Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

When do we stop growing?
im 19 and onlt 5'2. i want to be 5 '7. my dad is 6'1 and my mom is 5 feet..is there any hope for me?? help!!...

Health insurance?
I've just turned eighteen and I have no health insurance, but I don't have a ton of money to pay for it. I've been having heart problems recently and I'm very afraid that my ...

How do i find out what blood type i am?
my parents dont know (they forgot), and i dont have any document that says what type i am. which document should i ask my grandparents for? i really dont want to find out the hard way (i hate thick ...

Do people swallow while sleeping?
I know that I drool on my pillow while sleeping on my side but what about when I'm on my back, do I swallow in my sleep?...

Do you get enough sleep?
What keeps you awake?

Why do we differ in how much sleep we need?

Do you wake long before the alarm goes off?

Do you go off as soon as your head touches the pillow?...

What is it when the moon goes in front of sun collips how do you spell it?

I am new to this and am already addicted!!!?
Why is that? HELP!!!...

Do you get scared on your own in a house at night?
I do, not all the time but I usually have to watch funny films and distract myselt- it's very annoying!...

Hiccups help?
whats the best way to get rid of hiccups? i am prone to them so need a lot of help ...

I sweat ALOT on my hands and underarms . deoderent does not work?
when im in school, i have HUGEEE sweat marks under my armpits, everyday, all day. and it is really noticeable. how can i fix this problem ? should i see a doctor
Additional Details
thank ...

How can an unattractive person find love and a fulfilling physical relationship?
I'm a 56 - year old man. While I am well-liked as a friend among the ladies, no one seems to want to get any closer than that. Any ideas on how I can deal with this?
Additional Details<...

How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

Why is my heart beating so fast?
over 7 weeks ago i started suffering with panic/anxiety attacks but i have not had one in over 4 weeks now but 2 days ago i was just about to go to sleep wen my heart starting to beat really fast i ...

What happens to a fart if you dont let it out?

I may have stepped on a crack in the pavement today. Is that a valid excuse for not going to work tomorrow ?

What happens when you pass wind in a vacum?

Is anyone trying to quit smoking? Any tricks? I have especialy hard time when i'm upset, or on break at work
Does anyone have ideas on how to keep my mind off cigarettes, or anything else to do in place of smoking?...

Fat, frumpy, 50, depressed female?
find it difficult to diet, to tired to excersize, love food, drink beer, busy social life, going downhill rapidly, what can i do apart from shoot myself, have lovely kids and grandkids to live for....

I will quit smoking in approx. 1 hour?
when i go to bed. I have planned this for a while and I have nicotine patches at the ready. I stopped drinking alcohol 6 months ago so I have will power but I know this will be really tough as I used ...

I threw up and it burned my throat and my tounge, some got on my hand and my hand is burning too, is this bad?
i was nauseous all day today and when i got home i threw up. when i threw up it was burning my throat and tounge really bad, its only been 15 minutes after i threw up and its still burning, it feel ...

Dee
What products can I take to be able to use the bathroom regularly?
I'd like to be able to go more than every two days. Sorry to gross out anybody.

Christopher A
Rating
Check your diet, see a doctor, take a safe mild laxative.

Kurtis A
Rating
x-lax

anticone
Rating
Try some cocaine. Just kiddin'. Prune juice kiddo.

catschll
Stay away from fatty food. Eat more vegetables. Also there is this stuff called Colon Cleanse that is suppose to be real good.

Janice M
Rating
While most likley this is nothing serious, you may want to talk to your docotor about this. Sometimes thyroid disease, irritable bowel diesease, or a medication you are taking can cause it.

If this is not the case, then you may want to evaluate you diet. Sometimes you need to drink more water. Sometimes, as with people who are strictly on the Atkins diet, you may not get enought fiber. Eating more fruit and vegatables will help. Whole grains and beans may also help. Also exercise may help, as standing up and moving helps gravity help you.

If this doesn't help you then may want metamuicil or some other fiber based laxitive. Just make sure you drink enough water with it. Otherwise it will worsen the constipation.

After that a pill called docusate is a stool softener. It's not a true laxitive, but it makes the stool softer and easier to come out.

Then, if these fail, consider take laxitives. However, I would not suggest you schedule these regularly. Lactulose, Sorbitol and milk of magnesia are good. However, depending on you medical conditions there may be reasons to pick one over the other. For example, milk of magnesia is not good if you have kidney disease because the magnesium can build up. Senna (Sennacot) and Bisacodyl stimulate the bowels to move and are powerful. However, your bowels can become dependant on them so you should not take them every day.

Again, even though some of these are over the counter, I again would not suggest taking a laxitive regularly without talking to your doctor first.

Below I have also included a link from the NIH on constipation
http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/constipation/

I hope it help.

p.s. the spell checker doesn't work, so I am sorry about any words that may be spelled wrong,

Tapestry6
chocolate is a natural laxative

ebush73
Metamucil - A healthy fiber choice

Me
Rating
Fiber. Such as miniwheats, they make fiber pills, powder to mix into your drink, prunes, and eat healthy. Good Luck

?
Rating
prune juice

kitchenchemist
Rating
Drink more water. Try a bowl of cornflakes in the evening as a bedtime snack every day. yes, with milk. And eat more roughage foods, Whole grains and stuff. Coffee in the morning does it for me. Dried fruits are known for their power and yogurt everyday for two weeks containing acidophiles will set your bowels on track. Happy crappin'

rosecitylady
Rating
I've found a product called Benefibre to be very effective. I follow the directions and mix it with water, and it has no taste whatsoever! You can put it in juice or coffee or any other liquid you like. Good luck, I know what it's like to be "stopped up".

Dean A
exlax, comes in different flavours now, for fun disolve into brownie batter and make brownies, give to friends

boopie240
The best thing out there i think is fybogel. they are sachets of an orange drink that you mix with water and they have gritty bits in. This will not give you diarrheoa but will make you regular. they need a few days to get into your system though

hallie
Try adding more fiber or drinking prune juice

joaniehoughton
Rating
At one time I had the same problem but my aunt told me as soon I was awake and went into the kitchen to fix myself a cup of warm to mildly hot water and drink it every morning. I have now done this for a couple of years and it really works. Shortly after I drink my water I go to the bathroom. It took about a week for it to start working but now I go every morning and sometimes a couple of times a day.

DNA
You'd be better off changing your diet, than adding a pill. However, if you want a pill just get a fiber supplement.

I would recommend adding walnuts or almonds to cereal in the morning. Raw organic apple cider vinegar works well too. You just put 2 teaspoons in a glass of water or other drink (I use ice tea) You drink it before a meal.

Drinking more water and exercising can help too. Fruits can also help.

Stephanie D
Rating
Dulcolax is good to help you go. Or you can just make sure you get enough fiber. Like fiberchoice mix or something.

Leah
Laxatives and food rich in fiber if you mean to poop. For urinating, drink more water. Pooping naturally can be every 2 days, but if you're only peeing every other day, you may need to see a doctor (if drinking more doesnt help).

sam
Rating
consult ur dr, not every lax are safe, and those over the counter doesn't really work. lax have their really really really bad side effect, it can makes you so dependent on them, or in best, going at times you dont' really want to be going (intimate moments are classic example).

best remedy to be taken safely: lots and lots of water, it soften the existent bulk and makes u go more often. to create more bulk focus on fibers (READ THE LABEL PLEASE), lots of vegi and fruits are the key.. also cereals muesli etc. oh, and those safe bacteria in yougurts and milk works magic too...

good luck :)..

Frank
Rating
Metamucil or another fiber rich drink

More Ovaltine please!

MOM KNOWS EVERYTHING
Rating
try adding natural fiber to your diet. Eat more fruit and raw vegetables. Prunes are a good old standby for this purpose. But "going" every two days could be perfectly normal for you. You shouldn't worry too much about it. And DON'T start taking laxatives---your body can grow dependent on them, and then you WILL have a problem. Right now, I don't think you do. Get a thorough physical just to be sure.

bluepinktidbit
Rating
you could drink cranberry or prune juice

mpgodin
Rating
Metamucil works great

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, April 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy