Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

How long you think it'll take all tlhe pot to leave my system?
been smokin almost everyday for maybe a few years now i can't really remember. i quit today and plan on stayin clean, jsut wondering how long it'll take before it all leaves my system.. oh ...

Whats the different in chewing a pill and swallowing it whole?
is there any reduce in medical effectiveness in it?...

Is coffee really bad for your health?

What is the ear-lobe for?

Whats worse smoking or second hand smoking?
I had 1 puff of regular smoking..... but im always at bars where i get 2 hand smoke what is worse ?...

I feel very sleepy in the morning?
whether i take good sleep at night or just sleep 4 to 5 hours. i wakes up 8 in the morning. by 10 again i feel like sleeping .please help....

I sleep for the recommended time (7-9 hours), but how can I be more awake, alert, & energized during the day?
I have no energy during the day at school. When we take notes in class, I just can't seem to make myself write them down because I am so tired and lifeless. All it seems like I want to do during ...

Headaches,trouble sleeping,bad mornings....?
i constintly get bad headaches and i dont know if its because i think to much or what?????but its usually on the right side of my head...then when i eat a pill for headaches it goes away but i dont ...

Does closing one ear when you're on the phone make it easier to hear when it's noisy round about you?

How to sleep thru the night?
i'VE BEEN TAKING 1 (25 mg) OF GENERIC BENADRYL TO HELP SLEEP AT NIGHT. IT WORKS GREAT! MY DOCTOR SAID IT WAS ALL RIGHT BUT I JUST KEEP THINKING ABOUT THE LONG TERM. have tried the holistic and ...

How hot is it where you live? We have a heat warning here?

Do vampires get AIDS ?

Are there any good natural ways to lower really high blood pressure?
And I have 2 small kids so less stress is kinda out. Thanks....

I snore very loudly at times i have been told ,and the only way i can sleep is on my back?
if i sleep on my side my arm goes to sleep and wakes me up same thing if i sleep on my stomach with my arms above my head i've tried desnore spray and breath rite nasal strips nothing seems to ...

Are you rested after 7 hours of sleep?
I am very sleepy unless I had more than 8/9 hours...so i am wondering if people are rested after the standard sleeping times.
Additional Details
I know about the whole 8h minimum time ...

What is the tube filled with liquid in your head thats keeps you balanced called?
please answer fast =]...

How much sleep will i need???
how much sleep should i be getting a night, im 15 boy and what factors can affect the amount of sleep i may ...

Multiple bug bites?
How do you help stop the itch and pain of having many bug bites. My friend has over 50 bites from one night outside all over his arms (looks like hives almost!). Is there any way to stop the itching. ...

How can I help myself to fall asleep faster?
I need to get up early tomorrow, but I'm not all that tired. Is there like somthing I can do or eat or drink to help me fall asleep faster? I've heard like hot cocoa can help. Is this true? ...

How long should i sleep for?
If you went to bed at 2am and got up at 7am you would be tired through lack of sleep, if you went to bed at 11pm and got up at 11am not only would you feel you have wasted yur day but also feel tired ...

gianna
What does a constant low temperature mean?!!! My temp is always 96.5 degrees...?
or lower- what does this mean and is it bad?
I smoke
eat well/ exercise
"normal" weight
My hands are always cold also, is this related?

Dys*
Rating
96.5 degrees - you should be dead.
40 degrees (max) - normal

If your hands are cold, it probably means the blood isn't flowing properly through them.

Dys.

Ranel
Yes, your hands being cold is related to your body temp as well as the fact that you smoke. But some people's temp has always been below "normal". I can't speak from a medical standpoint, but I've always been 96.7. My grandmother was the same. "Normal" is 98.6. I live in Cali, can't stand the cold. I'm sitting in a room that is currently 72, and I am freezing. If I were with my Mom ryt now, she'd say its hot and turn the heat down to 70 or 68! LOL!

nana
Not every one has a normal temp of the same degree. If you always run 96.5 then that is normal for you. Be sure that you have not had anything to eat or drink for thirty minutes before taking your temp to get the most accurate reading.

mq1229
Mine is 96.8 I asked the Dr. Totally normal. 98.6 is only an average.
Just make sure to tell Drs. when you see a new one. It is called a low grade temperature. Nothing to worry about.

The cold hands: smoking can hurt your blood circulation. That could be it.
But they aren't cold because of your temperature.

xytzews
Rating
I have low body temperature due to hypothyroidism, when it's cold outside (under 70 degrees), I feel like I'm frozen from the inside out. If your hair is thinning or becoming coarse or your periods have become irregular, I think you should have your thyroid checked.

Don't stop smoking, though. That's really good for you.

strgazer9113
Rating
regular temp is about 98 degrees so you are more on the cold side but not by much, i don't think it is related to your hands being cold because mine are cold too..you seem healthy other than the smoking, but i am pretty sure that constant low temperature is not related to your health, you seem like you are keeping your health well balanced

JoshR
it all depends on where you live, what you put on in the mornings, and how you live your life.

Rick P
Rating
98.6 degrees Fahrenheit is the average body temperature for humans. It's just average. It does not mean it is a normal temperature for everyone. To your body, 96.5 may be a normal temperature. Now, if your hands are always cold, maybe there is a problem of some sort. Not sure.

greencreeper
Couldbe a sign of hypothyroid disease. That can be checked with a simple blood test.

?
One cold cookie

Jocelyn B
Depends on the cause of this low temperature... all I know is that there's been research showing that having a temperature lower than normal can increase maximum longevity (even verified with humans).

Bec
While 96.5 is a lower temperature, you shouldn't worry if you have been healthy at that temperature for a long time. Cold hands could be due to poor blood circulation. Your blood is working harder at your vital organs so your extremeties, especially hands and feet, may tend to be colder.

Juliet 18
What is normal body temperature?
Most people think of a "normal" body temperature as an oral temperature of 98.6 °F(37 °C). This is an average of normal body temperatures. Your temperature may actually be 1°F (0.6°C) or more above or below 98.6 °F(37 °C). Also, your normal body temperature changes by as much as 1°F (0.6°C) throughout the day, depending on how active you are and the time of day.

Christine P
Rating
When you smoke your circulation is slower. Like for example, if you were to put your hand in cold water for the same amount of time as a non smoker, their hand would instantly warm up again and yours would still be cold =/

But some peoples temps. are just lower. If it's a lot lower than that though, talk to your doctor.

Emma
Keep in mind that thermometers have a percent error!!!

Incognito
Rating
I really don't think it's a cause for concern. My temp has always run low - about 97 and my doc says it isn't abnormal. Some people run a little lower some a little higher than what's been set to be the norm of 98.6. With the cold hands, well, could be poor circulation(are your feet cold too?) or the fact that your temp naturally runs a little low. My hands are cold often too. But you know what they say, 'cold hands warm heart' =)
It's worth mentioning to your doctor but I wouldn't consider it an emergency.

Take Care,
Tori

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy