Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Help please (10 points best answer) it has been 5 days since i smoked?
it has been 5 days since i somked and i just found a great job but at the last minute they told me i had to take a drug urine test are there any hoem remedies i can use to clean my urine just for ...

How can improve my eyesight, because I do not want to wear glasses or lances. But my eyesight is too weak.Help
I am a student at BHU, my eyesight is too weak, but I am not wearing any glasses or lences. I get headache also when I attend long classes or spending time with computer. I want to regain my ...

So i am 14 and smoke is that so bad?

I get to have 4 wisdome teeth pulled out in about 2 weeks...?
When getting wisdom teeth pulled out is it better to go completely under or just the regular gas stuff? I think im gonna have to have 2 cut out and the other 2 pulled out. What do u think is the best ...

Does locking your knees while standing cause fainting spells?

What is the meaning of abstinance?

Why do nurses think their patients need to be in bed at night?
Im a student nurse recently I came across a man who wanted to sleep in a chair. this was a big issue as it was night time he had to say in bed why?...

Is there any way of getting rid of a cold more quickly?
I've got a bad cold with shivers and a sore throat and achiness, and as I'm a temp I dont get paid unless I'm at work, plus I have got plans this weekend that I dont want to cancel - ...

I dont know why I bite my nails, but I do. I want to stop please please help me!?
I dont know what to do anymore. I alwyas bite my nails, and I dont know why. Its like second nature to me, please if anyone knows how to end this, please help. I am not under alot of stress, and I...

How can I help my 9 1/2 year old daughter gain weight?
My daughter has a high metabolism. She's about 4 ft 1 and 56 pounds. Everything else is fine with her health. I was wondering what I should to to help her gain weight in a healthy way? I don'...

This is a serious question?
i drink nothing but water all day evreyday - trying loose weight...anyways; before my urine was always clear but lately it has been getting darker and darker yellow...is something wrong? i have no ...

I keep finding itchy bite on my foot when I wake up in the morning.?
It swells up to pea size and it's very itchy, but I only get it sometimes. Can it be flea? I don't think it's flea, because then it would come out in a rash. What could it be?...

Is it safe to smoke one cigarette a day?

Headaches every day for the last 4 months?
What are the best tablets to take? Have been taking 8/500mg Co-Codamol but they just don't work. I end up having to just go to sleep when I get them because it's torture staying awake with ...

How can I get to sleep at night?
I often have trouble sleeping at night because I tend to start worrying or thinking about bad things, my mind races and I find it hard to focus on anything that might relax me, instead anxieties and ...

I quit smoking April 19 and my brain feels like marbles. I have no short term memory or concentration anymore
is this from quitting smoking? Does it go away? I smoked for 27 years.
Additional Details
I quit smoking cigarettes!!!!!!!...

I need sleep?
Got lot on my mind and feel I don't ever get restful and refreshing sleep. What can I do?...

I can't fall asleep at night!?
It is really hard for me to fall asleep at night. I'll lay there for the longest time and never fall asleep. Last night, I'll laid down at 9:45 and I didn't fall asleep until 12:30. ...

One choice only?
Be absolutley honest please

If a very close relative of yours had to be adicted to alcohol or smoking, which would you choose?
Additional Details
Some people have said they ...

HELP! I have a really bad stomache ache?
I have a really bad stomache ache, but I don't know what its from. I don't think I'm hungry because I just ate, and its not the food that made me sick because I had the stomache ache ...

Joe Mama
When you get strep throat, do you feel really sick or is it just a nuisance (minor soarness in throat)?

Additional Details
It just feels really hard to swallow. Otherwise I feel fine.

aggie
You feel sick. Strep throat is nothing to mess with. It can actually lead to Rheumatic fever and endocarditis. (Inner heart infection.)
Have it checked. Better safe than sorry.

PreviouslyChap
Usually it is a really bad sore throat, one that makes you not even want to swallow that is caused by strep throat.

SwEeT-As-cAnDy
I feel really sick!! ;(

mommyaf
Rating
you would get a high fever and chills and feel really sick for a couple of days. and it feels like you have a frog stuck on your throat. If you had strep you would see white spots on the back of your throat.

DJ
I had it last year.. you do eventually feel really sick. I started off with just a scratchy throat, coughing at first, then you get to the point where you just can't swallow anymore. My head started to hurt and you just want to stay in bed.. voice crackles too.

My doctor prescribed penicillin and a green liquid that you gargle with to help with getting rid of the phlegm. Talk to your doctor (whether it be a walk-in clinic or otherwise) and get them to decide what meds you should take. If it's in the early stages, you can nip it in the butt before it gets any worse.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

chicki_chicki8
you feel kind of nocess som times and u dont want to eat because it hurts to swallow

my two cents
Rating
When I had it I was sicker than a dog! I had a temp of 104 and I could barely swallow the saliva in my mouth. I just laid down on the sofa and used a wash cloth to catch the drool...It was NO fun!

Jessica
For strep I could not swallow and it was extremely painful, and I had a high fever.

Somethingsomeone
As far as I know, symptoms are usually a very swollen throat, painful swallowing, and sometimes symptoms related to a nasal infection. If you're feeling sick to your stomach, it could be from mucus running down your throat and into your stomach, thus upsetting it.

kvn_klng
I have had strep throat several times. It starts out as you say but it will get lots worse and is very painful. ( will dread swallowing) gargle with salt water and see a dock if you feel worse or start running a fever. Feel better soon Good Luck.

me w
Rating
The first time I contracted strep throat, I was so sick I thought they were lying when they said I "only" had strep. I could not even drive myself to the med. appointment. I was sure I had the bird flu or plague! It started with a sore throat and swollen glands, then came the fever and body aches, then I had nausea.... So now if I start getting a sore or scratchy throat I immediately get a culture so that I can take care of it before I get into the death stages. It does vary from person to person, my daughter has had but does not get as sick.

Becky H
Rating
It depends on the person. I had strep throat and it was just a really bad sore throat with a fever. I've also seen people get it and have extremely bad headaches, vomitting, and really high fevers. In either case you should go to the doctor. Strep can be nasty and cause permenant damage to glands and doesn't go away on its own. It is also HIGHLY contagious. So be kind to those around you if you suspect that you have it and get checked out. 24 hours on antibiotics and you are no longer contagious.

Buzz s
Rating
How sick are you? If you have a bad case, you are very sick. If it is a light case, the fever may be all you experience.

nvvlewis
Rating
hey joe ive had strep throat my entire life at least once a year.first u start off with a sore throat and it gets really red and swollen then you get whitle pumps in the glands that make it impossible to swallow then it proceds to give you a high fever and very achey bones.I usually end up going to the er and getting antibiodics and pain meds so i can swallow at least something to drink.you need to be very carful because it can enter other parts of your body if not taken care of correctly and people have passed on from it.if you get any worse go see your dr and get an antibiodic hope u feel better soon

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy