Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

What could I have?
I have hugely swollen glands in my neck, and unbelievably sore throat, a now a weird red rash like sunburn all over my throat and torso.

It's only day 2 but should I go and see the ...

Boyfriend smokes cigarettes weekly, advice to help him quit?
My boyfriend has socially smoked for a few years, but when we began dating he quit because I loathe smoking. After a few months, and a few stressful incidents, he started smoking when he's ...

Why do people bite their lip?

I occasionaly black out when i stand up...?
its been happening for as long as i can remember. as of late its gotten a little bit worse. i'l be sitting down even for only 10 minutes or so and then stand up and start walking. sometimes it ...

Can I stop taking xanax cold turkey after one month of taking it?
I have been having horrible insomnia for about a month now, i feel like a different person. I find myself becoming depressed because of lack of sleep. Usually i only get 2 - 3 hrs a night, a lucky ...

Help me please I really need your advice and input on this issue??
My husband came home from work this evening upset because I was wearing a red lingerie instead of his favorite black one. He got so mad at me that he threw a bucket of scolding hot boiling water in ...

My lips always split at the corners and can stay that way for months, anyone got a cure?
My lips spilt at the corners and then begin to heal and then split again and so on. This can last for months and does not look that attractive! Ive been to the dr but they never give me anything that ...

O,k, kinda weird but why do I feel like doing a poo every time I smoke a cigarette?
I'v just started smoking about 3 weeks ago, every time I have one I feel like I want to poop lol
is this normal?
I only smoke like 2 cigs a day
Additional Details
andy t- T...

Why do the palms of my hands and the bottom of my feet sometimes itch a lot?
Sometimes, I get this bad itching on the palms of my hands and on the bottom of my feet. I scratch the palms with my teeth, that's how bad it gets. And when the bottom of my feet itch. I have to ...

Which do you care more about: having a clean face or having clean teeth?
I don't know, just wondering....

How long can a human go without food or water?

Why are people saying I won't be a dentist?
I'm smart. I finished a communnity collage and I have a lot going for myself. Yet people in here bring me down! WHY? I'm going to be a dentist as I am ...

Is anyone else feeling tired?

I am 14 and i'm a smoker wat will happen to me in a few years???
i smoked at 13 i only smoke 3 cigs a day in the morning in afternoon. at night when im about to ...

What causes a sore wrist when using computer?
what can you do to prevent it?
Additional Details
murphy 33 i looked up frazzles to see what they were , and i dont know if you can still get them but m and s does similar....

What is the name of the thing they use in a vein so they can put in medicine when they need to?
I'm in the process of writing a novel and one of my characters has a stress test. Before the actual test, they put something in the vein so during the test when the heart rate reaches a certain ...

I think I have a canker sore on the inside of my bottom lip. What caused it?
I smoked a cigarette and didn't brush my teeth for a whole day; the next day I had this sore. The reason I didn't brush is because I was recovering from jetlag and was sleeping all day. <...

Can a doctor do anything if they find THC in my system?
First off,i am 18. I have to have a physical done in about 2 weeks and I'm not sure i it is enough time to get it out of my system. Also,I'm not even sure if physicals require a urine test.....

How bad could arthris get ?
WHAT COULD I DO TO NOT TO ACHE SO MUCH IT IN THE KNEES?
Additional Details
i did go to the dr and my knees was so stiff i could hardly move she said that there is not much the bones ...

Really that bad to swallow gum?
ive been debating for awhile on whether or not i should swallow this piece of gum or spit it out. ive swallowed gum several times before..and nothing happened..i just want another persons ...

thinkt1nk
What happens when a pill you've swallowed goes down the wrong tube?
This happened to me tonight. I knew instantly something was wrong and I felt the pill go down my throat. I swallowed a few more times and felt that the pill was stuck. Now my heartrate is up. I can't feel the pill when I swallow anymore, but I'm still worried. What if it's stopping my airflow? It's nyquill so I'll probably fall asleep soon. Is it too dangerous to fall asleep?

kell
Only 2 tubes in your throat, oesophagus for food and trachea for air. if the pill didn't go down your oesophagus you would know - you would be choking or at least coughing. Sometimes when you swallow something it does get a bit stuck (I found this with contraceptive pill) and have the feeling of it being stuck there for ages. I think it just irritates your oesophagus. Like if you accidently get a fly at the back of your throat it feels like its still there for ages after its gone. Heart rate goes up if your panicking, call an ambulance if you're worried.

shendley04
Rating
The pill was stuck in your throat and you swallowed it after a few tries. I doubt the pill went into your bronchial tubes or lungs.

pjvthatsme
It's actually almost impossible for anything to go down the wrong tube. What happens when you feel that is the flap that is there to keep something from going down there sensed something coming and closed. That's why you suddenly lose your breath. Just try to calm down and take deep breaths. Your body will do the rest.

Del C
Down the wrong tube is just an expression for getting something caught in the throat that didn't go down smoothly. The wrong tube would put the object in your lungs which is highly unlikely. You will
probably be fine.

alliewv30
i think i would go to the local emergency room

Chef Tony
Your throat has two passages, esophagus and trachea separated by the epiglottas. When you talk the epiglottas covers the esophagus and when you eat it covers the trachea. If it went down the "wrong tube" you would be dead. Relax pal...it went down your esophagus and you will be fine. (Pre-med major)

bubba
Rating
i think you will be ok. if you r worried about it call the local hospital and ask a nurse.

pandora078
Rating
the pill got stuck in your esophagus and eventually went down into your stomach. if you aspirated it (into your lung) you would immediately cough it back up (unless you have had a stroke that has impaired your epiglottis). if it were blocking your airway you would be gasping breath and eventually unconscious and unable to type a question on yahoo answers. your heart rate is up because you have stressed yourself out. go to sleep. you will be just fine.

joulesofaffection
Rating
if you are falling asleep because of the nyquill then it went to your stomache... and you shouldn't have any issues...

but if you are having trouble breathing I would have someone take you to the ER.

BoxCar
Rating
chill bro. just drink some water to wash it down. afterwards you will still feel like it is in you throat. but it is just soar because the pill got jammed for a bit when you first swallowed it.

clashingtaco
If it was stopping your airflow you wouldn't be sitting here. It most likely didn't go down the wrong tube. It just felt like it. Things like that rarely happen and you'd probably be coughing your brains out if it did.

Maria
Rating
It's very rare for a pill to go down the wrong tube. They're just too big. It probably did get stuck, but it would dissolve before anything could happen. You just feel uncomfortable for a few minutes, but it does go down. Furthermore, if your air flow was being restricted you'd definitely know. So relax.

delprofundo
its unlikely this would actually happen. It may get stuck on the way to your stomach. That you cant feel it says its either in your stomach or actually has gotten into your lungs. Your raised heart rate could be a side effect of it hitting your lungs or it could just be you are stressed by the event.

Either way I think it is best to go to the doctor now and certainly do not go to sleep, its unknown what will happen but going to sleep right now is a big risk for you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, December 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy