Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Question about nyquil?
i'm feeling a under weather and have nyquil but not dayquil. will nyquil make me sleepy? i haven't taken any yet, but plan to and just wanted to know if it will make me drowsy...if it does ...

I can never get up early? wat shud i do to get up cheerfully?

18 month baby boy fussy eater?
we are mashing the food, and feeding him with the spoon. He can eat peta bread, Broccli himself with mashing, Any tips to improve his feeding habit, Any good receipies, loosing weight 1.5lb in 8 ...

When I go to the toilet it feels like I'm passing battery and it's very pain full what can be causing it ?

Can anyone help...?
I wonder if anyone can help me at all. My face has been very pale lately (more than usual) and I've been as white as a ghost, does anyone know what this might be? I'm usually quite dark ...

What time does everyone usually go to sleep?
Its 04:27 and im still a wake lol....

How can I overcome fear of swallowing capsules?
I have to take antibiotics prescribed by my dentist-but as pathetic as it sounds-I cannot swallow them0I suffer with a fear of choking-has anyone got any helpful ideas?I know i sound lame-but I ...

My boyfriend says it hurts when he breathes, lays down or sits?
My boyfriend went under a house, (he's a Plumber, locating a leak), and as soon as he laid down he felt this sharp pain in his chest, it hurt so bad that he had to get up and tell the customer ...

Any good advice on stopping smoking........for good?

What is the best way to quit smoking?

How can i prevent sunburn?
i have very fair skin and i hate it! i never ever tan, just burn. i pour almost the whole stupid bottle of sunscreen on my face and nothing works!!!!!!! the burn stays for almost a week and its right ...

If my yogurt expired 3 days ago and i eat it will i get sick?

Am I SURELY going to DIE if I drank 100 cup of coffee everyday?
Well, I used to drink 3-4 cup of coffee. I've stopped drinking it since my body kept shaking and trembling uncontrollably...

What's wrong with me here? Am I going to DIE?...

How do I go to sleep?
I am sleepy...how can I go to sleep? :o)...

Smoking??....?
i am 16 and have never tried a cigarette before...i really want to try ..not because of peer pressure at all i just want to try...but my mum !!! she would kill me
any tips so she wont find out?...

When you quit smoking do you get sick?
my husband and are are quiting and he has a bad cough and stuffy nose.........

What time should be take the vitamin? is it in the morning or night time before sleep?

Does smoking cause lung cancer?

Is medication right for my situation?
My husband is in the military and he's leaving me for 8 months in August. We have 3 small children. I recently started a new job. For the last couple of months I've been having frequent ...

Why smokers keep smoking while they know it is dangerous ??

Cap'n Donna
Why do i have a sore throat every night and in the day time i am fine?
sore throat every night but none in the day time

Andre ... aka kook_car
Rating
!. You might be sleeping with a open mouth, thus drying your throat. Try closing it.

2. The air in your room is too dry. Try adding a humidifier.

PreviouslyChap
You could have an allergen in your bedroom or pillows
Dust
Feathers
Etc...

Doe
Rating
A few people have mentioned allergies, and that could be it. If your nose and sinuses get congested, you won't be able to breathe through your nose at night when you lay down. Then you have to breathe through your mouth, and your throat gets all dried out. This always happens to me when I have a cold.

Megan
Rating
make sure you open your window for some time during the day. Your room needs to air out. Change your pillow and pillowcases. Get an air filterer.

missouriaunt
Rating
You may be sleeping with your mouth open, which will cause your throat to be dry and parched feeling sore when you wake up. If it is B-4 you go to sleep, then it could be your sinuses draining. Mine drain when the weather cools off in the evenings, but during the day I sometimes have to take Sudafed to make them drain, so I don't get all stuffed up. Drainage can make your throat sore, your teeth and mouth to get sore and hurt, and your ears hurt. Solutions: see your family doctor, take an over the counter sinus medication, drink lots of water. Water thins out mucus, and makes drainage much easier.

IMHO
-Do you use mouthwash or something that you don't use in the morning? I used to get that, then I realized I was allergic to green mouthwash. Could be dehydration. Maybe try drinking more water. Do you spend most of your day at home? If you spend it out, then come home at night, perhaps there is just something in the home you are allergic to. (Candles, cleaners, spouse, etc....)
Just kidding with the spouse thing.

lisapj
Rating
Maybe you should see a doctor and if they have no answers then I would eat only organic. I hear of this problem a lot.

Josh S
Could be some mold in the house.

em
Rating
is it every night because if its just a recent thing you could just be getting sick

~miss mississippi~
Rating
This happens to me sometimes, esp when the weather starts to get cooler. You're trying to get an infection. Sore throats are usually worse at night. I started rinsing my mouth with Listerine daily and now it never happens. It has antiseptic in it that kills the germs. It also prevents plaque and gum diseases. The newer flavors are not so bad like original one.

lisalisa
Try getting some moisture into the air in your house. Just put on a huge pot of water and boil it. One at night and one in the morning. I'll bet you will be feeling better soon.

super.lola69
most likely your sinuses are draining while you sleep.

gettinhyphyindabay
do you sleep with the fan on?
because when i sleep with a fan on, i always wake up with a sore throat.
i thinks it because of the cold air.

jurronimo
Rating
Because your room is probably too dry ... try turning on the humidifier for couple of hours or more before you go to bed.

Highbeam
I found that I get the same thing when I sleep with my mouth open. I am a snorer and when I wake up and I have a sore dry throat usually when I have had a bad snoring night. My wife gets mad at me cause she can't sleep. My cure is just gargle some warm water in the morning to get things moving again. You will be ok.

char g
Rating
It is possible that at night you sinuses are draining while you are sleeping. Do you wake up with a sore throat when you first get up? I would go see you family doctor if it continues to happen to you. He should be able to tell you what is wrong.

conradcarriker
Sometimes i would get something similar. It was snoring coupled with what i was taking in - Feather Pillows! Plus sometimes the mattresses i slept on had some junk i was allergic too. Switch it up, sleep on the couch with non allergenic pillows or something.

Hope this helps!

sindi
Rating
possible allergies

Hot Lips 4077
Rating
you might have a mild allergic reaction to something that's in your bedroom--how old and/or dusty are your pillows, how often do you change your sheets, do you spray strong perfume and it lands on the carpet?

in the mean while, it might be as simple as you trying to get a cold but your immune system is fighting well, so that you only feel it when your body is the most tired. take a couple benadryl an hour before bedtime each night and see if that does the trick.

catherinecech@sbcglobal.net
It's sinus drip that runs down the back of your throat. It's caused by the high mold count. You have allergies. Welcome to the club. Gargling with warm salt water with a teaspoon of salt per cup.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, April 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy