Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Do women and men use different parts of their brain?
if i was do do a brain scan on my partner & mewould it show that i use my of my brain than him cause i think he is so slow to reconise any thing in front of ...

Do you snore or do you know someone who snore? Please specify your relation with the person.?
What does snoring do to you or how does it affect you? Would you do anything to make snoring stop?

Please specify you location (country)* any filipinos in the Philippines?

DOing ...

Having trouble sleeping.....HELP!!!?
For the last couple of days I have not been able to sleep. If I do sleep it is about 5 am and I have to get ready for school and stuff at 7, even then I keep waking up. Is there any at home remedies ...

Have you ever felt like the day after the night before without having the night before?

I am gettin my ears pierced again and i was wondeirng?
Does it hurt to get them done. I am gettin them done tomorrow and im nervous. Whats do they do? What do they use?...

My son is nearly 9?
and he has just started sleepwalking, has anyone got any info on this?...

Can you get deseases from public washers and dryers?

Ouch! headache above eye?
I have been ill with a cold/freshers flu (though im not a fresher) for the past few days, and now i seem to have a headache right above my left eye which hurts more when i move in my head in certain ...

Will it be ok to drink ?
I would like to have a glass of wine in a minute but will it be okay because I had a couple of painkillers about 2 hours ago
Additional Details
I am not going to try and kill myself that&...

I have permanent indigestion any solutions?
I have tried all the obvious cures renni ect....

About going to er?
everyone says that people just go to the er if they can't afford to go to the doctor and because ER can't turn them down. Isn't going to the ER far more expensive than going to a ...

Would you lay in somebody else's bath water? (Eeeeew!!!)?
I mean if you think about it when you lay in your own bath water you are merely laying in your own dirt and muck so whats the difference if its some1 else's muck?.....and in terms of "...

Can anything bad come from drinking too much water?
I know it's bad not to drink enough, but what about too much? Does that rinse your system of certain chemicals, or anything like that?...

Quit Smokeing.?
im trying to quit smokeing I havent had a cigarette in almost five days, but the craveing is getting really bad, im trying to get the patch and the gum.. What else helps?...

Why should you not drink any soda?

Eye Pain and it causes lack of sleep anyone any clues?
Seen an optromistrist and optician and no one can find anything wrong with the eye

Pain in right eye and then it waters profusely. Once the water has gone the eye eventually settles down ...

Is it bad to have magazines in the bathroom?
My husband likes it but it grosses me out to have them in there. I mean how do you clean a magazine?...

Need some sleep?
Hey please help me......How can I get to sleep quickly without sleeping pills? Everyday I go to bed and takes a very lont time b4 sleeping. Please help....

Is it true that you can get authoritis in your hand if you crack your knuckles?

Has anyone got or had a gastric ulcer if so how did you get rid of it?
i have got a stomach ulcer and i am taking ppi medication for it but they are not helping waiting for another scope can anyone give me any advice
. I have a lot of pain after eating and late ...

Freddy Botheringham
How long can I -- or humans in general -- go without showering?
Can a person last years without washing themself? What about brushing their teeth?

I've now gone for three days without showering. People tell me that I stink, but to me I just find showering and shaving quite bothersome. It is not like I'm playing in the mud and not showering. I'm just sitting about staring at the ceiling.

Jaurdynn
oh wow....now i understand that taking a shower may be annoying...but your going to have to...at lest every other day if not every day...if u dont want to shave then thats your perogative..but you rele do need to shower...and brushing your teeth is a must every day all the living bacteria in your mouth can grow and eat away at the enamel of your teeth making them wrot! lol its okay to be different and if your trying to make a statement try some new cologne...im sure that you will smell diff. but you will not smell horrid bc you dont shower lol

kstars
Rating
You could go as long as you want. But showering, does clean your body. Not showering, leaves sweat in contact, making you smell terrible.

sstott79
You could go your whole life. You just would be very lonely because no one would want to be around you and your stank.

Even if you are just sitting and staring the ceiling, your body sweats. It evaporates off your body, but the smell lingers. Your body emits and odor and you need to wash the stank off of you body. Your friends and family will thank you.

lindanewell_1
Rating
I personally don't care how long you go without cleaning your body or hair, but do yourself a favor and take care of your teeth and gums. Get a Braun Oral-B (the cheap rechargeable one--about $20.) Use it for two minutes in the morning and two minutes in the evening (they come with a built-in timer.) Spend one to two minutes flossing each day and that's all it takes. Believe me, this simple, quick routine (along with at least once a year professional cleanings) will save you oodles and oodles of time spent in dentist's chairs and periodontists chairs and endodontists chairs having needles stuck in your palate and gums, getting fillings and root canals and crowns and implants, having gum surgery, etc. And it will also save you THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of dollars. The alternative is a lot of very painful toothaches and tooth extractions, eventually resulting in your either having no teeth or having to get dentures. If that is the route you choose to take, just have a dentist pull your teeth now and you can at least avoid the toothaches.

Good luck and have a happy life.

Katy W
Rating
You never have to shower again if you don't want to! Sweat itself of course doesn't smell, it's stale sweat that smells, and the bacteria multiplies within it. Even if the smell didn't bother you or anyone else, if you don't keep yourself clean all sorts of weird and interesting things will grow on your body and you'll probably end up with some nice infections and lovely fungi and stuff like that. Oodles of fun. As far as your teeth are concerned, I know myself if I've been out one night, got in and flaked out without brushing my teeth, by the next morning they feel horrible. I also hate kissing my partner when he's not brushed his teeth, it makes me feel sick. And of course, you're more likely to need fillings, root canal, or lose your teeth all together!
So good luck with that.

J T
Rating
You can go without showering for as long as you like theoretically if your body is being properly nourished with a good lifestyle as you skin has a self sloughing mechanism.

BUT the smell would be absolutely unbearable from the build of sebum &, fats from your apocrine & sebaceous glands, and dirt making a nice home on your body.

You can't go as long in theory without brushing your teeth as tooth decay & gum disease sets in very early without constant brushing preferably 2X a day and flossing once a day.

Word to the wise... YOU DO STINK! Even if you have a shower in the morning and apply good quality deoderant/anti-perspirant & cologne, by the next morning your body odours alone will over come anything you did the day before. Have a shower & brush your teeth! The people around you aren't joking... playing in the mud might even seal in some of the smell to be honest.... *scratches head*

lotusflwr32
... you're either depressed or smoking a lot of pot... or both. Get up and do stuff... exercise your mind and body and take people who care's advice...

I would be less concerned if you were just muddy but stinky?? ew the bacteria you must be growing on yourself... start enjoying the feeling of water on your skin again... start enjoying a lot of things out there...

Paquette8
Rating
Why don't you just shower its not going to kill, If you wanna get married a think you should shower.

Kimera S
You CAN go without showering as long as you can stand to be in the same room with yourself. In the middle ages people showered annually, relying on scented oils to do the job for them.

A good general rule to follow is to shower once every 2-3 days if you dont sweat heavily and daily if you do. For no other reasn than to rinse off the dried salt and minerals present in your sweat... never mind the fact that dried sweat does increase the amount of bacteria on your skin, and bacteria + dried sweat = BO which most modern people do NOT find pleasant to be around.

For may of the smae reasons... and the added fact that increased bacteria in the mouth leads to greater amounts of tooth decay (pain, tooth loss, loss of ability to enjoy solid food) it is considered best to wash your teeth 1-3x daily. (Depending on if you brush before bed and after waking, or after each meal.)

GWB
Rating
For me in 114 heat, twice a day!
Sounds like you are depressed and need help.

thetakeover83
Yes, but as you sit there, your body is still sweating, and, after puberty, this sweat smells- hence BO.

If you stink, time to have a shower or become a hermit! It's just socially correct.

Martha Evans
Rating
People naturally have dust mites living on their body, which also poop, and the dust mite poop is what people get allergic to. The dust mites feed on dead skin cells, and that is a good reason to wash off the dead skin cells that your body is naturally shedding and replacing with healthy ones.

Also, there are other microscopic critters on your skin which feed on such things as dead skin, oils, and anything else they can find. Giving a warm, moist, area that has not been washed or disturbed will give germs and such things as yeast a prime opportunity to feed, breed, and multiply, contributing to odors, filth, and possible breaddown of healthy skin. When bacteria die, sometimes they can release harsh chemicals that can irritate the skin.

Poor hygiene is a medical sign of mental illness. People who don't wash their private areas have more chance of developing such things as perirectal abscesses, which can be quite painful. If you cut yourself and haven't kept your skin clean, there is a higher risk of those germs on your skin entering the tissue or blood stream and possibly infecting your heart, brain, or kidneys, because not washing allows a much higher number of germs to stay on your skin and adhere to the rough dead skin cells stuck together with the oils you secrete and that the germs and dust mites are feeding on and breaking down.

As you said, people are complaining that you stink, so it is time to take a bath or shower and be both considerate to your family and friends and also to yourself. Bathing is a natural way to love yourself--care for the body God gave you.
If you don't like to bathe, please do it out of consideration for others.

They say it takes about 20 minutes for a cavity to start forming if you eat sugary things and don't brush your teeth. If you don't brush your teeth, you are increasing the number of harmful bacteria in your mouth that adhere to your teeth and gums. The germs feed on the food you eat (especially sugars) and the acid they produce causes tooth decay. Some germs also secrete such things as acids that dissolve tissue! Without brushing teeth, you will end up without teeth and also gum disease which is associated with heart disease and other infections in the body. Poor oral hygiene also increases your risk of oral cancers, which sometimes require such things as cutting out your cheek or tongue. Poor oral hygiene is also associated with a lot of pain in your mouth and tooth abscesses. It is important to get your teeth cleaned twice a year to get rid of some of the germs on your teeth and around your gums that the toothbrush can't.

Be loving to yourself and take care of your body. You will enjoy your life more if you do.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy