Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Is there anything i can do for my swollen tonsils?
Is there a over the counter medication, or home remedy. It hurts when i swallow,and only one side of my throat hurts. My whole body aches,and I feel very warm at night. Please ...

Can anyone give good advice when got bad migraine?
the other day i had a migraine, it was that bad i thought i had a brain tumor, i was in so much pain, it made me physically sick three times, i had it for about 5 hours, can anyone tell me some good ...

Who has trouble getting up in the morning?

Additional Details
I hate it!...

Did i get this sore throat from marijuana?
I have allergies, so a sore throat wud not be uncommon, but last week i tried smoking pot (which im never gona do again) for the second time and i just started to get the sore throat afew days ago. C...

Bad insomnia?
I have really bad insomnia. I couldn't sleep until 10am yesterday and because this has messed up my routine I can hardly leave the house, 'cos when I fall asleep I sleep for hours on end ...

Is it possible that any harm might be caused to a person by just smoking one cigarette a day?

I feel like my food isnt digesting?
i don't know how to describe this exactly, but i will try my best to be descriptive as i can.
i woke up christmas morning and threw up about 6 times during the day. didnt eat anything until ...

I have like a lil bump under my eyelash (where the hair starts from) it kinda irrates when i blink?
it kinda rubs against the white part of my eye so then it irrates it. its like a lil bubble or bump ... what is it? what can i do for it to go away? anyone had this before
Additional Details...

My feet and ankles are swollen. I have had tests done, but no one can determine why this happens. Any Help?
I have had a stress test done, as well as an angiagram, but I am fine, in the Heart Department. I limit my salt intake, and even take water pills to reduce the swelling. I hope that someone can ...

When I first sit up from lying down, I get extremely dizzy. Should I be concerned?

My body temperature is OK but my hands and feet are freezing! what is going on?

What is the medical term for a sugical repair of the nose?

Do you have to sleep at a certain time to grow?
I am 13. My mom says that I have to go to sleep at 11 and be in deep sleep at 1-4 am or else I wont grow. Is this true? Also, it's summer time so I don't have to waker up early....

What would you use a q-tip for?
when would you use q-tip to clean or to do something with q-...

Are you as good looking, young and slim-faced as your Avatar?
and could you find the right clothes?
I couldn't find anything brief enough (I swim)...

What do you call a doctor that cares for arthritis?
like nerologist...peditrician..ecT??...

What is best way to quit smoking?
In past I tried patchs, gums, but I end up lighting up. Any suggestions?...

Does anyone know a good way to quit smoking?

Nursing job help!?
I know someone who is a registered nurse. She did not work since 1994. When she applies they require that her experience be recent - 2 to 3 years. What should she do?...

What can i use to make my sons hives stop itching?
MY SON WAS BIT BY A BUG I THINK HE HAS HIVES AND THERE ITCHING REAL BAD...

vincegill
Is drinking hot water more beneficial during hot weather?
What is the best drink for hot weather

raz
yes as it slightly raises your body temperature causing you to sweat more sweating is the bodys natural cooling process.
if you drink cold drinks it lowers your core temp preventing sweating and causing false temperature readings and can cause other problems

dark_angel
no, i don't think so. i think cool drinks are better coz they help your body to loose some heat and in hot weather it';s important to lowere your core temperature. so cold drinks are better in hot weather!

patti_felz
Rating
When its hot drinking anything is good. The temperature of the water doesn't matter too much as long as its nice.

cairn
dont think so just a bit more unpleasant

Foxey
Rating
In hot weather a hot drink, such as tea or hot water, is very good, Reason being that the body always strives to maintain the average temperature. Therefore if you add hot drink or food to your body, its first reaction would be to cool you down. Therefore in hot weather, the body will bring the body temperature down further and you will feel cooler.

If you drink or eat very cold foods, within minutes you will be hot and sweaty again.

col
If you do, only drink water that has been boiled as the hot water out of the tap could be from your tank & if you look at your header tank water you would not dream of drinking it. I have been drinking filtered water over the last heat wave but don't gulp it down as it will give you stomach ache

Neil G
Rating
i drink nothing but coffee

Frankie
If you drink cold water, it is refreshing, and temporarly cools you, but makes the enviroment you are in seem hotter, so the effect is short term.

Drinking warm drinks, raises your core temperature, so the enviroment seems coorler.

Choice is yours, I tend to alternate, but also make sure I get plenty during the day

kikibug
I also think drinking hot things (tea, coffee, whatever) in hot weather is not a good idea (what one drinks in an air-conditioned space is another topic altogether). In the normal way of things, when the body is hot, the self-regulatory processes try to cool off the internal organs; mainly by sweating and the heart transfering blood out to the limbs to cool of from the effects of sweating. The goal is to keep the internal organs cool. If you heat them... the heart may burst from overloading. Analyze your info. The knowledge is there.

andy g
No but they say warm water settles the tummy.
Chilled water and keep hydrated

Philip C
It depends why you are drinking it.

If you are drinking to cool down, the answers above have pretty much covered it, but if you are drinking to rehydrate, the liquid will be absorbed far quicker if it is close to your own body temperature.

judith r
Hot water will actually raise your internal body temperature, quickening the onset of heat stroke or other heat induced maladies, the best thing to drink during hot weather is cold drinks with vitamins and minerals added( like gator aide or juice)

dbgyog
Drink normal water in summer, lukewarm in rainy and warm in cold.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy