Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Does anyone know what would make my arms fall asleep so fast?
Sometimes they fall alseep when I'm just sitting not even leaning on them at all. Other times when I'm laying on my stomach with arms over head to lay on. I understand laying on them will ...

My friend is really sick ater alcohol consumption?
At around 7 oclock we went for drinks. She had three different drinks. The last drink was at 10. We got home at 130 and she went straight to sleep. She slept for about two hours and then woke up. S...

How do I get rid of my snoring?

Is there a way to improve my vision without glasses?
I have glasses i was just wondering..
Additional Details
GOD, WITHOUT LASIK SURGERY , SHI* PPL GO FOR THE EASY ANSWER MUCH?...

What's the fastest way to curb an oncoming cold?
I feel the beginnings of a cold or upper respiratory infection coming on: sniffles, sore throat and productive cough. I have some zinc losenges and some echinacea tea lined up. Will these truly have ...

Does anyone Know how to quit smoking?
I smoke about a pack of full flavored cigarettes a day, and I would like to quit smoking here soon. Notice I am not fully comitted yet to doing so; ) Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any ideas ...

How many hours sleep do you run effeciently on?
I can go on 5 hours per night. I go to bed at 2am and I am up for work fresh as a daisy by 7am every day....

Tired all the time..any remedies?
and please don't say sleep..I get enough sleep, just feel fatiqued all ...

Can anyone recommend any tips on a good nights sleep?
We have just had good news this week on the house we put in an offer for and we have been accepted but the night before we found out i have not been sleeping very well for 3 nights in a row now.I do ...

Is walking barefoot good or bad for us?
Curious as to whether walking barfoot outside is good or bad for us in terms of foot health and skeletal health? Specifically, if one was to walk two or three miles on a regular basis barefooted ...

Should smoking be allowed in public places?
its for a debate we have and we dont know too much. so plzzzzzzz help!! ><...

Why do i have a recurring dream about my teeth falling out. my son has the same dream?

I've gone 38hrs without a cig but am nearly climbing the walls for one?
any idea's to take my mind off my craving? i'm doing cold turkey after smoking for 20yrs (dont fancy patches or gum)...

Need help fast! horrible constipation!?
I have to do a performance tomorrow but my belly is huge and I know why. I haven't gone to the bathroom in a longgg time. And I can feel that I want to go. But when I go, I can feel that the ...

Does warm milk really help you sleep?

Does anyone have easy tips for improving posture?
Ever since a few years ago, my posture has been awful. People have told me I look like the letter C when I sit. I'm on a mission to improve it and I want to know if anyone has experience doing ...

Last call - i REALLY need to quit smoking but I don't want to use medication?
any suggestions? PLEASE help

thanks so very, very ...

How can I get a full night's sleep?
I have bad insomnia and I am always waking up in the middle of the night and/or always tossing and turning. I wake up and sometimes my neck or shoulders hurt. I cant switch my mattress, but are there ...

This may be the weirdest thing you ever hear?
Ever since I was like 2 years old, and I am 16 now, I have PICKED my belly button. Yes, you heard it correctly. So, We'll say about 14 years or so. I pick it like everywhere I go. At night, at ...

Eating all the Gummy Vitamans???/?
My niece got into her gummy vitamins and she finished the hole bottle what should we do ???...

Laura L
How long does it take for weed to get out of your system in order to come out clean on a piss test?? Need ASAP
been about a month since then and hurt my arm at work and want ot report it but I'll get a drug test. Not a pothead either just did it a couple of X's

carlos r
well if you drink like 8 gallons of water the day before the test youll be fine cuz what the water does is it cleans out everything and then you take a piss so when you take a piss all the weed comes out and then your clean for the test

redneckrebel
drink water and suregel itll be out soon. prolly already is!

Vocal Democrat
Rating
There are some OTC (herbal) suppliments that you can get that will mask weed in a drug test.

Because they are "nature suppliments" they will not show up in a drug test. Go ask a knowledgeable naturalist, and they can direct you what brand/doses. I know that in Dallas, several Whole Foods stores used to carry them.

oooooomgness
Rating
Cannabis and Drug Tests
by Erowid

Tested for in Standard Drug Tests? YES
Detection Period in Urine:
Single Use : 1-6 days
Weekly Use : 3-9 days
Daily Use : 7-30 days

Urine Testing
THC is one of the "NIDA 5". The five drugs tested for in standard NIDA approved drug tests. A single use of cannabis may be detected by a typical urine drug test for 1-6 days depending on amount smoked, individual body metabolism rates, and the cutoff level used by the test (15 ng/ml, 20 ng/ml, 50 ng/ml, 100 ng/ml). Chronic or daily use may be detected by a typical urine drug test for 7-30 days depending on the same factors listed above. Lower levels of Cannabinoids do remain in the body for longer than 30 days, but appear unlikely to result in a positive drug test due to cutoff levels.

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is rapidly absorbed by inhalation and the gastrointestinal tract. It is almost completely metabolized. The predominant metabolite is 9-carboxy-11-nor-delta-9-THC, which found in the plasma, feces and urine along with other compounds. Very low concentrations of THC may be detected in urine during the initial several hours, but tetrahydrocannabinol persists in urine at a detectable concentration for many days after smoking.
---Onsite Drug Testing
The standard THC test is a one step rapid, qualitative immunoassay for the detection of tetrahydrocannabinol compounds (9-carboxy-THC) in urine. The cutoff concentration recommended by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA/NIDA) for a positive result in an immunoassay test is 50 ng/ml. The cutoff for GC-MS is generally 15 ng/ml.

Although it is widely claimed that THC metabolites can cause a positive urine test for months after use, a more realistic estimate is closer to 3-4 weeks for chronic users. Toxicologist Paul Cary presents a comprehensive overview of recent research in The Marijuana Detection Window [Drug Court Review, Vol 5(1)]. Cary reviews several studies documenting detection windows greater than 30 days, and finds significant confounds or limitations to design in each of them. He concludes:

"Recent scientific literature indicates that it is uncommon for occasional marijuana smokers to test positive for cannabinoids in urine for longer than seven days using standard cutoff concentrations. Following smoking cessation, chronic smokers would not be expected to remain positive for longer than 21 days, even when using the 20 ng/mL cannabinoid cutoff. While longer detection times have been documented in research studies, these prolonged elimination findings represent uncommon occurrences and should not be used as exculpatory evidence in the majority of case adjudications." (pp. 23-4)

Experiences:
THC Detection Times in Occasional Smoker, by Texture

Hair Testing
Cannabis use is detectable with hair tests and is generally included in the standard hair test. Hair tests generally take the most recent 1.5 inches of growth and use those for testing. That provides a detection period of approximately 90 days. If an individual's hair is shorter than 1.5 inches, this detection period will be shorter.

Saliva Testing
In the past few years, new technologies have been developed which allow for saliva testing for the presence of Cannabis (THC). We do not currently have information about what the detection period is for these tests.

Blood Testing
Cannabis is detectable in the blood for approximately 2-3 days after use in an infrequent user. Frequent use can be detected in the blood for approximately 2 weeks.

Substances or Conditions which can cause false positives
Ibuprofen; (Advil, Nuprin, Motrin, Excedrin IB etc)
Naproxen (Aleve)
Ketoprofen (Orudis KT)
Promethazine (Phenergan, Promethegan)
Pantoprazole (Protonix)
Riboflavin (B2, Hempseed Oil)
Kidney infection (Kidney disease, diabetes) Liver Disease
Dronabinol (Marinol)

Additional Information
Drug Testing Vault
Visine Might Cause False Negatives

Last Modified - Tue, May 22, 2007 Created by Erowid

♥~TacySay~♥
If it's been about a month, you should pee clean.

BeeZee
The answer is usually anywhere from 20-60 days. But I frequently hear it takes 30 days. Drink a lot of water and cranberry juice. (Anti oxidants help cleanse your system) But dont over do it because your creatin levels in your pee will be low- meaning you obviously tried to cover something up!

Derrick D
Rating
Ussually a month longer if you have excess body fat

Joey's Girl
usually about 30 days.

The Last Scion
30 days due to something called a half life. Marijuana is fat soluble, it hides in fatty tissue in your body. Every day, half of the amount in your body gets processed out. The next day, half of the amount that's left.

moxychic_333
good fu**ing luck now you have to pay the consequences, just hope they don't do a hair test because weed can stay in your hair for months even years!

talismb
Well...30 days might be enough, but there are various factors that effect things...are you talking a whiz-quiz or one of the various gestapo methods out there (sweat, hair, blood) Such as body weight (THC is Fat soluble) Frequency of use and of course quantity/quality... Depending on how well they watch you pee, you probably could get one of the bladder units out of high times...They run about $75 bucks with overnight shipping and are filled with enough fake (but apparently realistic) Urine...and are good for two tests...anyhow...good luck

dcasey7777
I have heard different things about this. First, I've heard that cannibus stays in your system for about 6 months. The second is that a urine test is not as accurate as a blood test.

From personal experience let me say this. Back in my younger days I was smoking pot and doing speed. I got called for a urine test one morning just after smoking a joint and dropping a tab of speed. I had heard a technician comment once that a urine test did not have enough "specific gravity" to be valid. It had something to do with the urine sample being too diluted. So I ran back to my apartment, drank a large quantity of water (about 1/2 gallon. maybe more) and pee'ed several times before going to do the test.

I never got popped for anything, so it worked for me. The technology today may be better, but that's one possible way to foil the results. Even if the test is declared invalid you would have a little more time to clear your system

summerking79
Rating
DEPENDS ON HOW OFTEN YOU USE IT. iF YOUR NOT A HEAVY USER IT SHOULD ALREADY BE OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM, BUT TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE, WAIT A FEW MORE WEEKS. IF THEY DO A HAIR FOLLICLE TEST YOUR OUT OF LUCK.

delicateburst
Rating
Really a month but that really depends how much and how long you been smoking if it's been years it's gonna take more then just drinking water. Try little bit of bleach in your water drink that. But good luck.

scottiethompson
You should be ok especially if it is a piss test and not hair test.

Nicolle Yo:]
Rating
A month, but if ur chubby it might take longer.
A really good way to make it come out of ur system quicker, and I swear on everything this works is to drink nothing but Craneberry juice and water none stop.
Thats what some navy recruters told my brother and he got a clean piss test in less than a month.

Chuck T
28 days minimum

amarie0223
about a month

channien y
it's takes about a month, depending on your body mass index.. If you have any concerns about it still being in your system, then you could buy a preservative called certo. it can be found at walmart. you drink one packet of this with a gallon of distilled water before your drug test, and you'll come out clean. My ex-hubby had a problem with pot and he also had to take drug test for probation, and this always did the trick

Tyler H
Rating
I don't know the exact amount of time, but if you have been clean for a month, you will be ok by now.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy