Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

What music would you like played at your funeral to sum up your life?

What is the best way to relax?
I have trouble relaxing and it effects my health....

How do you cure a cold?
Pleez help! If any1 knows how to make a cold better....it's a head cold and it's killing me....my throat is soo sore and my nose is really plugged up.....so, if you know of anythings......

Okay i didnt get a good answer. please answer this 4 me.?
alot of people answer this for me. when u wipe front to back do you use a seperate sheet of paper for the back. please answer ...

I am so tired?
I sleep atleast 8 hours a night and I don't sleep in on the weekends so I don't mess up my schedule. I have sources saying sleeping more isn't necessarily a good thing. I drink a cup ...

Would you close your eyes, sit back, relax your muscles and take a moment to pause and chill out ?
Thankyou :-)

Does that feel better ?...

What is the best natural remedy for constipation?

When you have an operation, and they put you to sleep, do you snore?
I am having an operation soon to have a gastic band fitted but I feel embarrassed about being put to sleep as I snore like a donkey, please put my mind at rest.
Also the doctor said its a ...

To all none smokers....?
Would it put you off someone you really fancied if you found out they smoked? To be honest I think it would me - even though my mum and dad have always been heavy smokers.
Additional Details...

I need help, please could you tell me......................?
How can I take my ring off my finger? I put it on this morning, it went on fine, but now (because of the heat), my fingers swollen up a bit too much, I've tried cold water, I've tried ...

Im having problems waking up?
Im a 20 year old, and I have a lot of problems being able to wake up.

When im woken from sleep, I am apparantly very rude to people and say nasty stuff which I would never say normally, ...

How to keep awake during a night shift?
How do I stop feeling sicky tired at around 3 in the morning, and how do I stop my eyes stinging? Suggestions welcome thanks!...

Should I run away?
tomorrow I have to get surgery in the morning and I am soo worried and scared about it because they wont put me to sleep just give me a drug. Im reeally scared of IVs and surgery...its called an ...

How many toes have you got..?
i have 7 and a ...

Abnormally tired in the morning and completely awake at night.?
everyday for school, i am like abnormally tired and i actually look disgusting and feel it too.

how can i feel more awak and refreshed? also, i don't feel awake until 9:30 pm. im ...

Help for a sore throat?
I've had a sore throat that's been getting steadily worse for almost 2 weeks. I'm taking amoxicillin for a sinus infection, but its not helping my throat at all. Nothing I've ...

Something weird happened to me this morning and I cannot stop thinking about it?
I was lying in bed, half awake, half asleep when I swear I felt someone sit down on my bed behind my back and it really freaked me out! Does this mean something or was my mind playing tricks on me? I...

How to cure boreness?

I want to get?
a lip ring
I just want one, not 379 of them
what is your opinion on them?
and how strenuous is the maintenance after you get one?
Additional Details
and say i got it on a ...

How can i get to sleep easier?
Every night i find it really hard to get to sleep. I always have loads of things on my mind or if i've been playing a game i keep imagining myself playing it in my mind and it just won't ...

louisa xx
How long until I can call myself a non-smoker?
I quit 5 days ago after 6 and a half years of smoking 20-a-day. I've gone completely cold-turkey and to be honest its so much easier than I thought...so far!! If i continue to go without, how long do you think it will be before i can call myself a 'non-smoker'. thanks!

Joe B
after 5 years

Becca
Rating
Probably about 5 or 6 months. It shows you REALLY want to improve. Also, once that HORRIBLE scent is out of your clothes

Nicole J. M.
around a year

Super Me
Rating
You will never be a non-smoker.

You will always be an ex-smoker.

Good that you have stopped.

ahhhhhhhhh. screw it
Personally I would say 6 months.

mum
Rating
for insurance purposes a full year is neccessary to call yourself a non smoker.
as a non smoker, I would say you can say it when you stop because every day you are choosing afresh to be a non smoker.
once you don't crave it much or think about it much, then you really are a non smoker, but it's much like any other addiction, just one could set you off again, so you shouldn't ever think you have won.
All you can do, is just keep deciding you are not going to do it anymore.
day by day you'll notice more benefits of quitting, and it'll get easier to stay off them.
you should feel proud of yourself!
If you do relapse, just never quit quitting. I tried on and off for 6 yrs before I succeeded. It's been over 5 yrs now, and I feel safer that I won't relapse now, as the longest I had previously managed was 9 months.
But it is so addictive, so I know it would only take one.... so I just won't ever buy any again, and I just can't throw away 5yrs progress now!
good luck!!!

bumblebee
Rating
49 day and counting for me...I quit on Chantix which is a miracle drug.
I think we all have to take one day at a time and pray we don't start smoking again..so I always say " and counting " when people ask how long I have quit for. Good luck to you. ♥

andrew c
Rating
when you can get health insurance as a none smoker THEN you will be classed as a non-smoker

gabrielle.dreamer
At 20 a day, I suspect that you were pretty heavily addicted. I have yet to beat the habit myself, but I think with nicotine addiction it is not unlike being a alcoholic. When I do finally quit, I suspect I will best think of my self as a "recovering smoker" rather than a non-smoker. Since it only takes one to fall easily back into the habit. Congrats for your success so far.

silver_squirrel2
Good job! I smoked my last cigarette last Tuesday! (I'm using Chantix.)

I've been a smoker for 17 years. I quit for a couple of years a long time ago. And just a cpl years ago I quit for a month. This time is different though. I truly think I can stick with it this time. I have NO desire whatsoever to go back (unlike last time). So, I've been wondering this same exact question myself. I kind of think of myself as a "recovering smoker" (not to make light of recovering alcoholics) because I was SO addicted and it is such a struggle to quit. So, anyhow, BEST OF LUCK to you and I hope you stay strong in your resolve!

Rocksteady
Rating
Your a non smoker as soon as you quit

Santeez!!!
Rating
gud job!!!!
u don't have to smoke for atleast a couple of month...
if you stop performing a certain act for at least 3 weeks....its said that you get into the habit then..
but for smoking..as its addictive..i think u prefer at least 2 months..
GOOD LUK!!!!

Nancy M
I quit 2 1/2 years ago and as soon as i quit i called myself a non smoker, it made me feel good to say it. Good Luck and well done.

chocaholic
Rating
Now.Be positive. When I gave up smoking I called myself a non smoker. If anybody offered me a ciggie I'd say I didn't smoke. That was 9 1/2 years ago. There have been times when I'd have killed for a smoke but I had the will power to wait for the urge to pass. Well done I hope you can stay a non smoker. Good luck.

Kris
I think you can say you're a non smoker now. Although for medical history you should always tell them that you were a smoker and how long you've been off. You never know what advert side effects this may cause in any kind of treatment.

Atheist
Rating
You're a new non-smoker.

So, I say you can start calling yourself that right this moment as long as you don't take the habit back up!

Good for you!!

insane juggalo
it takes 21 days to stop any habit

the incredible force
till u can look at a cigarette and say no...not even gettin the urge to pick it up

Miss T
i'd say a month. Or if someone offers you a cigerette and you decline then you would be perfectly eligible to say you are a "nonsmoker" at any point.

:-)

OneInAMillion..x
Now! You have achieved your goal, and at the moment you are a non-smoker. Before you can call yourself a PERMENANT non-smoker, well I'd give it 3 months.

:) Lucy (:
Rating
When you don't smoke i would say..

sparkey
WELL DONE !! so far so good you are a non smoker now
i think you are a true non smoker when you start moaning at the smokers about how they are killing themselves

alight_212
Right now! That is if you continue to not smoke and quitting smoking is a wise choice. THUMBS UP.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy