Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

What can I take in the mornings so I can stay awake during school?
Coffee has no effect on me. Soda doesnt either....

I quit smoking 1 year and 10 months ago and all i want is a cig?
remind me how awful smoking is cause spring is here and my insides are waking up and they want a smoke real bad.
Additional Details
wow... so many answers so quickly. thanks guys! i ...

Does anybody else suffer really bad hangovers?
I've been a drinker for years but recently my hangovers have started lasting for days...i had four pints of snake bite last friday and i still feel hungover, i think my body is saying it's ...

Is It Safe To Sleep With Foam Earplugs?

I have been getting dizzy alot lately (no smart@ss comments). I eat right, but have stress, should I be?
worried I'll be looking at a stroke soon. I'm 40 and a smoker.
Additional Details
My diet is pretty ...

Is it true that warm milk can help you fall asleep faster?
I have a hard time sleeping at night and I was just wondering if this method is true.
Additional Details
You all rock. Thank you for your answers :) If you think of any other ways to ...

My girlfriend gave me a cold should I make her sleep on the floor?

Additional Details
she keeps talkin in my face and tries to kiss ...

Is chocolate good for you?how??
i hearsd its good for the nerves.Is this true?...

Why do so many people here ask for medical advice when they are really sick and should go to a Clinic nearby?

Additional Details
The last one I saw that was a cry for help described the scenario as though the person was on campus. Colleges have an Infirmary for them.

Not all the ...

How do you get ear wax out of your ears without going to the doctor or using a Q-tip?

Is it ok to put vaseline on your anus?
PLEASE take this seriously because im really embarrassed about it but my anus has been in pain since last thursday and i dont know what caused it. or what to do about it. last wednesday or so i ...

Does anybody actually like getting up on cold mornings?
or am i alone in HATING it
especially if hubby is snoring...getting up feels like being stabbed all over my body with millions of cold steel pins.....does this happen to anyone ...

A stupid question about sleep...?
So this is a childish question, but it's something I've always wondered about.

Say you were to lie down comfortable, close your eyes, and relax/meditate for eight hours... but ...

How much sleep do you get a night?

Which is the worst day to have a eye appointment Monday, Tue, Wed, Thursday or Friday?

I have swimmers ear, what is the best remedy to cure it?

Is getting intimate better??????
with lights on or off?????...

How do you get rid of hicups?
i have had them all day and its driving me mad HELP....

How can I recover from the huge disappointment from the Australians being knocked out of the World Cup?
I feel lethargic and really down because they shouldn't have lost the game. I am still also angry at the ref's decision....

Why do doctors never give a straight answer to a simple yes or no Question?
I have been in Hospital with High Blood Pressure and a very High and fast heart Rate. They said it was my Asthma that was causing the above to be so high.
I asked them if it was my heart that ...

Jasmine
Is Sleeping too much harmful?
If one gets 13hrs of sleep a day, including daytime naps, and this person is in their early twenties, is this more harmful then good? Shouldn't you be in your prime at this age, and should be pushing yourself and full of life, not sleeping every day away? Is something wrong here? Thanks

alyssa
Rating
I wouldn't say that its harmful to your body but i would say that it problably might signal a possibility of a medical issue such as depression or something like that. Hope this helps :)

maddie[:
well... i guess it could make you more lazy. Sleep is definitley important bbut having too much makes u miss out on a lot of stuff. but no, its not harmful

KU
Rating
No, sleeping can help you gain back alot of energy and be focused and concentrate.

Dancer <33
Rating
hii sleeping is a normal thing and it is fine to sleep a lot. But sometimes that can mean you are going into depression because you dont want to deal with the days activites. But you dont seem depressed so sleep all you want =)

Cocoa Cake
Rating
too much sleeps is bad cuz u'll miss a lot of the day, but other than that i don't think it's bad

Zwinky
not harmful

callmeperfect.
your body is not going to let you sleep more than you need.
if your body feels fine. then its okay,
but don't try and force yourself to sleep when your not tired.
thats not bad, but its not good either.

SUN vs. MOON
It's not harmful, but it could be a sign of something. When I was slipping into a depression, all I wanted to do was sleep all day and had no motivation for life. Or you could have a sickness. Or it could just be nothing and you could be one of the those lucky few who have excellent hours of sleep :) !

*spaz
Rating
i know how you feel. but too much sleep can actually make you feel more tired so you sleep more... its not really harmful, but it causes lack of energy.

Well do ya?!
Nah, it will make you grow taller though.

Jude Astrid
Getting a good rest is never a bad thing! It is in no way harmful. You just want to make sure that while your awake your active, getting enough exercise, etc. The amount sleep you get doesn't necessarily reflect you age. If you are stressed out in any way your body may respond by sleeping. No worries... you are totally normal!

enquirer 88
it's a waste of time, but no harm. The person would not be getting enouh exercise or nutrition though. It's a time to soe, so you can reap in later years :)

L S
I have read up on this and had 2 doctors tell me this. Men should only get 8 hours of sleep and women get 6 1/2 to 7 hours of sleep. I you sleep to much it can take years off your life. It ages you faster. Not only do you get dehydrated faster but your body need 6 to 8 small meals a day. Meals the size of your hand, but when you eat dinner it is regular size. your body is a lot healthier this way and you have more energy.

iluvblue23
Rating
no sleeping too much isn't bad for you, infact its good; unless you're being lazy and unproductive, sleeping for 13 hrs is fine as long as you have the time!

Susan Yarrawonga
Sleeping too much is almost as bad as sleeping too little and will make you feel very tired and very weak.

Questions_need_answers
Rating
researchers are now reporting that too much sleep at night, as well as too little sleep, could potentially double your risk of death.

Whether the condition is chronic anemia or some form of cancer, most people who need that much sleep are not in the best condition," Emsellem added.

the recommended amount of sleep a average human needs is 7-8 hours.

ARok5
Yeah, you should get up and enjoy your life and not oversleep, but it can't hurt you totally. But believe it or not, sleeping too much will actually make you feel more tired. I'm not kidding either. I learned about it in a psychology class in college. You're body is used to a certain amount of sleep, but then when you extend that amount of sleep by a lot or sleep for days at a time with very few active moments in between, you're body becomes tired because it is trying too hard to perform the normal everyday things it's used to doing while you are up and active. I would suggest anywhere from 9-12 hours of sleep a day and then you should get up and enjoy life! I totally know what you mean by the way, because I used to sleep too much, but know that I get a healthy 9-12 hours of sleep per night, and then go out and go about my life during the day, I feel great! Good luck with everything!

Eric
sleeping too little is bad, sleeping too much is bad

JitterBug589
The only thing that I can tell you might become a problem is weight gain. Studies have shown that people who get less than 7 hours of sleep and people who get more than 9 hours of sleep tend to be more often overweight than people who get 7-8 hours of sleep within a 24 hour time period. Other than that, there aren't necessarily any health effects.

fuzzynutts052005
In many cases, there are pre-existing conditions that force people into sleeping more than the recommended 7-8 hours a night," Dr. Helene A. Emsellem, director of The Center For Sleep & Wake Disorders, said.

"Whether the condition is chronic anemia or some form of cancer, most people who need that much sleep are not in the best condition," Emsellem added.

On the other hand, too little sleep has been linked to many problems and issues people have such as cardiovascular problems, especially in women.

Maleah B
Sleeping too much has the same negative effects as sleeping too little.

tiffany.emma
Rating
This person may be depressed.

What's cookin??
Rating
I would be worried about a medical problem causing that much need to sleep, like anemia, or a psychological problem like depression, maybe even both!

Guy
Rating
nope

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy