Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

How to stop my hiccups?????

Additional Details
thanks evryone for answering my question
and giving cute and sweet answers
i dont know which one to ...

Is this bad?
I've gotten into a habit of taking afternoon naps and I'm only 15... which I must admit, is a little strange. I just felt so worn down again today (really tired), I slept from 3 to 6...

What can I do to stop feeling do tired at work?
I always get a good night's sleep (7-9 hours) but then at work, when I'm sat at my desk, I always feel tired, and have sometimes fallen asleep. What should I do?...

What's the best cure for a migraine?
I've been getting at least one a day for a few days now. I treat it with either Advil or Motrin, but it's usually not strong enough. Are there any other over-the-counter medicines I could ...

Is it good if a father makes his 14 month old son drink alcohol?

Does vomiting kill you?
Not bulimia-wise, just like, say you were extremely nauseous and you couldn't take it, and all of a sudden, after six years of not doing so, it happens?
Additional Details

I have a taste of metal in my mouth, what could it be ? Only had this for a few days.?
My mouth always feels dry, and I'm worried my breath may smell, can someone tell me whats wrong, and if there is something I can do, to stop the metal taste. T...

Perspiration sitution?
ok i sweat really bad but the worst is under my arms.plus now it's worse b/c i'm having to take gym this semester.does anyone know how to help me w/ this.i know that sweating is the body...

How can i stop being angry all the time?

Is 43 old?

Have you ever been in a Ambulance?
I have once but it was to accompany someone to hospital....

Throwing up blood...?
so i'm 20 years old. and i've been drinking for awhile and i now drink a lot. at least 10 beers a night. and i've never had a problem or threw up from it. but last night i threw up a ...

I have O neg blood which is considered universal donor. Should I give blood? I am a terrible coward?
Plus I have a tattoo and drink lots of wine on the weekends. Am I still eligible? I'm not great with needles....

Can u get weed out of ur system?
my p.o is coming to c me tomorrow an i smoked a blunt is there any way for me to get it out of my system in case he pee tests me?...

I need to know if there is an age limit on a brother and sister sharing a bedroom?
i have a daughter of 10 and a son of 3 sharing a room due to living in a 2 bed ...

How many hours sleep do you get in a night?
I seem to be living on 7 hours at the moment, but it never feels enough, problem is, being a night owl, I can't seem to fall asleep before 12am even though I try! What time you get to bed and ...

Headaches, vomiting, nausea, dizzy..whats wrong with me???
2 weeks ago today i wke up SP sick with a headaches and vomiting. It hasnt got better. I went to the 5 days ago and they did a CT scan, blood work ..everything..found nothing. They gave mt Vicodin, ...

What do i do after rape?
It has now been 6months since i was raped by a stanger and i cannot deal with it. Three weeks ago i moved into university accomodation and am living with people who i dont really know. Do i tell them ...

I have got the hiccups any tips to get rid of them?
I will try drinking water upside down from a glass....

Easy Ten Points (maybe).....zzzzzzzzzzz?
I can't easily get to sleep, I try reading, watching TV, staring off into space, replaying movies in my head...there is nothing wrong with my mattress or pillow and my bedframe is fine.
HELP...

hopeforme
How long does a knee replacement takes to heal?

mrsgapeach71
Rating
the initial healing before the staples come out should be around 14 days. You could be sore for around 2 months, then you will have a burning sensation that is the knees nerves regenerating for up to a year or so after the operation. DO your Physical and Occupational therapy to speed up the process!!!

den1bibot
Well this depends on how much and fast who do your knee bends it's all about how much pain can you take. but if you don't get up and walking soon it's probley going to affect you for the rest of your life you will have a permenate limp. usally after a knee replacment operation most people are up and running around after 6 weeks tops.

DAYNA S
Rating
six weeks up depending on ur age, health & if ur DR. didn't mess it up

norb4423
several months

lyndsloo
Rating
it takes about a month or so

merdazzurri
Rating
For solutions about your question see "google". It is the fastest way to resolve it. You can digit the key word and wait the answer. Bye.

fellow
Rating
I look your question this way-If youve been to a Doctor and have your kneel replaced the same Doctor can tell you approximantely how long it will take.Also it depends on individual body system and other things that follows--like how faithful you are to your Medication which could include the prescribed medicine etc.Good luck my dear!

jcarlin6

godschild
depends on what was wrong
my mom repleced her whole knee but was in the hospital for 7 wks because her other knee was stopping her from walking
my guess is a month to 4 months

jonhammer69
To walk steadily without help and little or no pain will take about six months. Once you have acheaved this1st & most important step, continue recieving therapy treatment, as this will help you to regain full use of the limb. DO NOT RUSH IT!!!! If you do you risk blowing it out before you know it, then your back to sqare one, just like the 1st day it happened. Hope This Helps.

Joseph W
Rating
It's up to the individual and their mind set. If a person does everything properly, it won't take as long as some one that doesn't. It takes close to a year.

J. K
Rating
Atleast 6 months.

Domino's Mom
Depends on your body. usually 6 months. Hang in there

George K
About 1 year.

santosh n
that depends on the rest of taking patient and his resistence of the body and food and age also

Mav
Minimum of 12 weeks or 3 months. The healing is relatively fast...it is the Physical Therapy and other issues that take the time. You need to be able to walk again with a New Knee.

BhuddaGanja
Rating
it varies

Fruit Cake Lady
Rating
It depends on how much pain you can deal with and how hard you work at it. If your lazy, it will take forever.

mistify
For most people, the big turning point is around 3 months. I usually observe a significant decrease in pain and an increase in engery. This is usually the point that a person is ready for discharge from physical therapy.

Pain and edema, however, can still occur between 6 months to a year. Function normally plateaus at the year mark.

bashfullyours1973
Rating
depends on the person. 6 to 8 weeks you can be back to work, if you sill work.

trying
Rating
a long time...so put off those dance lessons for awhile..

rocketscientist
Rating
Feeling good in 5 week 2-3 months back to self

HK gal
I've read that it takes less than 1 year. It really depends on how the patient will respond and will do what the doctor says.

creerhnter
Rating
at least 6 months possibly longer, it all depends on if and how you use it while it is healing. If you put a bunch of weight on it before it is ready, then it will take longer because you have put an undue amount of stress on it. An operation like that one is a big event and so it is gonna take time. Be patient.

linda_caz
Find a doctor to give you a cartload of drugs because its gonna hurt like a son of a B. But, from watching my Dad six months is about accurate. That is if you dont kill yourself over the pain during the first 3 months...My overweight boss couldnt move for 3 mos when she had it done! So lay off the Cheetos for a month before

Jaiden
Rating
I guess it depends what kind of material they used to replace it and how bad it was injured before the sergery.

momof3
Rating
It took my dad about 1 yr to heal up and that was with phy therapy...

heavenlli_61
Rating
it took my nieces knee to heal six months or better

marc d
Rating
it will take about 5 months or so

saika
Rating
i had a knee operation oct last year. I still have the swellin and only can bend it 90 degrees. I may get more movement or maybe not. Have to keep up with the exercises....

audrey_halley2004
Rating
That would depend on many factors:
1. The age of the patient
2. How good a shape they are when the knee was replaced
3. How well they respond the physical therapy
To a person middle age person in good shape with no other serious ills the average time to heal would be 8-10 weeks on the outside.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, December 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy