Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :
 
   Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

 Whats the best way to stop smoking with out the patch or gum?
...


 I just got my tonsils out..any advice for the pain?
any tips for a speedy recovery? =[...


 HOw TO GeT T0 SLEEP!!!?
on certain nights i cant ge to sleep, sum days takes me hours to finalyl fall asleep.. i think its because i think to much but yeh if any1 knows anything please gimme sum advice., ...


 HELP! I stayed up all night and I have to go to school in an hour. How can I get more energized in that time?

Additional Details
I have no coffee......


 What is the best way to get to sleep after working Graveyard. When your tired but cant fall asleep??
...


 WEird eye thing?
you know like wehn your eyes get something in them they get a little blurry and then you blink and wipe your eyes and it goes away, or maybe oyu throw water in them or something. Well my eyes get ...


 Can anyone suggest a drink to help me sleep at night that dosn't contain alcohol cheers
...


 Out of 24hrs, How many hrs does one needs proper sleep?
...


 Smokers.....are lights ..lighter?
I am 35 years old and have smoked for 20 years. I have tried to stop in the past and allways end up smoking again.
For the last 10 years I have smoked milder cigarettes. These are typically half ...


 Someone told me that if you boil water more than 5 minutes it produces some lead. Is this true?
...


 Why am I tired all the time?
I'm a 35 yr old woman, and I can be awake 4 hours then I can barely keep my eyes open,and i can take a napp for 3 hours and wake up and at 10:00 at night go back to sleep alnight. Whats wrong ...


 What is good to use for deep skin cracks on fingers?
For some unknown reason, I am getting a lot of deep skin cracks on my fingers. I've tried Jergens, Corn Huskers, Zims, Surgeons Secret........but nothing helps! Got any more suggestions?...


 What is the cause of urinating more than 2-3 times at night?
...


 What are some ways to help you fall asleep at night?
I tend to take a while at night to fall asleep wasting valuable time.
Additional Details
And don't give me any crap like counting sheep....


 Irregular bowel movements?
I'm not sure why but i have irregular bowel movements. Sometimes i only use the restroom once a week....i only go when i need to go. I know its unhealthy but is there anything i can do or take ...


 HELP !! I gave up cigarettes yesterday and im in a right mess.?
I read the Allen Carr book last night and decided to stop smoking. I done well up untill lunch time, i was having really bad withdrawl symptons but i just ignored it. In the book it says to ignore ...


 What do you take for heartburn; what helps you the most?
...


 Can you lose a contact lens in your eye?
Is it possible? I mean can it go behind the eye or get stuck on the eye lid.
Additional Details
Would you know it, or could it not be noticed....


 Is it more ok to drink beer than alcohol?
...


 I Cant Normally Sleep At Night?
It Takes Me Ages To Sleep. I Toss And Turn. My Doctor Said Its Normal And I Went Back To Him Last Week And Theres Nothing Wrong. Can Anyone Sujest Or Help. Please?
Additional Details
I A...



onetopdesigner
I have alot of mould in my bedroom is it safe for me to sleep in there?
I have mold from improper insulation in my room and it has quite alot of mold in it on the walls. It has gotten pretty bad.
Am I safe to sleep in my room the way it is?
also whats the best thing to clean it up?

I reside in the UK.
                     




K. Marx iii
Rating
Mould is usually from outer space. The first living things came from mould aboard comets. You are taking a chance , mate


Shelley
Rating
It depends on the mold. Some mold is harmful and others are fairly harmless. It is best to have mold and insulation handled by a professional.


Nancy
Rating
From your description, I would say no, it's not safe.

Black mold is especially dangerous and can cause lung problems/diseases. You can die from it.

Don't sleep in your bedroom until after you get rid of the mold problem.

There are companies that specialize in getting rid of dangerous mold.


san_mateo_guy
I'd sleep elsewhere until it is cleaned. You will need to hire a professional to fully remove it


Liss
no its really not good for your respiratory system, scrub off all visible mould with a scouring pad, then sponge the walls with hot water with a dash of bleach in it, dry the walls and smear with vaseline until you can get someone to check why its forming, good luck xx


peter o
Rating
mould is crouse by damp.and damp conditions can give you
various medical conditions.


The Tank
Not really dangerous because the mould won't turn into a marauding fungus monster one night and eat you up. It could give you a nasty respiritory problem though so you mustn't ignore it. Also, it will infect your clothes.

Empty the room of all furniture and run a de-huimidifyer for a day. You can rent them from a tool hire shop (see Yellow Pages).
Then you should re-decorate to remove all traces of the stuff.

Before refurnishing check that there is none on the furniture itself. Finally, get the ventilation sorted out. See if someone can fit an air-brick for you or a ceiling vent.

Incidentally, please don't take this the wrog way, if you intend to stay inthe UK you might like to learn English spelling and syntax. It will make you more popular when you talk or write to people. (e.g. normal English people never say "gotten" and we put U in mould, colour etc.)

Good luck and good sleeping.


2dog
I don't know about now but years ago there were many properties with mould around windows and on walls (usually council homes). The spores from the mould would fly around the room and enter the lungs causing asthma and other respitory problems. Children in these properties always had colds and were always ill. I wouldn't advise you to sleep in any room that is damp. I think I saw something on washing it away with bleach, but it's no good just doing that...... you need to stop the problem. Obviously it's a ventilation or like you say lack of insulation.

Have a look at the following site:

www.mouldkillers.co.uk

Maybe something on there will be of help to you. I sure hope you can get this problem sorted. Good luck.


tt
You should really clean that up. Bleach is probably the best thing to use but make sure you have adequate ventilation.


i wish i knew
Rating
this could lead you to get asthma, so you might be ok a few nights, but you need to get rid of it!!!

get a dehumidifier, and it will dry out your room.


Cockneyrebel
Rating
NO
clean it up and find the cause!


LillyB
Rating
It is not healthy to live with mould. You will not be able to clean it up until whatever is causing the mould has been fixed.


ComicRelief
hell no!!! spray the mold immediately with bleach and get the hell out until you find the source of the water that is getting in to cause this. i recommend
gutting out the walls find and repair the leak and put new sheet rock up, prime and paint with a mildew proof paint.


J K
Rating
I'd sleep in the living room on the sofa.until you get someone in to sort it. No it isn't safe, if the mould has fungus in it, that can cause a nasty chest infection


johnsonrob@btinternet.com
Rating
Mate, be careful as if you have any chest or respiritory conditions, this could make things worse.

Try opening a window during summer, but really the best way to deal with mould is by using your landlord/lady, as this is not suitable habitation. Do not let them just paint over it - old landlord wheeze, to save money.
If they won't have it, go to your council (God I hope it's not Enfield, as they're useless) and ask for intervention.

If you still don't get any joy, stop the rent.
Good luck


Chris W
Rating
Take a bath
clean the empty coffee cups
failling that wash the walls down & paint them again with a 5% pva glue / paint mix (Stops the moisture getting through)
Failing that .............MOVE HOME!!!!
Makes sense dunit?


anney
Rating
Some toxin's are produced by molds and are known to be harmful to health in all people. Other mycotoxins cause immune system responses that vary considerably, depending on the individual. The duration of exposure is a key factor in triggering immune system response. Farm animals often die or suffer from mycotoxin poisoning. Mycotoxins resist decomposition from cooking, and remain in the food chain.

Spores can be allergenic. When inhaled, mold spores may germinate, attaching to cells along the respiratory tract and causing further problems in those with weak immune systems. One example is Stachybotrys chartarum which has been associated with sick building syndrome.


As for cleaning it, you need to get a product which is specifically for removing mould.. Mys elf i have a product called seldon orange water based de-greaser and i use it for everything, try that, it will make the place smell better too!


 Enter Your Message or Comment


User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:







Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy