Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Help! i feel like a vampire?
i am a kind of person who doesn't get sleepy at night..even if i do go to bed early..i cant fall asleep until 4 in the morning..and the bad part about this is that i tend to get sleepy around 10 ...

Is my brother stoned?
It's 04:24 am. here.
He came in late(after my mom went to bed)which is un-usual.
He is up walking around.
He is eating and drinking alot.
His eyes are really bloodshot.

I've drank soo much coffeee How on earth can i get to bed???
Im not one bit tired but i know that i need to go to bed and sleep

Any advice on how to get sleepy

P.S i have no sleeping tablets, or sencented candles ...

Is it possible to die from an earth-shattering orgasm?

Can an ant find its way to our brain (thru our ear) and survive?

My left eye keeps twitching, why?
my left eye has been twitching for about 2 days now. anyone know why or whats it mean?...

What's the best way to get rid of that nasty feeling in your stomach when hungover?

L have had pins and needles on the sole of my right foot for a couple of days why would this be happening?

What's up with 'old person smell?'?
First of all does anyone know what i'm talking about, and second of all where does it come from!?...

How necessary is a colonoscopy if you have no conditions?
Just wondering if this is just a nice money making procedure or are they actually finding things in perfectly normal healthy people....

Favorite toothepaste?

What is the secret on getting a good nights sleep?

Please help solve an argument?
is diorreah & 'the runs' the same thing?? I also had the runs down as a more solid form than diarreah which was more watery...are they the same thing??...

This is medical has anybody ever heard of putting 2 drops of visine in someones drink puts them to sleep?
this is something i heard want to make sure its not ...

How dod i get rid of a tattoo?
I have a very large black & grey tattoo on my shoulder that would be impossible to cover up. Does laser treatment work, are there different kinds of lasers. Is this is something that somebody has ...

How to cure constipation?
I am 27 yrs female. I haf been having severe constipation since a very long time ago, for many years I believe. This causes my tummy to be often bloated and its a terrible feeling and embarrassed. <...

Was this professional of my doctor?
I like how Adderall makes me feel so I tried getting prescription at my doctor office. I told him I had ADD. He was in the middle of asking me a question and I blurted out "Meatloaf on funnel ...

What do you do when you cant sleep?
I tend to play video games, listen to music, go workout. Stair blankley at my computer, lay in bed and gawk at the ceiling. Watch a movie, or get a snack. What do you do?...

Has anyone ever woke up really dizzy?
This has happened a few times to me. This morning I woke up really dizzy. So dizzy I can hardly stand up because I might fall. I have been awake for a few hours and thought it would go away but it ...

Whats the best quick way to pass a drug test?
smoke alot but have a test in a few days should i go buy a special drink or should i just drink lots of ...

SallyBeans
How long does it take the lungs to clear after quitting smoking?
I quit smoking 23 days ago and I'm doing very well with it. Not to be gross, but there is still this nasty greyish junk coming up from my lungs when I cough. How long is that gonna last? And is this normal?
Additional Details
FYI - I smoked a half pack of Marlboro Lights per day for about 15 years (almost half my life!).

whisperofsmoke36
Rating
I was told even after one day the lungs start heaing..gets better day by day.Congratssssssssssssssss on quitting.However if u continue to cough up stuff see a doctor

rose bud
Rating
hon ask your doctor about your question the next time you have to go see him/her.

Just Dreamin'
Rating
I quit smoking 3 yrs. ago and I got a paper on it and to completely heal 3 yrs. or at least that's what the paper I recieved said..

fairly smart
WELL, IT WILL TAKE A WHILE, BUT DON'T GIVE UP...AS LONG AS IT IS STILL COMING UP, THAT IS A REALLY GOOD SIGN. KEEP IT UP!

LeeLynn
Good Job!.....I am going to book mark this page....I want to know this too...

Quietman40
Rating
it takes exactly 7 years for your lungs to totally rebuild themselves after you quit smoking. And that is NOT a guarantee that you will not one day get lung cancer anyway.

herbs411_42719
Rating
'WTGGGGGGG Each person is different the lungs are just cleaning themselves out. Unless there's a lot of pain I wouldn't worry. Contact me if you want and I can send you a diet plan that will help even more heal the body.

Hermione J.Potter
it will clear off.but were u a heavy smoker?chain?better c doc if it persists.

nas88caror 300
Rating
deepending how long and how much you smoked it could take anywhere form 6 moths to a couple of years

jeffrey k
Its normal and it will last for weeks. Your body was producing it to protect from the damage. Congrats and try to stop counting the days,it will just make it harder. Just remember the date and try to forget the whole thing.

asd_5_98
good for you (stoppin smoking) and its prolly gonna last a while (the coughing up) it will stya in ur lungs for a long time

girlycd
Rating
A BIG Congrats on quitting smoking. It depends on each individual on how long you cough will be like that. My husband and I quit last year and he coughed up for almost 3 months and myself just a few weeks. Each day will get better and you will feel better. Your lungs are trying to repair themselves. As well as the rest of your body.

Brad
it depends on how long you smoked, and what kind of cigarettes you smoked. I have heard it takes 1 month for 1 cigarette to be cleansed from the body. Coughing up crud is normal, it usually means you were smoking some hardcore cigs, like Marlboros or Camels, and that you were a multiple pack/day user. Dont worry, eventually it will get better, but most of the tar with stay with you for your lifetime. But quitting is ultimately the best thing to do, so good for you. Dont fall off the wagon. Take it one day at a time.

Paulette
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It will take time. But one day you will wake up and realize its all gone.

Think about how long you smoked, maybe one month for every year?? This isn't scientific, just a guess.

I never smoked enough to develop the GUNK stage.

Stay with it. The one thing I know with absolute certainty is that death from smoking related diseases is HORRIBLE. My Father smoked 68 years and died slowly for 6 or 8 years from Emphysema. By the time he died there was no oxygen to his brain because his lungs had basically solidified. He was blind, deaf and had no recognition of anyone by the time he died.
FROM SMOKING!!!

Stick with it, Your life is valuable.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy