Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

I have a lump?
I have a lump near the top of my, forgive me, a-s crack. Its been there for a few days and it has been causing pain. Whenever i sit, lay on my back or bend over it will hurt. It feels like it could ...

What causes these symptoms?
Shoulder pains..Arm pains...Headaches.
Additional Details
Also my appetite is off..I rarely get hungry..I eat at the end of the day..beacause I know that I must eat some thing....

What does it mean when you have a pale stripe on your fingernails?
I know it's a symptom of something but I can't remember what. I have a pale stripe across my finger and thumb nails, almost exactly in the centre of the nail....

Does it mean anything if both my ring fingers are longer than my forefingers?

Do water boiled by microwave safe to drink?

How can I get Hosptial Records?
Looking for Hospital Records that I were told no longer (via the website) on file from 1977 - 2004 concerning 13 different surgeries. Anyone know whom i can contact at childrens Hospital of P...

Can't sleep whats wrong?
for some reasons i can't sleep...what is wrong wit me?
Additional Details
At the moment i have a lot on my mind but i have had a lot on my mind before and i could go to sleep. it...

My knee makes a popping noise everytime I bend my legs??
What is up with this? It has been happening for a while. Like a year maybe. But now it's starting to strain my left leg and evertime I bend my left leg it hurts like crazy. I don't know ...

Why have i got a thumb nail which grown with horrid ridges?
since over a year ago it was damaged by a dog bite, and now has ridges running from root to tip,...

Unable to get out of bed til late?
Hi, so all throughtout my life from my teens, I have not had the willpower to get myself out of bed in the mornings. I have had multiple alarams to try and wake me up, but I always find myself either ...

My daughter's hands noticeably shake when she is holding something.?
These shakes have been noticed by teachers and friends; she also tends to be anxious and impulsive ("ADD" but has never been on meds). She is now in her teens, but it has been going on ...

What should the Rolling Stones do after they retire?

I accidently fell asleep with my disposable contacts and now my eyes are killing me!?
What can I do to relieve this!!! Eye drops are doing ...

How to fall asleep?
Since December of last year i can't sleep earlier then midnight. I don't know why but my body has just gotten used to sleeping so late, and i hate it. Since summer started I've been ...

How many fingers am i supposed to have?
I have 10 fingers but I don't know how many I'm supposed to have....

Question About Smoking Cigarettes...... Im just wondering?
If you smoke without inhaling it into your chest i know its still harmful but what would you think in your opinion that its a little LESS harmful than actually inhaling it in? Hope that ...

My son went to our doctors he had alot of pain and difficult breathing. he had no money they denied him?
he had an out standing balance of $35.00 and no money to pay so they told him they would not see him unless he paid. 3 hours later he was brought back there and the $35.00 was paid. when he seen the ...

What is the fast way too clean your system out too pass a drug test?

Dandruff or something else.?
I have a problem with my scalp. My skin is very dry and I am not sure if it is dandruff or maybe somehting serious. The flakes are out of control.When I wash my hair it is okay until it dries. I also ...

Chest pains?
after workimg in the garden about couple hours after I had a severe attack of indigestion . I went to bed and woke up 4 hours later still with indigestion and my left arm aching which I put down to ...

Lynn M
I might have fluid in my knee. i dont know if i should drain it. i would miss work if i did what should i do?
i have had a problem with my knee for a whiel. i dont know what to do because i dont know if draining my knee will keep me out of work or something. i dont know if i should get it drained or not. i really dont know. what do you think i should do.

thanks!
Additional Details
it's really hard to bend down to pick something off the floor when i have to het down on my knee and it hurts when i bend it to get in to my locker. and it hurts when i am standing up sometimes as well. it really scares me

TJTB
Don't listen to what people are going to tell you on Yahoo! answers over what your orthopedic surgeon has told you. If he thinks ou should drain it, then drain it.

Carole
Rating
I have had fluid drained from my knee. It is not a comfortable procedure and its difficult to sit still and watch the doctor probe around your knee with a long needle aspirating fluid. In my case, I had so much fluid following an injury that I could not bend my knee at all. After having the fluid drained, I felt much better. It didn't hurt as bad and I had a much greater range of motion. Providing you can bite the bullet and endure the procedure without any sort of sedation (with isn't too hard, especially if you know how much relief will come from it), the only time you should miss from work is the amount of time you're physically at the doctor's office.

Lil Girl
you need to see a doctor. and if it is fluid on the knee it needs to be drained

benndeb8
Draining the fluid would only be done with a needle. I don't think you will be out of work long.

How much work have you missed already?

kazballer1
if it's life threatening or if it bugs you real bad, get it drained. they'll let you out of work for that. it's called workers comp. or a break. if they don't let you go and drain it, sue them for putting you in a risky threatening situation

LiverGirl98
If you do not wish to undergo the procedure, apply the logical steps of elevating your knee as much as possible when you are not mobile, flex and have gentle massaging. Comfortable shoes will also help.

However, this is really only a temporary solution and if fluid around your knee is a serious problem, the minor and straight forward surgical procedure will be necessary. Otherwise, long term issues could cause more immobility and problems for you.

Chew on this!
Rating
Go see a doctor. He/She can advise you. Don't do it yourself.

Nice one
Rating
You should decide if the pain or swelling interferes with your life. If they do then consult your Dr. Never try to do it yourself. You don't want to get an infection, or hit a nerve! Many things cause swelling. Your Dr is the best place to start.

Eva Nicole
Rating
here's some information on your problem, that may help you decide! hope you feel better! happy holidays

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water-on-the-knee/DS00662

Lacey Lady
This happened to my father several years ago. He ignored it and ended up in the hospital having to get it drained and then because it had gotten so bad they kept him from Christmas eve until the second week of January! I would check with a dr. to see what he or she thought. I wouldn't ignore the problem over the worry of missing work or not. Jobs are not as important as your health!

SubJ
Rating
Get it xrayed and checked by an orth. If there is infection, u may have to get the drained fluid cultured to find out the type of bacteria and take anti-biotics accordingly. The orth may even immobilise ur knee joint, if so warranted by his examination.

Nunoyvgvna Awi
whats more important? your leg/knee for life......or.....a few hours/days/weeks of work?

rrasimas@sbcglobal.net
I've had my knee drained many many times due to old football injuries and it really is no big deal. The buildup of fluids make the knee unable to bend as it should and draining it feels much better. You should also find out what is causing the problem and see if it can be fixed before it develops into something more serious.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy