Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

I work shifts, when I do nights I get to sleep easily but cannot stay asleep for more than 3 hrs. Suggestions?

Too skinny and waisting away..food nver helps because of "fast metabolism".?
You know how when some people are stressed out they turn to food and gain weight? well, im like the opposite. when i get stressed out and i AM, i start losing weight, and right now i am not even ...

Wat happens if u think about breathing?
wat happens if you think about breathing. wenever i think about breathing, which i dont kno y i think about it but i just do. And wenever i think about it, it makes me harder to breath cause im ...

It Hurts Real Bad!!?
Why do I always get a stabbing pain in my eye when i drink tea?...

Dealing with death...?
Recently, I just lost a very close friend of mine...

Last year, he got shot 4 times in the chest while on duty as an NYPD police officer. He was hospitalized, went through tons of stuff (...

How do I become a sweet person?

Have you got a 'side of the bed' ??
Like you can't sleep unless you are facing something or at the right side of the bed?...

How can one stop living in fear?
Like if you have been traumayised,seen bad things happen to you and even to other people....

How do you stop smoking!!?
I'm sooo addicted, but getting disgusted with them...pointers from well meaning nice people pleasie please.......

My 7 year old complains of a stomach ache every day. She says she throws up in her mouth several times a day.
The family doctor said it's probably just stress and to have lie down and relax when it happens. This is bothering me. Has anyone else's child experienced this?...

Smoking, I quit 5 months ago?
I've successfully given up for 5 months and due to stress & depressession started again today, should I wake up tomorrow and carry on as I'm a non smoker and take it as a one off?

Im 13 an i just cant stop weting my self all the time what should i do?
ive been to the doctors but they do nothing for me even if i have to wear nappies i would i just dont like ...

I keep getting stressed every minute... it's ridiculous?
My G.C.S.E mock exams are approaching and I have a bundle of coursework that needs to be handed in by next week. So far in this half term I have done absolutely nothing! I keep getting stressed over ...

Help me. I'm constipated .nothing helps.?
I tried eating fruits,green vegetables,Dulcolax tablets.etc.I was advised to drink lots of water.I hate drinking water ,even then I drank....

I cant get to sleep very well at night can you help me ? ?
hi
i find it hard to get to sellp quick at might it can take me up to 5hrs at times no joke ! ! i have tryed listending to music i have tryed opening windows and dores and lights on and off ...

My hands keep shaking. What's wrong?
If anyone knows the film Saving Private Ryan and sees Tom Hank's hand shaking, well that's what happens to me. I don't drink so it can't be this and its actually been happening ...

Dehydration question?
When I pinch my skin on my hand and let go there is a whole bunch of wrinkles and they dont go away for a really r eally long time..is this from dehydration?
Additional Details
eep...I ...

What are my rights if there are no toilet facilities provided by my employee?

What gets you going in the morning?
I'm looking for some ideas about how to make mornings pleasant, interesting, happy, and energizing. Anything goes!...

If you could ask a nurse one question what would it be?
i have been asked at university what one question i would ask a nurse, im traing to be a nurse....

pinkspot
Is taking a bath late at night can harm your lungs?

Additional Details
I seldom take bath late at night. ive heard ppl say that u can damp lung and in some case, die. what time is the best to take a bath at night?

solgiver
No, if that's the case a lot of people will have severe lung problems.

JenJen
No, I don't even know where you heard that.

Doc8
NO

lisapj
I have never did anything to my lungs.

quietwalker
Only if you breath under water for too long.

me
No ,not at all.People routinely bath babies before bedtime to help them sleep.

Fleur de Lis
That not true at all. Having a bath at night is great.

kathy_is_a_nurse
That's an old wives tale. Take bath whenever you want.

♥ £.O.V.€. ♥
Your lungs can't tell time. That's just a myth. Take a shower whenever you feel like it.

skyeblue
Rating
Anytime is OK to take a bath or shower. This does not affect your lungs.

googuse
Stop reading medical books from the 1800s

seb
Rating
No, the statement not true.

Where am I?
Rating
No, what makes you think so. It's nice to make make you feel sleepy.

johnavaro
Rating
Taking a bath at any time cannot harm your lungs (unless all this water gets into your lungs)

Hand puppet pet
Do you often see witch doctors? Moist air is benificial in most cases to breathing, thats why humidifiers are employed into furnaces.

Mama
No it is fine to take a bath before bed. I even found that when you have a cold or blocked sinuses that it gives you some relieve from it and you fall a sleep faster.

Fallon V
That is not true at all. It doesn't matter when you take a bath. Just don't swallow nasty dirty water and you will be fine. You won't die if you swallow the water either but it won't taste to good.

Unique
No.

zara01
No it can't unless you fall asleep and inhale water.

DrB
Seriously, there should be no problems. In jest, just remember to keep your head above water.

Gavin T
Rating
No it's fine, have a bath whenever you want.

murphie_t
are you serious? Common sense says... if it sounds stupid, it is stupid.

I have suffered from asthma since I was 7 years old (now 39) when my rescue inhaler is not adequate, I get into a extremely hot bath, soak, open up my lungs, enjoy the soothing moisturizing water vapors and breathe deep. I've also taken extremely hot vapor showers to open and moisturize my lungs. This is always recommended to me by my doctors. My 3 month old son had bronchitis and the same was recommended by his pediatrician.

I wonder why?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, April 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy