Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

My eye keeps on twitching and it is getting on my nerves. Is there anything I can do to stop it twitching ?
It has been twitching for the past two days. Is there something wrong with my eye ?
Additional Details
KA, whoeva u r u need 2 allow writing stupid answers like I am getting blind ...

Whats the best thing to do after throwing up, drink water? eat? do nothing at all?

Additional Details
Ok.. I should mention that I think its because I took pain killers on an empty stomach.....

Is it unsafe to eat watermelon and baking soda?

Additional Details
You can mix baking soda with water and use it as an antacid. My sister told me that our grandmother or some other older person said if you eat watermelon and drink ...

How did you quit smoking?
i would like to quit but i dont want to put hundreds of dollars trying differant ways......

Horrid question - but need answer. How to induce vomiting?
Eugh. Here's the thing - eaten something really awful (I think it was a bit off) and just sitting here feeling I could gag and trotting off to the toilet every opportunity. I REALLY need to ...

What is your bad habit?
I play with my hair alot, is that a bad habit? Whats yours?...

Does anybody know a way to help a cold?
I have a really bad cold, and I am getting a fever, and my nose is so stuffed up that I can't breathe through it! Any suggestions?...

How to wake up.........?
my colleauge is deaf and always sleeps in, he says its a real problem having to rely on others to get him up, how could he achievethis by ...

What is the best way to remain fit without going to the gym?
...have a semi-sedentary ...

Have u ever had a NEAR-DEATH experience?
I haven't, but i wonder if you have, has it given you a new outlook on life?...

What would happen if I drink nothing but salt water for a week?
What would happen if I drink nothing but salt water?
like, i wanna know if I stayed home and I dont eat/drink anything and just lay on my bed. and the only thing i drink is very salty salt water....

Soda cutback, It's killing me!!?
I am addicted to soda. I'm taking a major cutback, but the headaches are killing me! Will they ever go away? How can I cope with the pain?...

Why do peaple grind their teeth?

Natural remedy for acidity?

Which is better: DYING IN YOUR SLEEP OR AWAKE?

Additional Details
Why is it better?....your choice i mean....

Woke up 3am in the morning than whent back to sleep.did it yesterday night to?
last night and yesterday i was asleep and i throught it was 6 am when i turnt over,i loked at the time and it was only 3am.im not tired now and its 10pm.i bet it will happen again tonight ill turn ...

I cant get to sleep very easily.?
i have not had any traumatising events. (touch wood) but i am just never tired. is there any way to make me go to sleep that doesnt involve horrible pills....

Why do you think might be causing my constant fatigue?
I am near enough always tired. I try to get to bed at a reasonable hour and have 7 - 8 hours sleep. I always eat breakfast/ small lunch/ dinner. I am ok in the mornings but by about 3pm I feel as if I...

I'm so fecking tired all the time Please help.?
Im only 39, halfway thru Menopause, stay at home mum, but everyday I wake exhausted, drag myself throughout the day, working at home through the domestic chores. I am constantly cross eyed, yawning, ...

What do i do about this cold??
i have a really bad cold...my head is congested and my throat hurts really bad. i have been drinking tea, taking hot baths, taking cold medicine and sleeping a lot for 2 days and it seems like its ...

Thomas W
Is it normal to have a bruise after having blood drawn?
I had blood drawn for a standard blood test (cholesterol, etc.) last week and now i've got a silver-dollar sized yellowish bruise on the inside of my elbow where the draw was. I can't remember this happening before with previous blood tests or donations, but I may just not have noticed. Is this a normal thing, or should I be worried?

Reggie girl
This seems quite normal to me . A bruise is a collection of blood under the skin so if a vein is punctured a little blood is sure to leak out after the required amount is taken .You use to be told to bend your arm so it held the swab in place but now they stick a small plaster on . I bent my arm up once and the phlebotomy's said not to as this traps the blood and makes it bruise more. I think it also depends how good the person taking blood is at their job on the size of the bruise and how fast you clot.

shih tzu lady
Rating
Can be. Everyone is different, and each time is different. Depends on who is doing the job.

sonya
Rating
yes it can happen so dont worry,

Bren
Rating
yes it does happen sometimes depends how good the blood taker is and if u press hard enough to stop blood leaking under the skin. i have had it before where my arm is really painful but last week i had one and u couldnt even notice afterwards. no need to worry about it.

Cherrypicker
Rating
Don't be worried. I always get a bruise after a blood test.

kiki
Rating
Yes, it is normal. I get them sometimes, sometimes I don't. Basically a little bit of blood from the vein got traped under the skin. It'll go away in a few days to a week, usually. No worries.

snowmateus1
Rating
Its blood seeping under the skin, nothing to worry about.

Will
it's happened to me when I've given blood and I was fine. You don't need to worry.

NURSE TRACI
Rating
It is normal. It could be you have drawn blood from a newspot. If you have drawn blood from that spot before ask the to draw from a new spot next time.But it is normal.

pdc123@btinternet.com
whenever i get a blood test the nurse tells me to keep my arm straight for as long as i can. if i bend it 2 soon i always get a bruise however if i keep it straight for about 5 minutes no bruise

BIG_ P
it depends on your age my grandad had 1 bout 3 months ago and his whole arm was like a yellow bruise but after a week it started to go away im 21 and i had 1 and i just got a little bruise the older you are the more it shows i think (not being cheeky)

c.lewis1976
Please don't worry at all about this as it is normal to bruise. A bruise is simply blood below the skin and it occurs after blood vessels have been damage either by puncture or by a blow to the tissue. Your bruise is simply blood which leaked under the skin following sampling.

allinpoker1980
Yes, it is completly normal to bruise after having blood taken, especially if there are problems finding the vein.

grodno
Rating
Some nurses or Doctors are more proficient at taking blood samples than others. You may bruise or not according to how well the blood was taken.

Dr Frank
Rating
It is common, if you take 20-30 samples a day one or two will end up with a simple bruise like yours, its hardly the end of the world.

Happy Murcia
Rating
My wife has blood tests every monh and sometimes she has a bruise and sometimes not, it`s nothing to worry about.....

US_DR_JD
Rating
Bruising following a venipuncture is a common occurance. This is due to leaking of blood at the puncture site. It occurs if there is more damage to the vein than normally occurs. But more often is a result of not having pressure applied for a long enough period for the clotting process to take place.

Be reassured that the effects are quite limited and will resolve without any care in a couple of weeks.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, April 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy