Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

My thoat has been very scratchy lately, not a cold, but I work at a call center so i talk a lot. What can I do
I work in a call center so I talk for about 9 hours a day. Lately my voice has been very scratchy.. is there anything specific i can take or do? Also I've noticed more flem too. (gross I know). ...

I am very thin.what diet can add fats to me?

How do I prevent a cold?
earlier today Me and a couple of my friends was smoking weed.One of my friends decides to tell us after we finish smoking that he was sick.I said if I would've known that I would've never ...

Help, Why does my body smell like dead fish?
I am a 31yr old male. I shower twice a day. I dont drink or smoke. I dont take any medication. I dont eat fish or fish oil, but for the last 2 weeks my body has smelled like dead fish. I can also now ...

I got fleas, Help! How do I get rid of them they are NOT lice have had them for two months. Can anyone help?
I got fleas from a friend's dog and now I cannot get rid of them my doctor said to simply wash my hair three times a day for a week well I tried that and now two months later I still have them. H...

Are leg cramps at night from dehydration?

Shuld i try it, my friend says yes.?
My friend wants me to try Speed and Weed at the same time
My friend just said "Yes you shuld, If it ri,es ids gooo*d fo yo, how craze as you to the roken thet wehnt to smoke a weed in the ...

How many hours do you need to sleep?
i hate sleeping and wish i could survive on just 1 hr of sleep
i normally need 6 - 7 hrs of ...

Is afternoon sleep good?

Why are people scared to use prednisone?
I am a girl. I take them for pain in my knees. I have heard people say they wouldn't take them if they were me but I don't understand why....

What is the richest food source of antioxidants?

Nose bleed at young age (11)?
Due to what does it happen? How could you stop it?...

My shoes smell, especially my sandals. How do you get the stank out?
My feet really don't skink but I've got two pairs of sandals that just reek. I've tried washing them. I've tried deodarant but still it remains. Other than buying new sandals ...

How can i stop being so ticklish?
im really ticklish. its a curse. i can even tickle myself. what can i do??
its really embarrassing.

advice please....

Rhumatoid Arthritis (sorry, but can't spell it!) - Advice?
My girlfriend has rheumatoid arthritis (sorry can't spell it!) and was diagnosed with it in her early 30's. She takes a low dosage of medication for it and is ok at the moment, but suffers ...

Ok im about to take a shower and im sunburt bad?
what kind of water should i ...

How do I cut my wrist without getting scarred?
I cut, and don't intend on quitting. I have scars from every time I've cut myself so far. How do avoid scarring when I cut?...

Is smoking weed really that bad for you?
just ...

I'm a smoker. is there any one out there who can give some advice to take away smoking??

What is the best way to fall asleep?

pink
Why do you lose your taste when you have a cold, and how can you get it back?

Steve W
Rating
gargle on bleach usually does it for me

The Love Hormone
the only way to get it back is to pretend or get rid of the cold straight to the source of the problem

tildypops
Rating
Taste & smell go hand in hand.

bluebell
it will come back gradually as you get rid of your cold, happy eating when it does

persephones_beloved
Because a lot of tastes are based on smell, and when you have a cold, your sense of smell is reduced.

What, what, what??
Rating
Have you ever plugged your nose when you were tasting something? Your ability to smell your food is an important part of the tasting part of your digestive system. You will normally get it back when you get rid of your cold.

Charles B
It is because when you have a cold, your sinus are blocked with mucus and as a result can not smell your food, which results in your inability "to taste". After you recover from the cold, your sense of 'taste'/smell will recover.

Spacysam
Rating
When your nose is blocked it stops you from tasting things, so when im taking medicine i dont like i hold my nose so that it doesnt taste on anything...then i quickly put a bit of chocolate and let go on my nose.....all i taste then is chocolate :-)

francie
Rating
you lose your taste when you have a cold because you taste food through your nose as well as your mouth so when your nose is blokedyou lose your taste

Banderes
to do with the nose, we SMELL as much as we taste!

hold your nose and eat food next time your healthy...

amazing! see....

neveranyguilt
Rating
gargle bleach????lol

world traveler
The senses of taste and smell are related. When you can not smell, foods often don't have much of a taste. when you have a cold, your sense of smell is often compromised. Once your sinuses clear up, you will be able to taste again. So rest, drink plenty of fluids, and in a bit you will be better.

Tobias R
Rating
taste is linked to your sense of smell, when your nose is blocked you can only taste salt/ sweet/ sour/ bitter - the taste ability that resides in the tongue. When your nose comes back on line you get the full range back!

tysavage2001
Rating
When the cold goes away, you will get your taste back. Until then, there isn't much you can do. A lot of the ability to taste things has to do with your nose. As long as your nose / and/ or sinisus are blocked up , you won't be able to taste much. Good luck ! :)

Henry
This is because a large part of the "taste" comes in through smell. You need to be able to smell to taste food properly.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy