Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Whats better contacts or glasses??

Please I'm desperate! I lost my voice and i really want it back!?
well me voice was going away since yesterday. I went to the doctor and he said he had no medicne for it. i need some remedy that works. i have to do a presintation tomorrow and if i don't talk ...

Is it just me or does this happen to everyone?
all week i get up at 5 -45am for work and it is a real struggle but at weekends when i want a long lie i seem to wake up around the same time, it makes me want to ...

Mommy is taking me for a Blood Test. Will it hurt me ? PLZ TELL ME. Frightend?
Mommy is taking me for a blood test. Can she stay with me ?

How will it be done ? Will it hurt me ? don't like ...

What's the longest time someone has stayed awake with no sleep?
Yeah what's the longest time someone has stayed awake with no sleep? What was there name and age?

And if I wanted to break the record, how could I get in the world record book?
<...

SEVERE BACK PAIN - Chiropractor does not seem to be helping - HELP!?
I have thrown out my back. I have seen a chiropractor this entire last week & it seems to continue getting worse. What should I do? What does this seem to be? Should I go to the hospital? What ...

What thrill does someone get driving the streets with the bass from the speakers shaking the nearby buildings?
What is the thrill? Does it not hurt your ears? Is it cool?...

I am extremely worried about my son getting sick from his classmates, should I be?

Smoking why should I start?
and what ...

Trouble sleeping?
Basically I find it really difficult to sleep at night which subsiquently leads to me being tired all day.
I was just wondering if anyone had any remedies or ideas to help me sleep that don'...

OMG,i am spitting blood from my mouth.I have not cut myself near my lip or anything,whats wrong?

Additional Details
i was spitting blood for a few times,its stopped now.no lies.i mean that....

Why the government can't stop the cigarettes company?
insteld they say that is harmful for the human body.............!!!!!!...

How can you quit smoking when you really don't want to but have to?
My Dr. told me I have to quit. I am taking the drug Chantix and it really works. I've gone 6 days without smoking but I still really want to. I've smoked for 32 years so that in it's ...

How much should a 14 year old sleep each night?
how much should a 14 year old sleep at night like at what time should he got to bed knowing you will wake up at 615 to go to ...

Why when having an operation are you supposed to have an empty stomach?

Additional Details
i dont appreciate being called a moron jessiekatsopolous!! its a legitimate question which other people have seemed to be able to answer apropriately.
judging by ...

Advice for quitting smoking?
After seeing my boyfriend successfully quit, I would love to be able to do so too. So has anyone got any good tips to help me do this, my will power is terrible....

When you shower.........?
Where do you start washing yourself??

I start at my underarms and work from there.
Additional Details
Jay...you are a sick puppy......

8 Glasses of water..does it really help!!!?????? (:-I)?
i read all the time that drinking 8 glasses of water helps the skin glow..has anyone here actually tired it!! All i get from driking more water is more visits to the washroom :-/...

Why does poo smell?
may sound weird, ive always wondered why, i bet some other people do...
Additional Details
the "chinadoll" you said "It's old food that has been mixed around with ...

How do i stop smoking?
i have been smoking for 11 years and i really need to stop.. i've quit several times in the past...but no longer than 9 months... i always pick it right back up... any tips on how to stop for ...

jean b
Stopped smoking 4 months ago still getting cravings is this normal?

templejohn
Rating
Well done just hang on in there ///

CrystalZephyr
My parents stopped 4 years ago and still get cravings occasionally.

So yes, you are normal.

Baz94
I stopped just over 3 years ago and every so often I quite fancey a smoke... thogh not crave it and it don't bother me.

Every so often you will get cravbings but you CAN and WILL get through it!
My cravings stopped arount 6 months and from then on, it was soooooo easy!!

Keep with it! You'll be glad you did!
And well done!!!

catrainbowtokyo
Rating
No! Smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages are not normal for your health. It's because smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages may effect your sense of good health and your sense of will-power. You gotta stop your cravings, they might effect your health and your will-power!!!!

CC...x
Rating
Still 'fancying the odd ciggy' is going to be with you for the rest of your life I'm afraid but what you have to see is that you haven't given anything important up, you have gained an extra day in your life for each time you choose to ignore the craving!
Keep on being healthy and choosing to live your life longer for your loved ones.

wannaplaytoo2001
congrats! and yes tis normal.....even dreaming out it in your sleep is normal

Joyce W
yes. the addiction is also connected to our habits and emotions. Particular actions (like taking a break at work) still are connected in our minds with smoking. Also, there could be nicotine build up in your system that is not helping the cravings. Have you tried a sauna or taken up activities that "sweat out" the toxins?

rainthatwalks
Rating
Yeah, just be strong.

thsgysnts
Rating
Yes, the Cravings are always gonna be there But remember how u felt when u smoked, climbing them steps, taking a walk. You have the power, in your heart and mind.

Veritas
Rating
Yes, you have to be aware of the triggers, having a drink, after a meal etc. Periods of stress and being with other smokers can also present temptation. The anti smoking zealots have no idea how difficult it is for some people to stop. Why don't you promise yourself a cigarette tomorrow, but it's a promise that you never keep of course.

twinsters
i stope'd smoking five years ago, and i still have a craving for a cigarette,but it soon go's dont be tempted just stand by somone who smells of smoke and that will cure you they stink......

long_luscious_lashes
Rating
I gave up 5 months ago having read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking and I highly recommend it. I smoked for 20 years and thought I'd never give up but this book changed my life. It is still normal to get cravings, though this book will change your way of thinking and should help you a lot. Saying that, I still think (and even dream!) about smoking every now and then and just a couple weeks ago while drunk at a BBQ I had a couple puffs on a cigarette...it was horrible and all it did was remind me why I'd given up. Go buy this book, it's brilliant! Keep it up!

cricket
That's normal. I quit 4 years ago and still get cravings in certain situations, like out at a bar or at my chain-smoking best friend's house. Just remind yourself that you've made it this far and there is no reason to start again. Also, you may want to avoid some places if you seem to get cravings in certain situations or locations. Keep it up.

Barneyboy
Rating
I had similar problems until I had 2 sessions of hypnotherapy, now I have had no cravings at all for well over a year.

Mommymonster
Yes. You will have cravings forever. My Mother in Law quit 20 years ago and says she still wants one with a cup of coffee.

dpawson
My mother still craves cigarettes from time to time, and she quit a few years ago by now. Hang in there! It is totally normal; they really are nasty, addictive things...

thecat72667
Rating
hell yea i always get them

boobear
my dad quit for 7 years now and he still gets craving every now and then! so I'd say it's normal!!!!
good luck

ME666ME
Rating
Yes this is normal , get Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking (it works) , also when you think you would like a cig have another read at another page that will take craving away.
Or you only need to smell others or look at ash trays full that will make you think again,also
money lots of it to treat yourself with, with what you will save staying off cigs it has worked for me , the price puts me of now so please try hard and you will be telling others to do the same in no time, Lott's of luck for the non smoking future

Trevor h
Yes - don't give in to them though - you would be SO disappointed in yourself if you did..
They do go away completely eventually, just hang on in there.

SunnyDays
yes, perfectly normal, I stopped ( again) 10 weeks ago, I still fancy one from time to time! Just have to use willpower to overcome

start 6-22-06 summer time Mom
yes, my Dad said it took him about 6 months
but he stuck w/ it & has not smoked for 9 years !
If he can do it so can you he had smoked for 30 yrs .
Best of luck

phoeb
Rating
yes

surlygurl
Rating
Yes, you will still have cravings for a long time, but they will become less intense. I used to smoke only moderately, then quit altogether; but even now, years and years later, I occasionally think, wow, I'd like to have a smoke. It is a serious addiction. Hang in there!

Peter D
Rating
ye a smoker never stops being a smoker he just quits smoking!

taketwo
yes u will craving for at least three years.

clark
Wow! congrats! that takes a lot of willpower!! i'm sure that's all part of it! awesome!! keep it up!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, December 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy