Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Which is worse: Being Fat or Smoking?
I stopped smoking two weeks ago, but I have gained 7 pounds. Right now I am 5'2" and weigh 189. This puts my BMI at 34.6 (Obese) I am only 30 pounds away from being morbidly obese. I keep ...

Why do i have a hole in my tonsil that gets white stuff in it that smells bad and hurts?
I get this white thing on my tonsil and when i get it out it smells really bad and leaves a hole. I dont know if i should just not worry about it because i went to the doctor and he was just like ...

Will antibiotics cause complications?
I am starting a round of cephalexin, and was planning on attending a suspension event this saturday (body suspension with fishooks.), and was wondering if there were any possible negative reactions ...

What effect does constant alcohol consumption have on the brain?

Sun burn. Is this abnormal?
Yesterday, where I was (geography feildtrip) it was only 'sunny' -without clouds- for around an hour. After about 1/2 hour my skin felt 'burny' (only my arms were exposed) so I ...

Has anyone got a success story for kicking the booze?
It's dawning on me (at last) that I have been drinking too much and for too long. I'm at the stage where I am getting sick of it but find it difficult to stop and often end up drinking more ...

Why do doctors offices ask you to be there 15 minutes before your appointment time?
They NEVER see you ontime. Why cant they use the 15 minutes after your appointment while you are waiting to be seen to get what ever they need? I have been wondering this question for over 30 years! E...

What is the best and easiest way to stop smoking, I need to know, any advice?
I need to stop smoking, is there any easy way, or what is the best way, I've tried for over a year, I've cut down from 4 packs to 2 packs a day, I 've had some minnie strokes, and my ...

Where can I buy ear-plugs?
it may sound a bit dump, but i dont really know where can i buy earplugs, is it in pharmacy store?...

What's happening to me?
This is crazy- Lately I stink all the time. I bathe, I bathe two or three times a day. An hour later I smell horrible. Is this some sort of hormone problem? I've been having hot/cold flashes, my ...

My 'cholestrol' medication, (Pravastatin) has a 'use by' date on the pack. Is it still safe to use after that?

Dizziness and headaches, are they symptoms of any ailment?
also feel tiredness regularly....

My gran used to bight her toe nails and spit them into my grandads dinner after they d been arguing.?
He died a few years later from a blood infection from an ingrowing toe nail. do you think my grans nails did this?...

When you drink too much does anyone else feel this way?
(alcoholic beverages) if ive drank too much i always get too sleepy and i dont want to do anything but sleep and only wakeup until i feel back to normal. this always happens, could this be because i ...

OK so i don't believe in marriage and I'm 14 is this bad?

Additional Details
I dont believe because what does it mean by haveing a ring on your hand to tell the world your mayerd or knowing that you and your love know why do it just so the ...

Death,how do i get over a loved ones death after five years i miss and love him?
how do i get over a loved one death after five ...

Ay i need help.dnt know what to do? i need help NOW?
okk i keep waking up late..around 6pm and then stayin awake till 9am

and i dnt like it

right now its 10:40am

been up all night

and im tired but if i go to ...

When you take charlie how does it make you feel?

Why cant I sleep in on a weekend?
I go to bed at 11pm most nights, I just cant sleep past 7am, as soon as I wake up I have to get up , I try to lie there but cant. I have a fulltime job and worked since I was 16, im now 34 and i'...

Whats the best thing for cracked, chapped lips?
Everytime the weather changes, my lips get chapped. I keep messin with them untill they crack open. HELP ME...

frostymaid2
Why am i always tired? I have no energy and want to sleep, have been to doctors many times to no avail?
I cant sleep at night have no energy and never want to go out. I get up at 6am six days a week as I own a newsagents. I live on the premisis so there is not much privacy. I dont work all day every day. I only do 2 long shifts and have sundays off. I have loads to do but just cant face it. My body hurts most of the time and that in turn gets me down.

Isabelle
Food intolerance - to wheat/gluten or dairy products.
Also depression.

Girl
Same happened with me... could be depression.

Bru
i have the same problem somewhat
since my father is a psychiatrist, i have talked to him
i hav been tryin a medication called Effexor RX (Antidepressant)
i feel like i have alot more energy and not as tired
i dont feel like sleeping in or sleeping early
my daily routin cannot be changed easily too

ask your doctor how to try these weekly samples

blondie
Sounds very much like you're suffering from depression. You should talk to your doctor about it.. it's very common, esp during winter months when we don't get as much sunlight. You're def not alone though and there are loads of options for treatment.. light boxes ( if it is s.a.d.), St. John's Wort, B complex, fish oils will all help or anti-depressants, therapy. etc Hope you feel better soon and good luck.

Jenny
Rating
Classic signs of stress and depression. Get more exersize....the best medicine for stress reduction and fighting fatigue. But it sounds as if this will be a problem, as ou are having trouble getting out. So.... You will most definately benefit, as well as I from B-vitamins bought from your local Pharmacy. I use them, and get tons of energy. The only thing is to eat first, or You might get irratible when they wear off. Meditation & Yoga helped Me feel like a brand-new person (when I went!!!) Seek professional advice, as You probably need an anti-depressant. Noone wants to admit depression, as it seems like You have a flaw, but left untreated, can make you suicidal, angry all the time, resentful, ect...and Just take it from Me, nip this stuff in the bud now or You will suffer greatly on the long-term!!! Therapy too. Best of luck, I will pray for You!!!!!! Jenny in Michigan

Sluugy
Rating
I used to be like that. Started exercising & eating fruit&veg. A few weeks later I found I had a lot more energy.

The docotor won't do anything - all they'll do is say you shouldn't be getting up so early for 6 days a week.

Nigi-magic
If you own it give yourself some time off! maybe a break is what you need!

good luck

Del
Rating
Well, as you can clearly see by the answers,
there are many reasons for your problem!
You need to narrow it down a bit more!
There are good answers here!
The one from the nurse is very good.
Do you have trouble sleeping?
You may want to address that first?
Prepare yourself for a good nights sleep!
Some hot tea, a hot bath, and getting to bed at a reasonable time, allowing yourself at least 8 hours of rest should help!
Your body needs at least 5 hours of REM sleep to properly restore it's self, if you don't get that? Your system will simply take it!
Leaving you very tired during the day!
Try some deep breathing excersises before bedtime!
Keep your body properly hydrated!
Drink Pure Water, not soda or juice, and obviously, avoid caffine at night!
IF you smoke? STOP IT NOW,
That's just stupid, and all these answers are in vain.
Organize your work so you have a stopping point and you don't worry about what you should have done.
Organization is the key for many things.
If your not on a daily vitamin regiment?
You should be!
Especially if you don't eat properly.
Don't eat heavy meals at night!
It's best to eat light meals every 2-3 hours,
and don't eat after 7:00 pm.
This should help to keep your sugar level even.
Without knowing what kind of physical health your in? your age or medical history?
It's like walking through fog trying to help you!
No one can really give you one single answer, Only make suggestions.
I'm a registered Massage Therapist, so naturally I'm going to tell you that getting a massage would also be something that will help, especially after work, to help you end the day!
There are too many factors to give you one good answer, without knowing more about you.
The One liner answer? See a doctor, get on a good vitamin plan, get the proper sleep, and try to relax at night.
But then you knew all this..right?

Huge
You need exercise outside of the work environment. Make a point of going out, start with just a long walk somewhere nice. Then progress to other social activities - joint the local sport facilities

minx
You definitely need to go see a naturopath, bad dietary habits??? You're probably not getting enough vitamins and minerals in your body to do anything efficiently...............Please have more respect for your body.........you, after all, have to live there, make it enjoyable!!!.............Go to chemist and buy up on Vit.A., Vit.C., Vit.D., Calcium tablets, Multivitamin B complex, Vit.E. then go see the Naturopath pronto........:)

lynnabugg
Has your doctor discussed depression with you? Fatique and achiness are some of the symptoms.

kinacl
I'm a nurse. I think you should see another doctor, something is wrong. It could be you need vitamins (it sounds like an iron deficiency). Try taking OTC iron pills and switch shifts. Your body probably can't handle you work plan.Take care.

Chuck
possible depression...

newromanticmum
Have you had blood tests done? Particularly for aenemia and underactive thyroid? If not,please go back to the doctor and request these blood tests.

TPhi
Rating
Hmmmm..... have you ever researched the possibility of fibromyalgia? A lot of doctors don't really know how to treat it, but I have heard that certain vitaimin supplements can help the condition. If I were you, I'd research it until I found some answers or possibilities. Talk to your doctor about it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy