Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is This A Problem?
So after I lay down or sit for awhile and then get up and start walking my sight goes away and everything turns black and I feel light headed then after a few seconds everything is fine. I am 15 ...

Who does your hair?
I do my hair or i'll get it done by my hairdresser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

I am fixing to have to take a drug test in 1 month. how can i get marijuana out of my system by then?
i have like 1 month before i have to take the drug test. i smoke maybe 1-3 joints a day. I have quit for now. whats the best way to clean my system out?...

What is the tempurature requirement for a urine drug test?

Having trouble sleeping?
i don't want sleeping pills from the drs as they are addictive, are there any natural alternatives available?...

How many bone are thers in human body?

Okay guys, Skinny stupid girls or big smart girls?
It's an age old question in need of some fresh answers. Do you want arm candy or brains?

Pretend that you only have 2 choices: skinny and stupid or big and brainy. Which would you ...

Does an orgasm relieve or cure a headache?

Is it OK to be virgin on 14?

Can this kill you?
taking deep breathes for about twenty seconds, then hold your breath and have somebody push on your chest till u pass out (only for a couple seconds). then a couple seconds later u feel really f**ked ...

How can I keep FLEAS from biting me !?

I eat rocks. Seriously. I enjoy it. Why? Is it wrong? It feels natural. HELP!?
Seriously.... I like eating rocks.... I have rock eating urges. I hear some dogs do it too.

Someone once told me it means I have an iron deficiency, so I now take multivitamines...but ...

Is it true that people with red hair...?
all have red pubir hair?

I heard this at school one day... can this be true?...

Why after workout take a shower?
why need a shower and i want to know need a cold water or hot(mediem) water....

How can one get light fever or just get sick purposely?

Serious question about catching Diarrhea.?
How can I get diarrhea by tomorrow morning?
This is a life and death situation! I need diarrhea or my
future is over!!!...

Need to pull a sickie, any suggestions?
I've got an interview tomorrow and have to take a sickie for it, then a girl is coming up to visit later in the evening and likely stay over so I'll need two days. Anyone got good ...

How do i loose weight with out taking any drug?
i really want to loose weight i m now 50 years old n i m so uneasy to walk so fast n could hardly go for long walk could there any possibility that i m going to loose weight pls help ...

How to stop a cut lip from bleeding?

What are the dangers of having alcohol at 13?!?!?

Additional Details
I didn't. It was my friend. Im not that low....

ceta c
Can U SHRINK As U get OLDER?
my grandma is like 4'11, but she said she was 5'2 when she was young, she said she just 'shrunk'...

So is it true? can people shrink when they reach old age?

i heard b4 its the 'spine' that curves more that makes the old people shrink, but my grandma isn't even HUNCHED-BACK at all ! she has a straight back and good posture, so what is true here? :S

dll_duran
Rating
u dont shrink u just dont get taller unless ur spind bends

coffeecup
Rating
Probably. But people that pass away shrink even more.

AnswerLady
Rating
"it's common for older people to become a little shorter over time. It isn't dramatic or sudden. It takes place over years and may add up to only an inch or so off of their adult height (maybe a little more, maybe less). This kind of shrinking can't be reversed, although people can slow or stop this process. But why does shrinking happen at all?

As people get older, they generally lose some muscle and fat from their bodies as part of the natural aging process. Gravity (that force that keeps your feet on the ground) takes hold, and the disks, or cushions between the bones in the spine, get compressed over time. The back bones, called vertebrae (say: vur-tuh-bray), end up pressing closer together, which makes a person lose a little height and become shorter.

Another reason why some older people shrink is because of osteoporosis (say: oss-tee-oh-puh-ro-sis). Osteoporosis occurs when too much spongy bone tissue (which is found inside of most bones) is broken down and not enough new bone material is made. Over time, bone is said to be lost because it's not being replaced. Bones become smaller and weaker and can easily break if someone with osteoporosis is injured.

Older people - especially women, who generally have smaller and lighter bones to begin with - are more likely to develop osteoporosis. As years go by, a person with osteoporosis can get small breaks in bones that are called compression fractures. These breaks cause collapse of the vertebrae and over time the person with osteoporosis can become hunched over or stooped."

A.L.

Donna
Rating
Yes, I'm a nurse, and most people do shrink, I call it "settling". I'll measure someone, and they swear, I can't be 5'5", I used to be 5'8"..................so, to everyone out there, it is something that very often occurs as you age. Fun, isn't it ~~~

Jon C
Rating
Yes, very true! Try to keep a good amout of calcium in your diet to keep your spine strong and keep your weight in check so that it wont be too heavy on your bones

╚╦Drew╦╝
Yes, people do shrink as they reach old age. I think it has something to do with your bones losing cartilage and therefore becoming smaller.

Deirdre O
Rating
As the body ages the discs, spaces between the vertebrae disintegrate causing a loss of height.

lunatic number 100
Yes, you can because of the force of gravity pushing down on you. This happens as people get older!

?
yes

clowmy
Hi Ceta, Yes,this is true. I used to be 5' 3" i am not 5' 2" and i have no hunch back,but my spine has no curve to it. So you can expected to shrink in size alittle when you become older.
This is the true.

Clowmy

mytwodogs60463
Rating
Yes people do shrink with age.

apache672004
Rating
At 21 i was 6-1 and a half, i am 39 now and stand 6 foot so yes you do shrink as you age.

IWIU
yes

and if you are a guy, you can shrink as you get colder :)

wind it up
yea. older people shrink.

Clown Knows
Yes. Gravity compresses the spine.

Mike M
Rating
yes a cause of this can be bone loss and old age as well

nurse123
Rating
yes, you can shrink as you age...usually people with osteoporosis...and it's caused by tiny fractures in the spine that cause compression and "shortening".

**socal**
Rating
Yes, The spine becomes brittle and you can get tiny fractures in the vertebra which make them compress. -hence, you get shorter!

**socal**

Tigerlillie
Rating
Starting at about age 40, people typically lose about half an inch each decade, with some faster shrinkage after age 70. Senior citizens may shrink as much as three inches.

teeshock
yes everybody shrinks. it's part of the aging process

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy