feel sorry for you, because I'm sure your mouth won't be the only thing burning!

But you do want to pay attention to what your body is telling you, because from what I understand, you can give yourself an ulcer that way.

Good luck!

Kaliko
Drink a lot of milk, right now.

Peppers are good for you, in general, but it sounds like you went a little nuts on it. It has been shown that peppers (the hotter the better) create endorphins that make you happy and ward off depression & anhedonia. Interesting, huh?

Lisa T
stop stressing, you may just have the trots in the morning, by the length of you question i think you have a touch of verbal diarrhoea too

Tilly
Drink some milk, the capsaicins which make the chillies hot are not water soluable, they are however fat soluable so if you drink some milk it should stop the burning, eating bread and butter works in the same sort of way, hope that helps.
I have also just read that they are also disovable in alcohol so you could also have a beer or something.

sane_person1
I love really spicy food, especially when it is so good that you feel its effect twice!
Once on the way in, and again on the way out!
That's when you know you have had a real spicy meal.

basia=]
Rating
some can. like there are hot sauces at restaurants that can send you to the hospital!! they can kill you.

We Love MinPins
Rating
I can assure you Spicy Food cant kill you! Maybe if you ate too much, you will get a stomach ache and the runs but not fatal. Are you sure its the spiciness thats making you feel sick and not the meat??? I think you might of eaten a little more than you can handle. Comida Picosa isnt for everyone!Lesson learnt hopefully.

* Im not a doctor, this is just my opinion. Ive been eating spicy food since I was 2, and Im still here.

Shayna<3
Rating
I LOVE SPICY FOOD!
But I too wonder if its bad for you =X

♥ShAyLA♥
spice .......its good for you actually ..looks like your tummy does not agree, drink lots of water, keep up with fluids!

Dr Frank
No it is not harmful, there is some evidence it is actually good for you!

best bet
Drink some fresh cabbage juice, it will calm your stomach burn. 1/2 cup should do it.

Or baking soda (1/2 tsp with 1/2 cup water).

Or drink some ginger tea.

Do not stray from the toilet because you know what peppers do to the plumbing sometimes.
Works like drano.

♥lyssa-licious♥
nope.its good for you

blueyed_cutie3194
Rating
Umm... NO! not unless you ate the peppers whole without chewing. the reason your stomach hurts is because your stomach acid is trying to break down the spicy food and the food is burning the stomach acid (not literally burning) there's not anything to worry about because the spicy food wont hurt your stomach (so you'll be fine) except for the heartburn afterwards...lol

usmctanker1962
You'll be OK. Just remember, what you eat today may burn your *** tomorrow.

LR Girl
Not sure what you got ahold of but I don't think it was the hotness making you sick...could it have been something else? Spicy foods are good for you although it is possible that they could hit your stomach wrong, I suppose. Maybe you have something else going on and the spicy food is triggering a reaction.

....."in fact, the opposite appears to be true although existing intestinal lesions may be sensitive, indicating an underlying problem that should generally be corrected before trying to use hot spices again"

whitefleur369
Rating
Take a couple of Tums right now! See if it helps.

Beautiful -
Rating
Spicy food is actually better for you than savory!

it is a sceientific FACT!!

It is known to give you better health, people who eat these foods are VERY UNliky to develop cancer and your skin doesnt age as fast....all are facts.

but you shouldnt try to over do the spice...it shouldnt harm you (looking at the amount you put) but if it contiues to burn then go to the Dc....because of the amount you used its more likly to give you diarrea than anything

mcc
Rating
Oh dear... maybe you just overate,.... if your tummy not used to such heat!!!! lol
awww i do hope you feel better soon.. maybe you just need a good old belch!!!!!!!

onecent1232003
well, eating spicy food is good for you, it will burn calories, & fights cancer, to cool your self down , drink a glass of milk, it stops the burning in your mouth & stomach, you will feel better after you drink the milk!!

betty
Rating
If it continues I would check it out with a doctor, I think too much can irritate your stomach. Eat lots of yoghurt! I hope it gets better!

annie
Your stomach is tough and will cope, although it is being pushed to it's limits- it is currently going through what your mouth endured. Try drinking some water. If it makes you vomit then you should count yourself lucky!
If it stays down then just make sure you have lots of extra soft loo roll...
A painful lesson eh!

Ultimate Guitar Hero!
You should be fine. Although it will have to come out of you one way or another. Try taking some antiacids like tums or pepto bismal. Good luck and dont eat spicy food if you cant handle it. lol. j/k

grapelady911
OH BOY! LOL

Your gonna wish you gotten a JALAPENO ENAMA after your next bowl movement. that would probably feel better than whats brewing in your gut right now!

(¯`v´¯) Nassar
Rating
If you eat a lot at once, then they can be bad for you. But spicy foods are actually good for you if you take a little at a time

Daniel H
Extremely hot (spicy) foods can actually cause blisters and exacerbate ulcers in the stomach. But unless you are having a VERY bad reaction ou probably don't need the E.R.

kittenaround
I think you'll, be fine- though it might hurt and, yes, you might throw up.
A lot of sites say that spicy food has a lot of health benefits. I did find something about getting gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) and ulcers- as well as other health problems at this site: http://www.weightloss-drugstore.info/Spicy-Foods.htm
But that was from regularly eating spicy foods. And there are a lot of cultures that eat spicy food daily and seem to benefit from it. It might hurt you for the next few days, but I think you haven't caused yourself any permanent damage.

?
Rating
you will need flame retardant toilet roll in the morning....good luck

LIPPS
No, I don't think so unless the burning sensation in your a** is more than you can stand. Oh yea, the whole "sh*tting through a screened door" thing could be rather bothersome too but I don't think that will actually harm you. Good luck honey.

bmac
Rating
I can't believe someone said to rush to the hospital. LOLOL How ridiculous. And the hospital would laugh at you for going there after eating too much food.

No, you don't need to go to the hospital. You just need to not eat so much. Unless you already have a bleeding ulcer--it has nothing to do with spice, it's the amount you ate. You just think the spice is what's hurting you because you have indigestion and heartburn. If you had eaten that much of vegetable soup, then you'd be tasting that over and over again, too.
Go get an Alka-Seltzer or some Pepto Bismol. Or, just throw up and get it over with.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy