Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

I'm giving up smoking. Any tips on how to succeed?

What is a skincare routine?
CLEAN AND CLEAR

How do I soften my bowel movements?
Ever since I had my baby 5 mnths ago I haven't had a normal bowel movment. They are huge and hard. My anus rips open ever time and I bleed for hours. It's very painful and I'm ...

Everytime I have a meal I have got to go straight to the toilet?

My eyes have started to get sore when I'm on the computer.?
I've been computing for years, and it's never bothered me before, plus I wear glasses when I'm on it. I have a CRT monitor, could this be the cause?...

How do you get rid of somebodies ear ache using a paper rolled like a cone and lighting it on fire?

I got a hole in my nose from picking it!?
I used to pick my nose, I know it's grows but be honest, most of you do it. The problem is, I picked my nose way to much and somehow got a hole in my nose. It's almost as wide as a pencil ...

I CAN NOT FALL ASLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... ?
I can not fall asleep at night, i have gotten into the habit of going to bed at 3:30 in the morning!! HELP!
please give some tips on how to fall asleep faster so i can be better rested :)...

How do you get rid of a bad headache?

Alcohol posioning, help!!!!!!!!!!?
My brother has alcohol posioning because he drank too much. we have been waitin 2 and a half hr in emergency. what can we do???????
Additional Details
IM NOT IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM, MY PAR...

How to make some one realize they should stop smoking?
my moms has smoked since before i was even born. but she managed to quit smoking during her pregancy with me and my siblings. but as soon as we were born she would start up again. i really really ...

I've never smoked..but want to?
Well, I want to try it, I'm taught "don't knock things until you try them." I've never tried a cigarette and I'm 16.
I'll probably not like it anyway, but I ...

What is latest ever slept?
If I'm sick I've slept until 3 or 4...

How can I fall asleep?
I can't sleep, and NO I don't have access to any sleeping pills or anything associated with that so don't suggest pills. What can help me fall asleep?...

Should I go to work today?
Or should I sit at home in front of a fan eating ice lollies?

What "sickie" excuse could I use that would be believable?
Additional Details
Thanks guys (esp. those ...

I just got something in my eye, what is the best way to get it out?

Are any of you blood donors?
what are your reasons for being one, or not. I'm thinking about becoming one....

How to get rid of bad hangover?
If you didn't sleep the whole night doing a project because of poor time management. How do you get rid of the hangover? I took a shower and drank water, it's not helping....

How can i stop my kids getting cough and colds so much?

A question for smokers.?
Does it not bother you that you are increasing the chances of getting Lung cancer by smoking?...

Vig
I am very ill ... suffering from flu and so on ... and I supposed to start a new job tomorrow!?
Could you please suggest me something to get rid of my flu by tomorrow morning please?
Additional Details
thank you all for your suggestions ... tablets are not answering for the last two days ... GP cant do anything .... I dont have enough time to rest ... looks like .. am going ring my consultant who appointed to the company by morning and say the situation .. she is really looking forward to see me

oksik
a glass of vodka and go sleep till tomorrow

steviethehun
get half a bottle of glayva and six panadol..wash down the panadol with the glayva and bobs ter uncle no flu tomorow...P.S. dont tell your doctor

ronwilcox
Rating
tell them you have severe diarrhea accompanied by loose stool. if you are willing to tell them something that embarrassing then theyre sure to believe you

Rating
very sad

well hope this makes you better, from me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlVHs0Wo9S0

mms
Rating
you can use vitamin c
like in lemon juice !

AMIR L
Rating
CONGRADULATION , NEW JOB HOPE YOU SUCCEED
I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TAKE MIN 2 LIT. MINERAL WATER UNTIL TOMOROW MORNING PLUS :

- FRESH ORANGE JUICE
- SOUNA THEN REST
- TAKE NOUROFEN COLD & FLU TABLET ( IF YOU DO NOT HAVE LIVER PROBLEM )
- BE R E L A X YOU WILL BE FINE TOMOROW
- REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT ILL , YOU JUST GOT A SIMPLE COLD
ARE YOU SURE OTHER YOU NEW COLLEGUE WHICH YOU MEET THEM TOMOROW ARE BETTER THAN YOU ??

MY DEAR YOU NEED MORE
+++ SELF CONFIDENCE +++

AMIR FROM TEHRAN

imsfaj
Take some paracetamol or other paraceltamol based painkiller like beechams max flu strength capsules and nurofen alternatively every 2 hours. Go back to bed for the day, sleep as much as you can. Your body will heal while you sleep. Keep drinking as much fluids as you can and try to eat something. Pamper yourself, allow your body to rest.
Hopefully by the morning you will feel well enough for work. Worse case senario, go into work, let them see how bad you are and if you are struggling ask to go home. That way it will seem like you really want to be there, but you are genuinely ill.

the thinker
You need a hot toddy !!!

Shot of whiskey diluted with hot water add a slice of lemon and a spoon of sugar then stir...

billbowlerski
sleep + tea maybe

mothertiggy
Rating
you sure its flu if it was you would be unable to get up and write this question sounds more like a bad cold

sleepwalker69
Rating
go and get a load of flu remmedies and load yourself up with them

Gordon
Rating
I fell ill last week and was due to start a job the next day also, i went to bed for a few days, woke up and got another job instead.
enjoy the rest, life is too short.

Billy
Rating
I use this remedy for every cold/flu. It works best if you do it the first night you feel yourself getting sick, it may not cure you completely but you will feel better in the morning.Take a dose and a half of Nyquil. Put on sweat pants and shirt, lots of covers on the bed and get in. You will sweat, but you will feel better in the morning.

shardf
Rating
You probably just have to wear it off, or if it is an infection of some kind, with yellow mucus, you will have to get on an antibiotic. You should call your new boss and explain you have the flu, and do not want he or the office to catch it. Tell him you are going to the doctor and try to find out how you can teat is most successfully and can come without exposing anyone to anything contagious. If he does not accept this, he is a fool, as sickness can cost him lots of time and money, so he should be appreciative that you in spite of the fact that you could be making a bad impression was at least considerate enough by not wanting to expose others to an illness. Good luck. You need to be on your best anyway for a new job and not sick. The office will not appreciate you if you go in sick and everyone starts getting sick, etc., plus you will be getting off to a bad start. Get well, and then go, they will understand and I bet and thank you for your consideration. If he does not accept it and lets you go, then consider yourself blessed that you will not have to work for this type of inconsiderate person, and start looking for another job.

daisy5263
tomorrow morning isn't very far away... and there is nothing that is going to get rid of the flu by morning - it has to run its course... drink lots of clear liquids, and go to bed... If your sick-your sick, do you really want to pass the flu to all your co-workers? Plus going to work is going to make it worse NOT better...!

Legend
robitussin for me is the strongest flu med for me
make sure u get plenty of rest, take the med, and eat fruits.

rose_merrick
well, if you really can't go in and you are genuinely sick, get a doctors note and phone them to explain, stating you have the GP note to back up your case. Or...if you can't get a note to proove it...you must go in. It looks bad if you skip on the first days - like they can't trust you. are you sure you aren't well enough? They are unlikely to put you under too much pressure or expect great things of you on your first day, now, are they? and if you have the flu, they will apprieciate your effort - and probably send you home early anyway. I'd go in unless I was dying!

J. Charles
Rating
Rest and a Positive Mental Attitude will get you motivated for the Your First day on the Job!
Now..GO!!!!!

ANGELA R
I take it your a man. It just sounds like a man cold now get off your @rse and get too work

Terrier (UK)
Rating
Get as much ready as you can for tomorrow, now. Make sure all your clothes are washed and ironed etc now, so you won't have to worry about it in the morning.

Get a pint glass. Fill with water and take glass to bed. You will still feel ill tomorrow anyway, but sleep and plenty of fluids will give your body the best chance of recovery.

Tomorrow morning, get up early and give yourself plenty of time to get ready etc - and make yourself some soup, but put chilli powder in it - as hot as you can stand.

I don't know how it works, but it should at least get you through most of the morning (It's how I got through a football tournament when I had cold).

Keep yourself well supplied with aspirin/paracetamol to keep your temperature down (making sure of course that you don't exceed the stated dose).

As for the glayva suggestion earlier, that looked more a recipe for suicide than relief from your cold.

Chances are if you're really ill they'll just send you home. First days on the job aren't too taxing usually, so if you can - try to make sure you turn up.

Hope it goes well.

huggz
Nothing will get rid of your flu by tomorrow morning! What you may be able to do though is supress the symptoms. Try "Day Nurse" and "Night Nurse", products available over the counter and very effective. Keep warm, rest and don't sit in front of the PC asking questions! lol

Adze
Rating
Flue has to run it`s course ime afraid,as for your job you will
have to go even though you will be feeling rough.Your boss will then asses if you are fit to work,you will keep your job and he will have respect for you by the fact you turned up for work even though you are ill.
Good luck.

Druantia
Rating
Absolutely DO NOT go to work. I have been an employer for over 20 years and if it has happened to me many times. If you have been chosen for the job, it is because you were the best! The last thing that your employer needs is (a) all her staff contracting the same flu bug (b) for you to be off for 4 weeks with pneumonia because you tried to come in too early.

Speak to her on the phone - she will be able to hear from your voice that you are not well. Explain that you have tried everything to get better and that you will be there the moment that you are better. If she is a good boss, she will understand. Above all, don't worry - that will only make you more ill ... oh and stop using yahoo answers (she might not be impressed by that ;-)

ABCugetME
Rating
Whatever you do GO TO WORK - I met a lady at the deli counter recently who was angry cos she was expecting a new girl to start and she had gottne her mother to ring up sick for her - on her first day!!!! The lady at the deli was left shorthanded and disillusioned and the girl wasn't going to keep her new job!!

Drink hot lemon and honey and a glass of water....eat an orange...get some cold and flu tabs at the chemist and go to bed!!!

Mike H
Go to bed and get your rest. Take whatever medicines you have, asprin can help take the fever down. Be sure to tell your employer tomorrow your condition. If you work with the public you can expose them to what you have.They might send you home but the important thing is you show up, now go to sleep.

damari_8
Rating
The best thing is to rest and take paracetamol before you go in. Make sure you tell them that you feel very ill but didn't want to let them down, that shows determination, commitment and you might get the afternoon off, but if not keep taking paracetamol throughout the day. Good luck

RM
Rating
Whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE SIX PARACETAMOL TABLETS.

Paracetamol when used SAFELY is fine, but there is what's called a narrow therapeutic index - the dose is very close to the toxic level.

10mg in a well nourished man who doesn't consume alcohol is enough to cause liver damage, and if you do consume alcohol, 4mg may be toxic.

Paracetamol can cause liver damage and death, very painfully,is often used in suicide attempts and should NEVER be used for a hangover cure - your liver is too busy trying to metabolise the alcohol and cannot handle the paracetamol also, making liver toxicity much more likely.

So whatever you do for your flu, DON'T take the overdose of paracetamol suggested by steviethehun.

TULSI M
I would definitely turn up for your first day. Hopefully, they will thank you for turning in and send you home until you feel better. It should be obvious to them that you are not well!

Remember, first impressions count! try ands rest as much as you can today.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy