Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

It Hurts Real Bad!!?
Why do I always get a stabbing pain in my eye when i drink tea?...

Dealing with death...?
Recently, I just lost a very close friend of mine...

Last year, he got shot 4 times in the chest while on duty as an NYPD police officer. He was hospitalized, went through tons of stuff (...

How do I become a sweet person?

Have you got a 'side of the bed' ??
Like you can't sleep unless you are facing something or at the right side of the bed?...

How can one stop living in fear?
Like if you have been traumayised,seen bad things happen to you and even to other people....

How do you stop smoking!!?
I'm sooo addicted, but getting disgusted with them...pointers from well meaning nice people pleasie please.......

My 7 year old complains of a stomach ache every day. She says she throws up in her mouth several times a day.
The family doctor said it's probably just stress and to have lie down and relax when it happens. This is bothering me. Has anyone else's child experienced this?...

Smoking, I quit 5 months ago?
I've successfully given up for 5 months and due to stress & depressession started again today, should I wake up tomorrow and carry on as I'm a non smoker and take it as a one off?

Im 13 an i just cant stop weting my self all the time what should i do?
ive been to the doctors but they do nothing for me even if i have to wear nappies i would i just dont like ...

I keep getting stressed every minute... it's ridiculous?
My G.C.S.E mock exams are approaching and I have a bundle of coursework that needs to be handed in by next week. So far in this half term I have done absolutely nothing! I keep getting stressed over ...

Help me. I'm constipated .nothing helps.?
I tried eating fruits,green vegetables,Dulcolax tablets.etc.I was advised to drink lots of water.I hate drinking water ,even then I drank....

I cant get to sleep very well at night can you help me ? ?
hi
i find it hard to get to sellp quick at might it can take me up to 5hrs at times no joke ! ! i have tryed listending to music i have tryed opening windows and dores and lights on and off ...

My hands keep shaking. What's wrong?
If anyone knows the film Saving Private Ryan and sees Tom Hank's hand shaking, well that's what happens to me. I don't drink so it can't be this and its actually been happening ...

Dehydration question?
When I pinch my skin on my hand and let go there is a whole bunch of wrinkles and they dont go away for a really r eally long time..is this from dehydration?
Additional Details
eep...I ...

What are my rights if there are no toilet facilities provided by my employee?

What gets you going in the morning?
I'm looking for some ideas about how to make mornings pleasant, interesting, happy, and energizing. Anything goes!...

If you could ask a nurse one question what would it be?
i have been asked at university what one question i would ask a nurse, im traing to be a nurse....

Statistic shows women lives longer than men. Why?

Why are we the only life on the planet that cooks it food?
Could consuming hot food and drinks be damaging our health?
Additional Details
If it was discovered that consuming hot/cooked food and drink caused cancer would you revert to eating raw ...

Is green tea bad for you?
I drink green tea and recently caught the end of a radio item that said it has now been found to be bad for you. I've searched on line but can't find any further info. Has anyone else heard ...

Ange D
My medication is out of date!?
I recently got my prescription from Sainsbury's pharmacy, and founr that it went out of date on 4th September 2006. I don't know if I've suffered any effects from this, I felt a bit bloated yesterday but i don't know if it's related. Anyway, does anyone have a suggestion on what should i do? just take them back...?

dollybird
Take it back, obviously they are not checking the dates which is of paramount importance.

dot&carryone.
Rating
This is quite serious and needs to be reported to the proper authorities.

westfield47130
Rating
TAKE IT BACK...THEY ARE PROBABLY OK...UT THE OLDER THEY GET THE MORE UNSTABLE THEY GET... THEY NEED TO GIVE YOU CURRENT MEDS NOT EXPIRED!

kmb
Yes take them back. Ask to speak to the pharmacist in charge.
You should get them replaced. Explain any unusual symptoms to the pharmacist.

mentallyill
Rating
You shouldn't take out of date meds. They may not be harmful but they will have no effect on thre condition they've been prescribed for

Take rthem back and get some which are in date

cry
if you have just bought it from saisbury's then you need to return it and make a big fuss about it. if you had it in your cuboard for some time and only realized now that it had expired then you just need to see your gp.

spoton
did u actually get meds b4 the expirey date or after? if after take them back & demand & full refund or say u will take it to trading standards ..

joyce.gilday@sbcglobal.net
take them back and raise hell this sounds like a really bad, bad pharmacy, i'd go elsewhere from now on.

Bella Donna
Take it back and get either new medication or a refund. They cannot sell medication after the expiration date. Could be dangerous ask your doctor if you think you have any bad effects from it. Maybe you could even sue the pharmacy.

carnival queen
Phone the manager and ask them to bring the updated prescription round to your house. You have every right to do this. Why should you have to go trekking round Sainsburys again just because they made a mistake. Tell them you are very concerned and ask them what they are prepared to do to recompense you. You may find they give you a nice voucher to spend in the store. Post a note on here to tell us what happened.

Alternatively you could report them - I'm sure there is a body that has responsibility for the pharmaceutical industry.

Florence-Anna
Take them back as soon as possible, and get a replacement or refund. The pharmacy should be checking their stock anyway, so should be made aware of any problem.

diane w
Rating
Yes definitely take them back, out of date drugs can cause all sorts of problems, main one being they do not work. Sainsburys should offer you some sort of compo and at the same time ask advice from another pharmacist somewhere else as to what effects this could have.

Asaf B
take them back and ask for a refund. they could have caused some serious harm and that is no joke. dont accept just an apology. that is not enough.

JJ702
Rating
Go back to sainsburys and see the pharmacist.

Lea
More than likely the medication is fine. Was it the expiration date on the prescription bottle or the actual drug bottle? Pharmacies tend to make the expiration date on the yellow prescription bottle, the date the drug should be completed. The expiration date on the actual drug bottle is the date the pharmaceutical company stopped its stability testing. Bloating is a common side effect. Many drugs have that side effect.
If worried, go back to the pharmacy and talk with the pharmacist. This was probably just an accident, and I would replace the med in good faith.

Bea
Take them back and demand an explenation! You should get a new one for free.

stingray
Rating
jbland is quite correct in his advice. Sorry about all the others who claimed seroius side effects would arise.
A consultant physician and his G.P. wife once told me the same thing and said that third world countries would be grateful indeed of medication which is slightly out of date. it has to be seriously old for the drug to be ineffective.

bmac
Hold on here. How could you have just gotten a prescription from a pharmacy and it is already out of date? That does not make any sense.

Call the pharmacy and talk to them about it.

jbland1@btinternet.com
Rating
Do not worry, medication has a very large margin of error in use by dates and this will almost certainly be OK, if you begin to look for side effects you're bound to find them because you're worried.

Just take the medication back and ask for a replacement, if you still have concerns ask to talk to the pharmacist who will happily give you all the information you require.

AnjanetteAtkins
If you just purchased the medication recently and it is a pharmacuetical medication you should most definately return it to the pharmacy to have the medication evaluated by a pharmacist, if at all possible the one that you purchased the medication from. However I believe any pharmacist could help resolve this dilemna for you. Medications strength is often amplified as it ages and can become toxic over a period of time. You should seek the recommendations of the pharmacist whom sold you this drug.

rnneves
Rating
Hi you need to go back to the pharmacy with the pills and show the expiration date to the pharmacist (not the techs). You probably won't have any side effects due to expiration but they haven't done their job if they are expired. Most meds have an expiration date simply because they lose potency. Don't feel bad about taking them back. It does happen and It may be a simple mistake by the pharmacy that can be fixed and help prevent further problem for other customers. Good luck.

jloertscher
Rating
There are a number of dates listed on the label. There is a difference between when medicine goes out of date and when a prescription (meaning the legal authority to dispense the medicine) expires. Call first.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy