Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Why am i always cold?
Even when its really hot im always cold, my family open windows and i have to shut them because i constantly shiver, i dont really understand? does anyone know what could be wrong??...

What doe's D.N.A. stand for?

What is your worst habit?
Be honest.

I pick my nose like I am digging for treasure (in private)....

Is it Possible for a 3 year old to have Migraines??
My 3 year old son is always saying the light hurts his eyes and if the TV is to loud he asks to turn it down.
Additional Details
He is always complaining of a H...

Do you shower before you go to bed or shower in the morning when you wake up?
i like to get into bed clean - so the sheets stay clean - feels great. I hate getting into my clean bed without showering first - especially after being in a pub or other smokey ...

What is the best way to get rid of a stinking hangover?

How to unclogg an ear that has deep ear-wax?
I have ear wax deep inside my ear. Is there OTC medicines that can help to unclogg my ear?...

Why smoke after knowing smoking kills?
Help us, we are discussing that we have only one life why not smoke....

How can I wake up in the morning??? (quickly)?
I am an extremely heavy sleeper. Because of this my alarm clock must ring a couple times before I actually wake up (I turn it off in my sleep). Once I am awake it is hard to get out bed, even if I...

I just took 6 ibuprofens....?
and im perfectly fine..
i've tooken four before and nothing happened
could this affect me in a way of some sort ?...

What happens when you don't sleep?
I am having a problem sleeping lately, and I was wondering what effects it could have on your health?...

What could be wrong?
Im always very weak.i dont eat much though but i hardly get hungry what might be wrong with me??
Additional Details
and i also feel a slight pain in my ...

Help me get to sleep please?
I have real problems dropping off at night - even when I'm shattered. I just can't turn off my internal monologue.
Does anyone know of a good way I can clear my mind?...

Has any one got a tried and tested method to give up smoking without useing patches or visiting the Doctor?

How would you rather die? Scorching heat & fire, or freezing cold & ice?
Have fun....

So yeah,my hairs falling out plus im startin to sleep later then usual,i cry for no reason am i stressed?

Can drinking alot of water clean out your system for a drug test?

I am nauseous and tired all the time, what do I do?
I called my doctor to make an appointment, but the first available one is in August. I'm not throwing up or losing significant weight, but I am miserable. Any suggestions on assuaging my ...

I am too scared to give blood?! What can I do?!?
I have wanted to give blood for some time now, I just hate the thought of a needle going into my vein.

I know I can give blood because as far as I know I have nothing wrong with me, and I ...

What is the best way to get rid of 14 pound weight in 1 week?

robin j
Why do I fall asleep after eating?

cofinz_coldd
Rating
actually after u eat ure body kinda converts the food into energy this process usually takes place while ure asleep so maybe tht might be the reason.

Sky
maybe because you are tired!

niteangelcat
Rating
You probably eat alot and you go into this food coma. It's where the body tells you to rest while it digest your food. It's normal. If you don't like falling asleep after eatting try eatting small amout at a time.

Platobeenz
Because you are a python.

gazza
too full to do anything else so enjoy it

mag200047
Rating
some foods have chemicals in them which blocks chemicals in ur brain

mrcricket1932
Following a good meal, the blood is being directed to the stomach for the digestion process. It would have less need elsewhere so, sleepiness is the result

oye !!
well i will answer ur question only after u answer mine...lol

my question is "y do i feel asleep all the time !!!"" ??? lol
seriously...full day ..i feel sleepy..and even after i sleep..i stillf feel more sleepy... *yaawwn*

Lord Worple
Rating
Because you are human - eating makes humans sleepy.

In the morning, you are, most likely, half awake when you eat; so when you eat you don't notice the topor that sets in.

At lunchtime, though, you do notice the topor. Hence the siesta.

At night, well, who thinks it's odd to get all yawny at night?

hondanut
Rating
because it was a bloody good nosh up!!

Veston Pants
Rating
When we eat a large meal our brain stimulates the production of endorphins. These make one sleepy in the correct amounts after a meal. We feel good and relax.
Interestingly (in very simple terms) massive amounts of these chemicals are released in the brain after ingestion of narcotics such as heroin...you have been warned!!!

connie j
Rating
I believe that all the blood in the body rushes to your stomach area to scoop up all the nutrients to carry it back to the rest of your body. So by nature blood is being pulled from the brain only to come back to give it nutrients. Also you should take some vitamins and minerals on a daily basis along with exercising for at least 30 minutes per day.

lennon
maybe u ate more than ur body required

dj raz
Rating
Because u may be eating unhealthy food a lot

FIONA S
Rating
blood has gone from your brain to digest food.

bex
Rating
Is it possible someone close to you is drugging your food? It's probably someone you least expect....

Vicky
Rating
Because you get tired...

janet
Because after eating blood flow to stomach increases while that to brain decreases which causes sleep

Jeff
Rating
something about blood flowing to the stomach to digest food

mischellebenham
Rating
You fall asleep after eating because your tummy is full and it needs time to digest your food .Its not to comfortable to run around with a full tummy,it is more comfortable to lay down while your body is digesting the food you have eaten. You can eliminate this by not eating so much at one time.
Bonn a pit eat

topdog
cos you eat too much in one meal and probably of the wrong foods

Jillian Day A
Rating
you can look up the info for it on www.webmd.com
maybe they can tell you but i would say that your body is just resting and digesting

May have eaten too much of the wrong food or both. Or simply eating too late in the evening.

wheeze
Rating
your bodies working double time to digest the food which makes u sleepy

angel74
Rating
Because your stomach is full and thats what makes ou tired....

carlos s
Rating
To stop falling asleep, what I did is stop eating bread or pasta foods in the morning or afternoon. for example its like 11:40am and if I eat a two pieces of bread I would fall asleep, change the foods you eat and bam...

rajan
my body sugar level increase.
stomach vessels require extra blood to digest food resulting decrease in blood supply to brain so one feels sleepy

Wisdom
it might be just a bad habit you grew up with, most babies go to sleep after being dried, fed, burped...then they sleep in peace. perhaps you dont have too much of an active lifestyle, so, your body, being accustomed to only basic activities, carries on in that pattern and even though you've now realized that that is not what other people normally do, its not so easy for you to break the pattern?
i dont know much about you, your question is very brief but, perhaps, you should have a small meal and go for a small walk every time you eat something. train yourself to keep your body awake after eating. lots of carbs (bread, cakes, rice, potatoes) slows down the body's metabolism and natural rhythms, cut back on that (dont do a total deprivation so that your body retaliates with rebellion and find yourself back where u started, maybe worse). drink lots of water, 2litres per day on its own helps you to shed weight if u need to and to keep the body's circulation going strong. by the way, when i was a regular gym member (only for 12 years plus) i learnt in all that time that the more regularly you exercise, the more your body is generally alert and awake (yet restful and peaceful at night because exercise helps the body release a natural 'feel good' hormone called endorphins) so if u regularly exercise, it can even help beat depression and lift your moods!
I hope somewhere in amongst all this info, you'll find something useful, take care.

rrrraaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Rating
Because your blood flow is going to ur stomach to digest your food taking it away from the rest of your organs, causing you to become lethargic and sleepy. Its good to sleep after food

redman9250
Your body uses a lot of enegry to break down the food you eat. This is why if you eat a large meal filled with fat you will find yourself very tired afterwards.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy