Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Are you scared about getting old? Why?

Additional Details
i have my old peoples home picked out, i shall drink whiskey to numb any aches and pains. Im definately starting smoking again even if i have to go outside in my ...

Will i die???
about six months ago, my 14 year old cousin died in his sleep and the doctors could not figure out what happned so they said it way a sudden arrhythmia death syndrome. Since the disease can be ...

Flu injection - are you having one this year? If not, why not?
Warwick Uni in UK have found a way of turning the flu virus into a vaccine - by genetically modifying it - the virus literally kills itself. This means that bird flu can now be dealt with. Hurrah!<...

Any Ideas on getting to sleep?
Lately I just can't get to sleep. I am up at 6am work all day and I feel really tired. Just can't sleep......

How much does it cost to spend a night in hospital?

My Sister has a little problem....?
Before i write on PLEASE DON'T LAUGH. This is a serious question!!!! And i only want serious answers.

My sister smells of, fish. It's true! I try to tell her that she smells but ...

I'm trying to give up cigarettes and stop smoking?
Has anybody got any good tips or ideas that might help me quit.
I don't really want to start using nicotine replacement if at all possible.
Are there any natural aids to help me quit?...

I wore a pair of panties I bought at a yard sale and now I have an angry red rash. What will soothe it?
I picked up a darling yellow and brown pair of "Monday" panties at a yard sale last weekend. I've been wearing them ever since, and now I have an angry red rash in the crack between ...

Am i an alcoholic???????
hi i was just looking for some advice really, i currently drink about 4 to 6 beers a night, i don't start till my kids are in bed at 9ish, i get up every morning and workout for about an hour, ...

How can i get rid of rats,I've tried trap, rat poison but they keep coming back?
I live in hostel room, in central india, they often disturb my sleep, during night they just play in my bed!...

Anyone have good suggestion on not getting sleepy after lunch?
I always feel want to sleep after lunch. anyone can help?...

Getting blood drawn...question..?
I got some blood work done in December for things like diabetes/cholesterol/thyroid/etc and everything was fine. But now I wanna find out if I have an iron deficiency problem or something...just ...

What can help you stop throwing up or stop feeling like you have to throw up?
I know coke syrup use to be a big thing but is there anything else?... store or home remedies welcomed....

For all those who ahve quit smoking or are trying to quit: How difficult is it? what did you do?
finally..were you successful in quitting?
please share you experiences?
i need help....

Were can i get free stuff?

Can they figure out I smoked weed by a urine test?
I had to get a urine test today at the hospitable today for a bladder infection. Will they know that I smoked weed last night?...

Why do we spend so much money on helping the weak to live?
With our advanced medical knowledge, we can help those that would have died in times past, survive. But then they go on to procreate their defective genes, therebye weakening the stock of the human ...

I stepped on a nail and it went fairly deep. How can I make sure it doesn't get infected?
I've been soaking it in salt water, and I had a tetanus shot a few months ago. I can't afford to go to the doctor, so I really need an at home remedy. Thank you so much for your help!!...

Easy question?
ok i have a cold and i cant breath through my nose but i want to get a good night sleep what can i do (i already took medicine like an hour ago but it diddnt work)...

What are the best methods of getting to sleep?
I often get very restless and toss and turn all night. I sometimes stay awake for hours before I get to sleep, (the other night it took me until 2:30am), and can't seem to calm down, even if my ...

Feniks
How much do you need to drink to become an alcoholic?

Additional Details
I guess I wasn't specific..
I don't drink every day and not even every weekend, but I have someone close who drinks about 2 beers every evening, more at the parties and at the weekend.

I worry and wonder how dangerous it is. If you skip drinking, lets say 1 day a week, does it prevent you from alcohol dependancy? I would really appreciate some informative, scientificaly proved answer.

johnsnotsobad
Rating
They say it's genetic. So, you could be an alcoholic and never have had a drink.

Infodude
www.talktofrank.com
www.lifeline.org.uk
www.drugscope.co.uk

Alcohol IS A DRUG AND NOT A LOW LEVEL ONE EITHER

its not how much you drink its can you go out without a drink, when you start can you just be happy with one..

Do you only go to a nightclub so can still drink etc...

coolijoco
AA talks about two kinds of drinker: a chronic alcoholic (i.e. daily can't get out of bed or eat before a drink) and a periodic, which means people can go without drink for weeks, months and sometimes years without a drink, YET when they do have that first drink it sets off this chain of events which results in not being able to control it or stop after that first drink). The periodic or binge drinker is probably in just as much, if not more trouble than the chronic because at least the chronic usually knows they're f***** but the binge drinker thinks it's normal cause everyones doing it. by the way not doing your liver much good either way! see new stats on younger people with end stage liver disease!! (AA has a saying: "it's better to be in AA rooms pretending to be an alcoholic, than being outside pretending you'r not!!!"

justice_beauty
You need to be addicted to alcohol to become alcoholic/ eg if you feel an urge to drink-then oopsie..

pee_pea_weathershoot
Less than you need to become a ninja pirate.

jannie a
Rating
you either are or aren't an alcoholic it's an addiction that can be hereditary similar to gambling,some people can drink and not be effected by needing another one, being an alcoholic is a illness it's not in the amount of alcohol you consume.
Is it binge drinking that you could be thinking about which would be different.

CJ O
Rating
You are an alcoholic if you drink more than 4times a week and more than 2 glasses at the time, your body gets hooked, even before your mind be!

Remember Charlie
If alcohol is needed to function and have fun, then you are probably on your way.

johnstrangey
Rating
it is not the amount you drink its if you crave drink

x5_max_g
its not the amount you drink, its how often eg every day needing a drink. Also making up excuses to drink such as we need to celebrate this ot that

Brian H
its not how much you drink its the effect it has on you.If you find you cant just have one drink ut crave for another it might be a good idea to talk to alcoholics anonymous.Alcoholism is an illness of the mind,body and spirit which can be treated .it is not a weakness.recovery is the best buzz.

Bendu Ibrahim
when you can't do without alcohol. when u always take an excessive alcohol, such that you get out of your self always....then u will be classified as one.

Robespierre
1 pint of larger a day or 2 glasses of wine a day. The op word for an alcoholic is DAILY. Not HOW MUCH.

rachel o
Rating
its really not about how much. only that you think that you NEED to drink. AA says that if you need to have a drink.. even if its once a year you're an alcoholic. but I think AA is a crazy organization..

silverbass1314
Rating
I don't know.. I've had a bucket full of gin and tonics tonight, but I don't think I'm there yet.. I will keep trying
seriously it is not how much but it is about dependence. Do you need a drink to get through the day if you do you are probably an alcoholic.
P.S. i have had a lot of gins and I am a bit pissed but I am not an alcoholic

JEFFREY K
Rating
When one drink is too many and 10 drinks aren't enough

taketwo
when you can't go without a drink morning day and night

Mr. Peachy®
It's like Ninja Pirate said. It's not about how much, it's about thinking you need it.

'Nuff said?

The Truth
Rating
alcoholism is a physical & psyhcological dependancy! and the amount needed to become addicted would vary from person to person!

donna_and_scott
Rating
There is no specific amount you need to drink to be an alcoholic. An alcoholic is someone who cannot control their drinking, and alcoholism is an illness.

Dianamite
Rating
It doesn't matter how much, it's that you "need" to drink to get through the day or the situation.

NinjaPirate
Rating
You need to feel that you are mentally or physically dependent on alcohol to be an alcoholic.

hipichick777
Rating
Its not really a question of how much, its how your body can or cant function without alcohol. In the third stage of alcoholism, the mitochodria in the cells actually change and the body cant function without alcohol anymore, and the body recognized alcohol as a food.
Pretty much, if you start the day drinking and cant be normal without it, you are an alcoholic.

eflatsharp
Rating
About two years'-worth, every night. Quantity immaterial.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy