Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

What's wrong with me? Why am I sleeping so much?
I probably sleep between 5 and 7 hours a night during the week and 7 to 8 hours a night on weekends, but I find myself taking absurdly long naps on weekends, too, like anywhere from six to nine hour ...

Am I of Average height?
I'm 13 years old and 5'4". Would you say that I'm a good height for my age?
Additional Details
I'm a boy, so i guess thats good?...

Is it possible to get s good night sleep on a single bed?
coz ma back hurts like hell and i constantly fall out of the bed in the middle of the night....

Is virginity so important?
Now, for real!I'm 15 and I always hear about kids my age loosing their virginity as it wouldn't even matter...I know it's something new and maybe very nice, but I think it's too ...

I cant sleep :[?
im 13 and i have trouble sleeping.
what should i do?
besides drink warm milk and sleeping pills.
Additional Details
i said BESIDES sleeping pills and warm milk
which means ...

How long have you stopped smoking?

How do you fall asleep when you are not tired?
any ideas?...

OMG HELP ME..ANYONE HERE EVER SWALLOWED SOMETHING...that they didnt mean to?
am 23 years old&a frequent nail biter!I have recently been wearing acrylic nails to help me to keep from biting!This morning,I woke up with a pain in my throat(like something I swallowed,didnt go ...

Weird Headache?
Every once in a while, I get this weird headache. It starts out with spots before my eyes, almost as if I have looked at something bright for a while. Then, where those spots are, everything starts ...

Lately i havent been able 2 sleep very well does aybody hav any ideas how 2 help?

I'm going to be spending 90 days in jail, why are people telling me not to drop the soap?
Is there fungus on the floor? Is it bad soap? What's the deal?...

I am REALLY stressed out!...?
ok, so i have lots of things to do for school, and there is this one particular project which stresses me out a lot! i am usually a very stressed-out girl, and it is starting to really affect me, ...

Do u think drinkin alachol every weekend is really really bad?
i dont want the whole 'parent' speech!!

im just curious because i go out drinkin every weekend and i know its not good for you but i actually dont know how bad it truely is!!? ( ...

Are you allowed to go to school if you have head lice?
There is a girl in my form and she has a serious case of lice and people have said to her that she has lice and the form teacher has told her parents. After her parents found out she came in to ...

How does an eye become "lazy"?

I can't seem to get restful sleep?
I go to sleep every night no later than ten pm, wake every day like clockwork at five am. It seems that nomatter how much or little sleep I get I am always tired.I have tried tea, herbs, holistic ...

Anyone know how to stop twitching?
I been twitching a lot and it makes me mad. I wanna blink normal i dont like twitching. I dont even know how twitching started. I dont play computer or games a lot so i dunno how i got it.. Anyone ...

What kind of doctor would you see to check out a suspicious looking mole?
My husband has a horrible looking mole on his back. I am scared it will be malignant. Do we see a dermatologist for that, or another kind of doctor??
Additional Details
We are new in ...

Drug test at 8;30 am?
i need things that i would have at home to help pass a drug test for tom at 8:30 am.

I don't smoke often and the last time i did was Friday around 3pm

Help Please i know ...

Is Drinking Nyquil before bed considered substance abuse?
I have an on going debate with my girlfriend about this. Here's the argument:

She say's that its considered substance abuse when you take Nyquil when you ARE NOT sick and are ...

seetohmk
What is the normal body temperature of a child and a adult?

Rating
Yes, I think everyone is almost right, but I'm pretty sure that kids are cooler because of the lower altitude. lol...just kidding.

Beth
Rating
I just argued with someone this subject today. Mine is always 97.5 and both my daughters are the same. I think the whole 98.6 thing just may be wrong. My doctor said that my low body temp had to do with the fact that my blood pressure is low as well, normally 80 something of 60 something.

Joel R

Beano4aReason

DanE
Most people think of a "normal" body temperature as an oral temperature of 98.6 �F(37 �C). This is an average of normal body temperatures. Your temperature may actually be 1�F (0.6�C) or more above or below 98.6 �F(37 �C). Also, your normal body temperature changes by as much as 1�F (0.6�C) throughout the day, depending on how active you are and the time of day. Body temperature is very sensitive to hormone levels and may be higher or lower when a woman is ovulating or having her menstrual period.

Children whose temperatures are lower than 102 degrees Fahrenheit (38.9 degrees Celsius) usually don't require medication, unless they're uncomfortable. There's one important exception to this rule: If you have an infant 3 months or younger with a rectal temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius) or higher, call your baby's doctor or go to the emergency department. Even a slight fever can be a sign of a potentially serious infection in very young infants.

For older children, take behavior and activity level into account. By watching how your child behaves, you can get a pretty good idea as to whether he or she has a minor illness or needs to be seen by a doctor.

How Do I Know if My Child Has a Fever?

A gentle kiss on the forehead or a hand placed lightly on your child's skin is often enough to tell that your child has a fever. However, this method of taking a temperature (called tactile temperature) is dependent on the person doing the feeling and doesn't give an accurate measure of a child's temperature.

By using a reliable thermometer, you can tell if your child has a fever if his or her temperature is at or higher than one of the following levels:

* 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius) measured rectally (in the bottom)
* 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit (37.5 degrees Celsius) measured orally (in the mouth)
* 99 degrees Fahrenheit (37.2 degrees Celsius) measured in an axillary position (under the arm)

marshal m
Around 37Celsius.

pinky
Rating
37 celcius i think

stephenl1950
Average is 98.6, but normal varies from person to person. It can varie about 1.5 degree.

PreviouslyChap
Average 98.6
It is the same for child and adults.

boo
Rating
The average temperature for an adult and a child orally is 98.6 degrees F. A childs temperature usually rises and falls quite often because of skin sensitivity and unfully developed hypothalmus regulation(Which controls temperature).

Gina
98.6 for both

ChatNoir
Rating
body temperature can very between 95 and 99 degrees, it just depends on the person, that's all.. i usually run pretty cool at around 96 degrees

veteranpainter
An adult will have a normal temp of 98.6, if there's any variation, it will be lower...97.7,97.8,97.9. On the other hand, a baby, or toddler can be right as rain, at 98.8,98.9,99.0,99.1, is not uncommon........................LATER......

Neptune2bsure
Rating
98.6 for adult babies usually run higher and it depends how you take the temperature, I would be concerned with anything over 100 degrees.

jasmine a
they are the same-98.6 hope this helps.

nomywayhome

clyde0523
average body temperature for an adult is 98.6, but i can very from as low as 97.0 to as high as 99.7, for a child it is slightly different, as low as 97.2 and as high as 99.2

KnowhereMan
98.6 º F.

(:♥TayLee♥:)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy