Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Health
Health Discussion Forum

Whats your phobia?
im terrified of spiders, insects and hate being in small spaces.. i dont like snakes either but on my recent trip to africa near mount kilimanjaro i went to this snake park and held a huge snake ...

Do you sleep with one or two pillows under your head?
I use two, have been for years. I heard a while back this isn't too healthy but have not had any problems so far....

Whats the worst pain ever?
Mine is when I accidently bit tin foil on one of my fillings or catching yourself in your zip....

What are the symptoms that usually distinguish a headache from a migraine?

How old are you?
Just curious to see what the average is x
Additional Details
I'm 23 - 24 in ...

How do you wish to Die?

Is your belly button an "innie" or and "outie?"?

Has anyone read or heard on the news about the 42 stone woman?
Does anyone else think it is out of order that she is blaming the NHS for her obesity, even though they funded her care in the priory to treat her over-eating, and she refused help from the local ...

Whats the best way to get some sleep when you have a tickly cough?

If you smoke weed, does your brain cells grow back?
someone told me it does..but i looked ont he internet and nothing came up?...

What time do you normally go to bed?

Should I have a bath?

Marijuana?
is marijuana really that bad for you? the media projects this image that marijuana is like a "killer drug" which im not so sure about...ive heard its even kinda good for you. basically ...

Can someone help me find a good pillow?
I have neck pain and my muscles are always sore and stiff, especially in the morning. I bought one of those Tony Little micro something or other pillows, I am very disappointed in it and I spent 40 ...

I need to take a drug test in 2 days. I'm a heavy marijuana smoker. Any suggestions on how I can pass?
It's going to be a urine test, which really isn't that hard to pass. But drinking too much water dilutes urine. I need something that's either going to cover up the toxins or get them ...

What if the judge forgot to write down you were suppose to be on house arrest?

Why do we itch?!?
just wondered........

What is the best way to cure a hang-over?

Whats the best way to die?
what do u ...

Should fat people be allowed to go to the pool?

colleenp321
Can Lasik surgery accomplish correction for both distance and near sightedness?

Large2
Rating
No. I dont think so.

Girly♥
yes, it can i heard it works really good.

bobo
just get contacts
there cheap and work fine
i get disposable for very cheap prices
and it works out for me
but

lasik does correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness tho

Sky
There is a separate surgery for the nearsightedness.

bmwdriver11
Rating
Its amazing how some folks will answer some of these questions with bad/old information. As some other answerers have said, yes, it corrects both, as well as astigmatism. My wife had all 3 corrected last year via Lasik, and it went great, she hasnt had any problem at all- and she had horrible sight and astigmatism since about the age of 2 or so, she was one of those tiny kids you see in glasses. Now she's 20/20. And she's never regretted it for an instant.

cantstopicon
mayyyyybe

bubblebabe411
Rating
ya!!!!!!!!!

chelle
Rating
It can do both

mcascadd
Lasik corrected my short sighteness, if that's a word. And it is fantastic - it's the best thing I ever did, even if it was EXTREMELY uncomfortable when it's first done!! I'm pretty sure it does long sight too, but it's used more for short sight, as far as I am aware

Hope that helped!

gr33n_3y3d_grrl
Rating
You do need to find out more. It works for both short and longsighted vision, but there has been known problems after surgery such as blurry vision that cannot be corrected. (not many people suffer from this, check with your doctor.)

thegrinningwolf
Definitely both but they charge a bit more for people with astigmatism. :(

Can't wait to afford it myself. (about 1200 per eye)

TGW

fffrrreeeddd
Rating
Lasik is only for nearsighted people. They tell you that over age 40 for men - you may still require reading glasses after you have had Lasik done. But ask anyone who had it - it is GREAT!!!

carsons
no i believe its only distance

frederickmain
yes i just had it done

kaydee.
YES, BECAUSE MY MOM HAD iT DONE AND SHE HAD BOTH AND iT CORRECGTED iT B UT SHE WiLL HAVE TO WEAR READiNG GLASSES.

jsalsr
yes and yes, but near sightedness loss occuors natuarlly. so, you'll need reading glasses eventually.

Sammie Jo
yes, my dad got it done when he was a optician, and he says its great to have but u have to have drops almost everyday

miss_louisana_2005
been looking into ask lately and I believe it's primary purpose is for nearsighted (or folks you can't see very far) vision.
Don't quote me. You can use that link to learn more.

Source(s):

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/lasik/

icanonlyimagine
my stepbrother had lasik and 3(if that many) months later, he had to start wearing glasses again.
another downside is that it is expensive i think his surgery costed like $1200 per eye

Padders
It did for me.

Bernadette
I've heard it can correct both, but probably you could find more information about it at this website.

curious me
Rating
One of our neighbors had the procedure done. They corrected one eye for far sight and the other for near sight, does that make sense to you. He said they told him his eyes would adjust and he would learn to use the eye he needed when it was needed and it cost alot of money. Now he doesn't have to wear bifocals

crazylakeview
Rating
I would say only a licensed optometrist could answer that for you. When it comes to your eye sight, I would only trust a reputable optician.

leonid
Rating
It corrected my shortsightedness and severe astigmatism.
I suppose it can correct farsightedness as well.

laurelflaurelf
been there, done that. i had the old surgery where they removed my lens in both eyes and was NOT satisfied with it. Nowadays they have new and improved techniques. I was so very nearsighted, i had cataract surgery cuz they couldnt do anything else at that time ( about 9 years ago )
I just had lens replacement surgery, not the Lasik everyone talks about these days. However, I need glasses for reading and also have to get my new lenses 'cleaned' as they get fogged up a lot. good luck kiddo!!! i do recommend it.

[//S U M pieces 4 1 X x]
Rating
Yes it can because I have done research for my self into getting it and I found out that it is for both.

feredun_azeri
Rating
yeah itmay but it depends on the surgeon and equipment

momstaxi33
Yes it can. It can also correct astigmatism. I was near sighted & had astigmatism. Lasik done in 2003. It has been wonderful. I wore glasses or contacts for over 30 years. My allergies had gotten so bad I had to go back to glasses. This is not that expensive if you look at it over a period of time. I know in the previous 3 years I had spent close to $900 on glasses. I went to The Lasik Institute in Columbus OH. Dr. Berger was great. I looked into it very well, checking the medical boards for the states he operated in etc., before opting to have this procedure done. I spent around $1100. total for both eyes.
GOOD LUCK

terterryterter
Rating
I believe it depends on what is causing the vision problem. What Lasic does to correct your vision is this.

Due to the cornea being out of round, the eyes does not process the incoming light correctly. Your vision is worse the worse out of round the cornea. This opperation was, and still is in some place, done with a scalpal. the goal is to slice through the fine, filaments I'll call them, that are pulling too tightly. as the tiny incitions slice minute amounts of the filaments, the remaining ones can't hold up and they begin to stretch. This allows the cornea to ease back into an, as perfect as possible circle, thus restoring your vision. There can be one drawback, whereas you may never have had to wear reading glasses in your old age, there is now the possibility that you will. The guy that wrote about monovision is correct in that I believe it would be better to adjust only one eye and leave the other alone.

I wear one contact and operate in omnivision better than my friends do seeing in stereo vision. The eye with the contact focuses for far sightedness using the other for depth perception and the eye without the contact can focus on nearby things. I can hold a book up to an inch from my nose and see it perfectly and read a street sign from half a block away.

Kent Brewster
Yes. I had one nearsighted (left, 20/1600) and one farsighted (right, 20/10+) eye. Six years ago (age 39) I had them both corrected to 20/20 with Lasik, by Dr. Edward Manche of the Stanford Laser Eye Center, linked below. My right eye has recently begun to drift a tiny bit farsighted again, but the left is holding fine.

Tater Salad
Ive been looking into lasik lately and I believe it's primary purpose is for nearsighted (or folks you can't see very far) vision.
Don't quote me. You can use that link to learn more.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy