Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

What does a constant low temperature mean?!!! My temp is always 96.5 degrees...?
or lower- what does this mean and is it bad?
I smoke
eat well/ exercise
"normal" weight
My hands are always cold also, is this related?...

How long does it take for you to fall asleep?
at times it takes me 2 ...

Don't you hate it when ppl do this?
I am a nurse, and really enjoy answering medical questions. But, I really hate it when ppl cut and paste five hundred million pages of info- info they have no clue about. Who the heck is going to ...

What to do about SNORING HUSBAND?
I only get about 4 hours of sleep a night and I work for a living not like him he collects SSI. First he said it was from the mattress we were sleeping on,so we went out and got a new one,now he ...

I have suffered back pains and I cant get enough sleep for almost 2 yrs. Doctors say its a muscle spasm.?
I tried acupuncture and all medicine but the pain still comes back. do you guys think of some other medications that are not harmful?...

Need help sleeping?
i am a night owl, i can never sleep until its almost light i dont know why but its always been that way. .is there any home remedies to make you more sleepy?...

Q-tips.. i found blood in my ear?
so i was q-tipping my ears cause it felt kinda itchy (i know ur not supposed to.. but i don't go very deep)
then inside my ear, near the outside there was a bit of blood.
it kinda ...

Is sleep a vital part of health?
Just wondering cause lately i havn been feeling all that great, slightley dizzy and queezy, also my skin has broken in out in a bit of acne, which i havnt had in agess, bu ti noticed i havnt been ...

Cigarette???
i love smoking and cant give up do u engoy smoking with ur frnds???/...

Is it normal to feel sick after you have eaten?
I always feel really sick after i have eaten is it normal..?...

How do i stop biting my nails??
i cant stop!! my nails all hurt real badly from biting them below the nail line...i cant stop. i tried everything my doctor said but its not working!! help!...

How long you think it'll take all tlhe pot to leave my system?
been smokin almost everyday for maybe a few years now i can't really remember. i quit today and plan on stayin clean, jsut wondering how long it'll take before it all leaves my system.. oh ...

Whats the different in chewing a pill and swallowing it whole?
is there any reduce in medical effectiveness in it?...

Is coffee really bad for your health?

What is the ear-lobe for?

Whats worse smoking or second hand smoking?
I had 1 puff of regular smoking..... but im always at bars where i get 2 hand smoke what is worse ?...

I feel very sleepy in the morning?
whether i take good sleep at night or just sleep 4 to 5 hours. i wakes up 8 in the morning. by 10 again i feel like sleeping .please help....

I sleep for the recommended time (7-9 hours), but how can I be more awake, alert, & energized during the day?
I have no energy during the day at school. When we take notes in class, I just can't seem to make myself write them down because I am so tired and lifeless. All it seems like I want to do during ...

Headaches,trouble sleeping,bad mornings....?
i constintly get bad headaches and i dont know if its because i think to much or what?????but its usually on the right side of my head...then when i eat a pill for headaches it goes away but i dont ...

Does closing one ear when you're on the phone make it easier to hear when it's noisy round about you?

homicide_tdot
I believe I have something stuck in my throat?
I cant get it out and couldn't vomit even when I was severely gagging. It feels like its in the left side of neck. Is this ok for me to fall asleep with and then go to a doctor in the morning or is there a possibility that I can choke in my sleep?

Thanks a lot.
Additional Details
I cant get it out and couldn't vomit even when I was severely gagging. It feels like its in the left side of neck. Is this ok for me to fall asleep with and then go to a doctor in the morning or is there a possibility that I can choke in my sleep?

----------------------

Thanks for some of the responses. I'm not really sure if its still stuck or if my throat is just irritated. I'm probably just going to stay up the entire night and keep drinking water. My fear is that its in my trachea and not my esophogus.

Mitch M
You have gingivitis.

Biallow
Rating
hmmm i had this problem too. I got a small bone stuck on my left side of the throat or something and overtime it fell down my esophagus and digested... dun worry just keep drinking water and if it is really bothering you consult a doctor.

BeholdingBeauty
Rating
I highly doubt you would.

And lol at all your answers!

yaguru
Rating
you know once when i was quit ill with a bad sore throat, I ate a lozenge....and I was SO sure that it got stuck in my throat that I was having trouble breathing. I went to ER and insisted the candy was lodged in my troat. they did exray's, used special scopes and everything but nothing. They said to me that sometimes a sore throat can feel like something is stuck.
If you were feeling fine, like no sign of cold or sore throat, then something might be stuck. It couldn't hurt to go to the ER.

DeViL bAbY
i doubt its a very big problem but i suggest you go to the doctors for a check up as soon as possible because if you cant vomit when you are gagging... then i think its a problem

agapeunits
Yes. FWIW, I actually had something exactly where you're talking about! I had to force myself to get it out. I was afraid of gagging and throwing up. It took forever! But you'll be fine. Just keep water next to you in case you need to drink during the night.

chuppkaychuppkay
Rating
Be kind to your self and go to the emergency department of the nearest hospital, they will figure it out for you before hopefully it is not to late

sreshowtime
Rating
You MIGHT have a hiatal hernia...the same thing happened to me once. Went to emergency think I had a piece of that whitish breastbone stuck in my throat. They did a barium swallow.Turns out I was having a really really bad attack of reflux.........
just a thought it could be that

OR you might need your thyroid checked

if you are that worried, and panicky, go on to the hospital

good luck

Erica
no i wouldnt go to sleep! try drinking lots of water to flush it down with! and do u know what it is? if its food it will surely disinigrate within time.

nunnatanha
Rating
chew a whole slice of bread and try swallowing that all. works with rice better if u've got any. shud go down. otherwise go to a hospital now.

purplemonkey6662000
maybe it's a growth. if you can swallow,talk and breathe then i think you'd be ok till tomorrow, but if you are paranoid about it go to the hospital, cuz if you're like me you'll just obsess about it and not get any sleep. drink some water. what did you get stuck in there anyways?

james
Rating
i doubt its serious or u would be on the way to the hospital

TheHeat
Rating
I would say if you have insurance or the money for it, go to the ER tonight and explain to them whats going on. Or call them and ask them. You don't want to play with your life man. I would not want to be responsible for telling you to go to bed and then something happening. If you cant afford the ER.... stay up and watch movies or something. Don't sleep till you see a physician!!

djcapron
Rating
Check one of those on-line doctors sites. Most are free.

grams knew best
Was it something that you were eating?
The throat has sections of muscle that continue to contract, even after you swallow, so that things empty into the stomach.
There are also areas that have ridges. If something is lodged in the ridges, it could work it's way loose during the night, posing a possible choking hazard.
The most likely thing is that whatever you have caught will continue to cause irritation and inflammation, making natural dislodging difficult if not impossible.
I would recommend having a triage nurse at least look at it tonight.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy