Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Help, I have a charlie horse in my calf and it won't go away, what do I do?
Please, hurry, it hurts like hell!!!! If I try to walk, it just cramps up again!...

Does sea sickness carry on even after getting off boat, if so how do you stop it?

I found this lump like thing in the center of my arm it keeps getting bigger.?
I cant figure out where it begins and ends. Its not really painful. I was also curious my arm sometimes goes numb out of the blue could this be the cause? Anyone with any info it would be greatly ...

What could cause a throbbing headache right at the top of the head?
I had it all last night.I sometimes get tension headaches,but this was different.Usually sleeping will help,but this one got worst with rest!
I took some Advil and am a little better now....

Why do mosquitoes bite me more than the person next to me?
They seem to go for ankles most as well. Replenants ect do not ...

What can I take to help being tired all the time?
Recently, I have been neglecting my diet, this reflects in the state of my skin, and a few pounds overweight. Any advice on speeding up metabolism?...

How can i get rid of this cold related headache?
i have had a lemsip at 5pmish and it hasnt done much what else can i do?

the headache is making me feel worse.
having a sleep isnt an option....

What is life support? Do people "recover"?
Hi, I was wondering if people who are put on life support ever "recover" from that condition. My grandmother was taken to the hospital because of breathlessness that was a combination of ...

What does it mean when you have deep ridges in your nails?
I think I remember hearing that this is caused by some vitamin deficiency or something?

I have rather prominent, vertical ridges in my finger nails, and the ridges are more prominent in ...

Poison ivy help?
I've had poison ivy for three weeks. I finally had a doctor put me on prednisone but she only gave me three days. I thought it was starting to dry up a little but now it seems back in full force....

Im nervous -going to hospital for op tomorrow and scared of anesthetic?
going for a private op tomorrow and going under anesthetic for about 1.5hours.need a bit of moral support and any info about risks-im scared im not gonna wake up.
Additional Details

My weird sleeping position?
I have an odd but comfortable position whenever I lay down or sleep.

I used to lay on my side whats called the Foetus Position. But jaw pain caused me to change my position.

N...

Help me quit smoking?
HI!! Can you send me really gross links about smoking to help me get motivated a little more to quit.

Thanks!!!...

I'm gagging when I smoke. Why?
This is a serious question and no anti-smoking comments please.
I smoke a pack a day and recently when I inhale I get the feeling I'm going to vomit.
I'm wondering what could be ...

What are some great inexpensive ways to quit smoking aside from cold turkey?
Ive only been smoking for two years, and I would like to quit... its very hard to stop this nasty habit, Anyone have any suggestions/methods on how to quite without quitting cold turkey, or using the ...

I always get tired in school, how can i be more alert?
I've been getting around 8 hrs of sleep every night, but i always feel tired in class, especially during lectures. However come evening im always energetic and cant fall asleep. Anyone have ways ...

When i put the fire on at home, it makes me feel like ive been drugged?
Its not carbon monoxide poisoning because we have a tester and no one else gets it apart from me. Its doesnt happen when i am awake only if i am sleeping, for example, my dad comes in from working ...

Guys only!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
i have big nipples guys how big to you like your nipples.(on gurls)
Additional Details
im 47!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

I can't smoke at work?
Due to the nature of my job and working conditions, I cannot smoke at my job. This is a new job and I have come to terms with this fact, even if it means up to eight hours without a cigarette. Have ...

Cure for a cold?
Anyone have a recipe for a cold cure. I really need to get rid of this cold that's been hanging on for a week. Tried Vit C tabs but hasn't helped. I eat lots of veges and fruit every day. N...

reddragon105
Sometimes my feet clench/seize up and it really hurts - what causes this?
There is a sharp pain along the arches on the bottom of my feet and my toes curl themselves. It basically feels as if my foot is trying to bend itself in half but can't manage it.
Usually this happens of its own accord, but sometimes I can bring it on myself, by clenching my feet tight.
I can relieve the pain by grabbing my toes and bending them backwards. If I let go, it hurts again. I need to hold my toes backwards untill it has gone away.

What causes this? Is it a muscle spasm or something? I've lived with it for years, it doesn't happen very often, but I'd like to know what it is and if there's any cure.

Kirk_84
Rating
Ask your Doctor, that's what they are there for!

majella g
it sounds like you have a condition called plantar fachaitis
common in people who are on there feet alot
i suggest you go to your gp and get a ref to an intermediate musculosketal service

summdumm1
ohh i get those too, hurts like hell!

swot
muscular spasm. it is known as cramp, and yes it hurts but there are worse pains i can assure you lol.

letem haveit
Rating
Cramps. Very difficult to figure out why. It's brought on by different things in different people. Sometimes dehydration. Other times is a vitamin or mineral deficiency. ??

wild_eep
it's cramp.

Get moving, get stretching, get the blood pumping, before you get an episode of cramp. Keep the muscle warm as well. Sometimes you can feel the danger of one and back away from it before it happens.. I sometimes get something similar in the calf muscle but by getting more active I stopped that happening.

Get a bicycle and use it daily; not aggressively, just enough to keep the blood pumping.

THE DAWG.
Drink Dill Pickle Juice Out Of The Jar,It works Almost Immediately,A Little A Day Will Keep This From Happening..Really Will Work...

sonyastopka
Check out the types of shoes you're wearing when it happens. Women tend it get this when they wear high heels/stillettos-for men, it could be shoes that don't provide enough arch support. Get in the habit of stretching your feet and toes at the end of the day too...

karaoke_grrl
Mine just did that last Friday it does hurt really bad... but i have no clue what causes it... I would like to know too.

abraxas5597
This does sound like cramps, and as some people have said changing your diet will help with circulation, you could also try odorless garlic capsules which will help, there are also Red Maple Leaf tablets which are very good but are also expensive. Good luck whatever you try i know what it feels like and Garlic caps seems to do the trick for me.

huggz
Rating
Its cramp. I get it and my toes go every which way! lol
There are medications which help, some are precsription meds but there are some over the counter meds available.
My own personal remedy (NOT evaluated by the medical profession...yet!) Cut down on salt, walk lots and drink a large glass of tonic water (with quinine, not quinine free) before bed every night. When I do get an attack I stand on tip toes until the worst of it is over then walk a little until I can feel the muscles relax.

domme me
sounds like cramp.
try less salt in your diet, or try to use lo sodium salt (with a higher pottasium content) drink more water, especially close to bedtime

K's Mom
Rating
Definately a foot cramp. Feels like a huge animal has chomped down and your foot curls up from the inside out! Just be thankful its not a charley horse in your calf!

They are extremely painful and I get them when I wear high heels or even wearing boots. Best thing is when you've been on your feet a lot or you've identified the trigger (as in my types of shoes for me) then when you get home, take off the shoes, and have a nice warm bath or soak your feet. If you can't do this then get some body lotion and rub onto your feet massaging them. Prevention is the key. Get your feet to relax.

Hint: If you have a partner, take a bath (so your feet are clean and not smelly) and them ask them very nicely if they'd massage your feet. You might have to promise them a back rub or something but both are nice to give and receive and other fun might ensue!

Good luck in whatever you try. Cramps are NO fun. *S*

Littlestar
Hi, it soundslike foot cramps .... this could be because of bad circulation, you need to do certain foot exercises to help circulation ,when you are sat with your feet up circle them at the ankles every night for a while and this could help. Otherwise visit your docs and explain as it could be somethign worse like DVT which is usually the legs etc!!

cognoscible
Rating
Muscle spasm which could be caused by a variety of things. Dehydration, potassium deficiency, even tension (stress), too much water, etc, etc.

Warming and stretching (in that order) the muscles can help keep them supple.

swomedicineman
Rating
take a potassium supplement. Eat more bananas.

CrashFuâ„¢
Rating
Sounds like a muscle cramp. That's basically a sustained spasm. They are very common in your feet and calves. It can really hurt, and feel like the muscle is "locking up."

Lots of things can bring them on, including heavy exercise and deficiencies in diet.

When I have had problems, I looked to increase sodium and potassium in my diet. Scarf more bananas, and the salt is easy to come by from any source...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, April 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy